Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemsoning or gamecocking?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,936

Clemsoning or gamecocking?

Aug 22, 2015, 8:04 AM

Last time Clemson and SCjr enterented the season tio 10:

#8 Clemson lost by 24 pts in 2008 (when the term was first coined by gamecock fans on urban dictionary) to eventual National Champs Alabama. Oh, by the way, it was the first time now elite NFL WR Julio Jones took the field (before any team in the country knew how Bama would use him/had gane film on him in an Alabama jersey). Clemson finished out the regular season with a 7-5 record. Clemson hasn't lost a game since the 2011 football season to a team who FINISHED their year outside of the AP top 10.

#9 Gamecocks lost by 23 pts to an aTm team (@ home) in their first game without their best QB in school history. aTm went on to finish the regular season 6-6. Scjr finished out the regular season with a respectable 6-6 record as well. Gamecocks have dropped (off the top of my head multiples to non-ranked foes: UTjr twice, Kentucky twice, unranked AU, unranked UF).

Someone go get creative on Urban Dictionary in regards to this, and spread it like wildfire.

PS: There was also the defeat to the hands of an AU team on a neutral field (that Clemson took into OT AT auburn) by a wider margin of pts than the WVU/Clemson fiasco. Clemson's become a household top 15 program, while SC has been in steady decline ever since.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemsoning is losing to a team BENEATH you.

Aug 22, 2015, 8:21 AM

Not to mention , when the Clemson debacle happened in 08, the coach lost his job. The Coots are still bowing to the banner.

Re: Clemsoning is losing to a team BENEATH you.

Aug 22, 2015, 8:39 AM

Yes but all of the Coot losses to unranked teams were to teams in the $EC , and we all know by now thanks to the kind folks up in Connecticut at ESecPN that they are at a different level than other teams .
So a team like Kentucky might have finished #55 in the country , but being in the $EC really places them around #17 as far as actual talent and awesomeness.
It's sort of a curved line .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Lou Holtz actually started that

Aug 22, 2015, 8:43 AM

when at 0-11 he convinced the #### faithful that they'd win any other conference, the SEC was just tough. ESecPN picked up on it and ran with it.

Re: OLD 0 and 21 LOU. or is it 63 to 17 Lou?***

Aug 22, 2015, 9:08 AM

Cockflopping

Aug 22, 2015, 8:42 AM

Is the correct term

I'll take

Aug 22, 2015, 8:45 AM

What a Coot's sister does on Friday night, Alex ?

Just thought is was called "Pulling a Gamecock" and can

Aug 22, 2015, 9:43 AM

leave off the game!

Re: Clemsoning or gamecocking?

Aug 22, 2015, 10:34 AM

Losing to a team you know you should beat, hmm, can happen any given Saturday. The gameclucks will have their fair share of losses again this year, so let's come with a name contest for their losses since they think they should win every game. I choose cluck got PLUCKED, any have some fun, it's more than one way to cook chicken....... GO TIGERS !!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gamecocking = Going 0-21 then

Aug 22, 2015, 11:23 AM

tearing down goal posts with the losing streak is broken by beating powerhouse New Mexico State.

Clemsoning was coined as a term to describe fluke instances when blocked punts etc. result in OT or 1 point wins for teams like Duke.

I can't recall Clemson ever losing to a I-AA team. I can remember several Coot instances of that happening.

Aug 22, 2015, 11:26 AM

We were preseason #8 in 2013 finished that season at #7 so I think it's fair to saying gamecocking.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 22, 2015, 12:51 PM

I thought it was called "Limpcocking".

Re: Clemsoning or gamecocking?***

Aug 22, 2015, 12:51 PM

Aug 22, 2015, 12:52 PM

Like that title !!!!

Aug 22, 2015, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemsoning or gamecocking? ]

Love "Limpcocking." Has to be a term announcers use without the "inappropriate language"

Aug 22, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemsoning or gamecocking? ]

Backlash from viewers

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic