Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs. South Carolina position by position if you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Clemson vs. South Carolina position by position if you

Sep 14, 2014, 8:17 AM

use the UGA game as the only data but recognize that a team in week 3 playing at home should be much improved over a week 1 team playing on the road:

QB edge to SC
RB huge edge to SC
WR edge to SC
TE huge edge to SC
OL huge edge to SC
DL edge to Clemson
LB even
DB even

So, the rub here is to see how much we have improved over week 1 when we play again. Also, I don't know if this weekend will be a good indicator...playing a FSU team on the road that may not be the best in the country but is certainly top 5. We may have to wait for the UNC game at home to get an indication of how good we are compared to SC.

But this much is certainly true, SC got coached up in the last two weeks and really improved. Will we see similar results in the next two games? We'll see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't agree on your position group breakdowns

Sep 14, 2014, 8:31 AM

qb - even
rb - slight edge to usuc
wr - edge to clemson
te - even
ol - huge edge to usuc
dl - huge edge to clemson
lb - even
db - edge to clemson

true, they looked better against uga, but how much did home field have to do with that ? weather ? not sure last night was a good indicator. they have yet to leave their friendly confines,and sos has them playing pretty good at the roach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, I put in a disclaimer of home field and week 3 vs.

Sep 14, 2014, 8:40 AM

playing on the road in week 1.

I will say that their TEs are big athletic and great blockers as well as receivers. They have the edge at that position by a huge margin no matter what week we're in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i don't agree on your position group breakdowns

Sep 14, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to i don't agree on your position group breakdowns ]

QB even
WR even
TE even
RB USC
OL USC

DL CU
LB slight edge CU
DB good lord they both a weakness

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How would we know if Clemson has good tightends?

Sep 14, 2014, 9:29 AM [ in reply to i don't agree on your position group breakdowns ]

They're never ####### used.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Because blocking counts in the equation.***

Sep 14, 2014, 10:40 AM

It is way early like you say. Has Spurrier fixed things yet?

Sep 14, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to i don't agree on your position group breakdowns ]

It was one game. A big one. At home. The entire season within the SEC on the line. This was the first game where they played well on both sides of the ball if you ask me.

They won't be tested much until the go to Auburn. It will be interesting to see if they look more like the team that got slaughtered by TAMU or the one that played nearly flawlessly against UGA.

Re: Clemson vs. South Carolina position by position if you

Sep 14, 2014, 8:43 AM

Have faith Joe. Don't buy into what the media is selling. Truth is Gurley did as bad to them as he did us. Remember we were right there through three quarters until Chad's brain fart killed our defense. The only place where Usuc is better than us right now is Oline and offensive coaching. Usuc got A LOT of breaks to go their way, that doesn't always happen......unless you're a whining, man-boobed, arrogant prick like spurrier.......

Haven't really read or listened to media about last night's

Sep 14, 2014, 8:59 AM

game and I watched in a bar with no sound.

Also, read my disclaimers about week 3 at home vs. week 1 on the road.

Sep 14, 2014, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs. South Carolina position by position if you ]

You realize we only had 15 yards and no 1st downs in the entire 2nd half, right? Scar had 250 yards.
Scar looked not only better than us, but they looked MUCH better against a tremendously motivated UGA team.
Those are some serious orange colored glasses you're wearing there, buddy.

Sep 14, 2014, 8:47 AM

I think your assessment is pretty accurate for where our two teams stand right now.

It pains me to say it , but Spurrier and staff has done an incredible job the last two weeks coaching up their team. The question is can they continue to improve and avoid a let down. They have a ton of hurdles to get over.

As for us, the next few weeks will tell us just how good Dabo is as a coach.

We don't have to win, but we have to play competitive this week against FSU. A beat down like last year could send this team into a tailspin.

I think we have QB edge, WR edge, and maybe DB edge.

Sep 14, 2014, 8:57 AM

I agree on others. Their huge OL edge helps QB and RBs perform at a much higer level than they would behind our O-line.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

And people on here gush about our TE depth but we are

Sep 14, 2014, 9:00 AM

way behind them there.

Sep 14, 2014, 9:09 AM

QB scar (if deshaun doesn't play)
RB scar
WR slight SCAR (we could get there but young)

TE scar (went to high school with jay jay. Give him the ball and this might change)

OL scar by a lot

DL Clemson (looked good first 3 qrts)

LB even

Db Clemson

Coaching scar (the is a terrible mismatch for us. OBS has had dabo and The Chads number)

Let's see if we can finally get a good gameplan against the coots.

Also, remember our game 1 suspensions

Sep 14, 2014, 9:13 AM

Yes we fell apart in several areas in the 4th quarter but don't forget the suspensions. I believe fatigue on the D-line played a part.

Shoulda just said, HOME COOKING - Gigantic edge to SC***

Sep 14, 2014, 9:23 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2014, 9:26 AM

A good way would be to compare head to head against a common foe i.e. UGA.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=400548392

UGA left 18 points on the field made a difference in the game IMO.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=400547740

The 100 yard return in the 1st and bad field position in the 2nd hurt the Tigers chances for a win IMO.

If our coaches would stop dicking around and play the best

Sep 14, 2014, 9:28 AM

players that wouldn't be the case. But, they have their huge buyouts, getting repercussions for losing big games doesn't really matter to them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Who other than Watson would fall into that category and

Sep 14, 2014, 10:38 AM

that's not a given. We've on seen him play about 2 quarters?

We've seen nothing of Choice/Galllman where you could make that determination especially with the holes created for them agaainst SC State.

And Scott has gotten plenty of snaps in both games.

I think your argument is BS.

Not sure how you can give a push at LB

Sep 14, 2014, 9:30 AM

Your LBs were out of position all game against UGA.

Our LBs actually made plays on Gurley.

Has to be advantage Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

You're probably right because I was only basing it on UGA.***

Sep 14, 2014, 10:39 AM

Sep 14, 2014, 9:35 AM

Their defense still sucks

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sep 14, 2014, 10:42 AM

You should add head coach to that list and give that to scar too, that's why they beat uga

All that and $5 will buy you a latte' at Starbucks

Sep 14, 2014, 10:43 AM

RIght now it matters not.

Besides, the only obvious comparison is that usuc's OL, esp the tackles, are better than ours.

But we kind of knew that already.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2014, 5:30 PM

Pretty fair assessment but I still think they will lose a headscratcher and another game or 2. They play well at the roach but we'll see that change when they hit the road. I just hope we are competitive this Saturday.

Today you may be right.

Sep 14, 2014, 5:54 PM

We play in 10 weeks though.

Lots can happen in 10 weeks.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic