Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson "violations"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,192

Clemson "violations"

Aug 7, 2019, 7:30 PM

Look where this story came from.... "Player got paid above the going rate for work around the home"... "Posted on social media in a promotional capacity"... "Reimbursing above the schools mileage rate".. Sounds like a reach to me.

Also all "violations" have been resolved and the school put this out to the public.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27343053/clemson-had-8-secondary-violations-2018-19

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson "violations"

Aug 7, 2019, 8:28 PM

"The football violations reported by the school included a homeowner paying a player above the going rate for work around the home on three separate occasions. "

How is it legal for the NCAA to decide how much a guy can charge to mow someone's grass? This is how the NCAA will fall.

Aug 7, 2019, 8:30 PM

What is the going rate and how does the NCAA decide this?

Angies List***

Aug 7, 2019, 8:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 7, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson "violations" ]

Watch "paid in full" on youtube it's about Ole Miss paying players and it shows how they investigated players that openly admitted to bidding wars between SEC schools and the other schools names were omitted and Ole Miss was singled out and how it was worse than SMU but they got a slap on the wrist. Some of these players openly admitted to how much they were paid to play for their current school and even had texts asking when their parents were getting their rent money because it was coming up soon etc and still Ole Miss was singled out...

As for this Clemson article I was thinking the same thing what is the "going rate" for work around the house and how is that judged? I do side work and many times when I do job that exceeds their expectations they give me a little more as a thank you, is this not allowed?

Aug 8, 2019, 12:20 AM

SethSlyy said:

Watch "paid in full" on youtube it's about Ole Miss paying players and it shows how they investigated players that openly admitted to bidding wars between SEC schools and the other schools names were omitted and Ole Miss was singled out and how it was worse than SMU but they got a slap on the wrist. Some of these players openly admitted to how much they were paid to play for their current school and even had texts asking when their parents were getting their rent money because it was coming up soon etc and still Ole Miss was singled out...

As for this Clemson article I was thinking the same thing what is the "going rate" for work around the house and how is that judged? I do side work and many times when I do job that exceeds their expectations they give me a little more as a thank you, is this not allowed?

C'mon you guys are being ridiculous. It's obvious when someone pays an amount that's over the line. If someone pays you $100 to now the lawn, that's a little high but not eyebrow worthy. Pay someone $500, and everyone would say that's over the line for regular work in that field

Aug 8, 2019, 6:24 AM

dogunwo said:

SethSlyy said:

C'mon you guys are being ridiculous. It's obvious when someone pays an amount that's over the line. If someone pays you $100 to now the lawn, that's a little high but not eyebrow worthy. Pay someone $500, and everyone would say that's over the line for regular work in that field

I have been offered to Mow/ Bush-hog large properties from $500 to $1200. Also, my company has a contract for seasonal lawn service for $3400 per month. If the job is there and the owner is willing to pay you for it, then you can charge what the homeowner things your value is.

Aug 7, 2019, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson "violations" ]

it comes from the 90s when players (at many schools) were getting about $1200/hour to do yard work for boosters. A million ways to 'influence' players to go to your school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Aug 7, 2019, 8:33 PM

They monitor how you use confetti? Also, how does one “wrongly use confetti?” Maybe I don’t want to know that answer.

Aug 7, 2019, 8:39 PM

Obviously the confetti was $20 dollar bills ... which were supposed to be fiddys .
Clearly a violation .
New Spring got some splainin to do

DB23

Aug 8, 2019, 12:49 AM

Tug, that's the problem! They mixed the fiddies confetti with the 20's confetti and made it really hard to get taped back together. They know the confetti supposed to be all the same bills! The 5* get the fiddies and the rest get the 20's!

Aug 8, 2019, 2:39 AM

Shhhh.

DB23

Aug 7, 2019, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson "violations" ]

The worker that sweep it up are coots, and they use it to wipe their A S S with. It saves them the walk to Burger King and stealing it from the rest rooms!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they have no business telling UNC not to have fake classes.

Aug 8, 2019, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson "violations" ]

Unbelievable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson

Aug 7, 2019, 8:40 PM

Believe it or not it's a front page story on 247. I'm not even gonna link it. It's ridiculous...every school...EVERY SCHOOL has secondary violations EVERY year.

Really starting to feel like Clemson vs. the world. i hope the players are enraged by all the scrutiny and disrespect directed towards them this offseason.

UNLEASH H E LL fellas!!!!

Aug 7, 2019, 8:41 PM

Isn't the NCAA going to investigate the way in which we violated Alabama ?
There was nothing minor about THAT !

DB23

They have that on film.

Aug 7, 2019, 8:44 PM

WE attackd a tired beaten up team LOL

It is a curious phenomenon

Aug 7, 2019, 8:50 PM

Only teams from the SEC get fatigued .
It's similar in ways to how it sometimes only rains on the Notre Dame sideline .

DB23

it’s like when LSU played the tigers -

Aug 7, 2019, 11:53 PM

they got tired & had to rest on the field. ??

Bama's gonna use the

Aug 7, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to They have that on film. ]

ADA for defense! ;) Fatigue is no trivial matter...
And, the emotional scars of a nationally broadcast undressing...the perfidy! (Shout out, Joe21® )

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These get released every year. Every program has them and

Aug 7, 2019, 9:02 PM

the schools just self-report them to the NCAA. If anything I think they are humorous to read.

Aug 8, 2019, 5:37 AM

8 is the lowest # of secondary violations I can ever recall reported-17 is the national ave.

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,192
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic