Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson v. UNCC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Clemson v. UNCC

Sep 19, 2019, 11:08 AM

Was UNCC scheduled as a game outright or is UNCC a "fill-in" after another school wanted to drop us? It seems odd that we would intentionally schedule a school this far down the food chain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson v. UNCC

Sep 19, 2019, 11:11 AM

How far down the food chain is Wofford?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 19, 2019, 11:18 AM

I can understand Wofford...they are relatively close to Clemson and we have played semi-regularly. I looked it up and we first played them in 1896! Also, Wofford is good for its size.Apparently, they have gone to the FCS Playoffs 9 times: 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, & 2018.

UNCC's football program is around 6 years old.

Sep 19, 2019, 11:13 AM

I’m just guessing here but it seems to be a fill in game. The reason I think that is the 1M payday It’s greater than the payout for The Citadel, Wofford, South Carolina State. I remember we payed the middle 6 figures. Just a guess.

During the conference upheaval of five years or so ago

Sep 19, 2019, 11:24 AM

Schedules got whacked. Ole Miss and Oklahoma State were on the future schedules at the time, but when the debate of 9 vs 8 conference games gained traction, those four games were dropped. I believe aTm, fortunately, was one of the match-up replacements, and UNCC got one of the other open spots.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were a couple of home and away match-ups...

Sep 19, 2019, 11:21 AM

on Clemson's schedule that were dropped (Ole Miss, Vandy, and Oklahoma State) largely because of the ACC's plan to go to a nine-game football schedule.

The UNCC game could be a replacement for one of those.

That said, Charlotte, who plays in Conference USA, is as good as if not better than some of the other teams on the schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This far down the food chain? Charlotte is an FBS

Sep 19, 2019, 11:22 AM

school from Conf-USA. They just beat UMass by 35 points and put up 41 points in a loss at App St. Why do you suggest Charlotte is "down the food chain?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 19, 2019, 11:27 AM

I don't believe this is a fill-in.

We regularly play games against Troy, Kent St, and other group of 5 teams.

Our normal schedule is 2 power 5 OOC, 1 group of 5 OOC, and 1 in-state FCS game.

The only real difference between those teams and Charlotte is that they have had teams for longer.

I am guessing we also took a game with Charlotte because of proximity.

Charlotte is not an FCS school.

They will be a much more worthy opponent than Kent St who intentionally ran the play clock down to about 2 seconds and only threw 2 or 3 passes the entire game with no idea except to get their paycheck and go home. I believe the coaches were extremely upset with the Kent St coach after they pulled that stunt.

Sep 19, 2019, 11:38 AM

Ditto to Tigers O's recent post . Quit dissing Charlotte. Every team has to begin somewhere ! How old is Coastal Carolina's football program ???? Charlotte is better than Georgia Tech !!!!

Sep 19, 2019, 11:29 AM

Another chance to beat up on a team from the TarHOLE state.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Sep 19, 2019, 1:34 PM

A great way of looking at it! I hope the Tigers score 70. :)

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic