Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to give away a NEW CAR and EVERY HOME game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Clemson to give away a NEW CAR and EVERY HOME game

Dec 15, 2018, 1:39 AM

is the headline I'd like to see. Imagine that if a fan won a new car at halftime or at the end of 3rd quarter at every home game. Add $1 to the price of each ticket to cover the $80K car. Heck, a local car dealer would probably provide steep discount for publicity. Draw only from the tickets that were scanned at entry. Announce the winning seat number during the game, e.g. "the winning ticket is in the North Stands... in the lower deck... in section T... Row.. " (you get the picture).

Let student tickets get double entries. Must be present to win. :) For hill tickets, you may have to use the bar code.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson to give away a NEW CAR and EVERY HOME game

Dec 15, 2018, 2:12 AM

Price is Right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 10:14 AM

I can see it now - Tammy from Six Mile running down the hill going ap3shit while wearing a shirt that says something about it being her birthday..

that would be fun but....

Dec 15, 2018, 5:10 AM

In the state of SC, you can’t require someone to buy something in order to win something (unless it’s the state lottery or a raffle) and if its a raffle, you can’t require people to be present to win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I miss SC laws

Dec 15, 2018, 8:06 AM

Like the mini bottle thing back in the day.

Now I live in Michigan. I miss the South but we can smoke pot now so it all balances out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neat how they carved out an exception for themselves.

Dec 15, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to that would be fun but.... ]

Love that destitute people can buy food on EBT and then ask for $50 worth of scratch-offs, but if me and my buddies want to play a gambling game of skill we risk getting our door kicked in.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that would be fun but....

Dec 15, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to that would be fun but.... ]

It's not a raffle, it's a give away. There's no line item on the ticket saying you are buying a chance at winning anything. IPTAY is just GIVING away a car (or whatever), and they are going to pick someone from the crowd to give it to. Not illegal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 8:08 AM

Let's keep our culture. If you're a fan, you'll stay until the clock runs out. No need for any car giveaways. Let all the other teams do this? No problem. Other universities are NOT Clemson. What I don't want to see is that our success just makes Clemson culture degrade to other powerhouse program cultures, eg Alabama, Florida State when they return, UGA, etc

Dec 15, 2018, 9:12 AM

Small time thinking. Invite Oprah and everyone could get a car. Of course that probably what sank Pontiac. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to give away a NEW CAR and EVERY HOME game ]

This is your FIRST post?? You waited 14 years to comment and you picked this one? This idea upset you that much that you got the nerve up to actually type something?

1) I don't see this as a threat to our culture
2) This is in no way related to our success
3) This isn't intended to keep people in the stands, it's intended to be fun. There aren't many times when 80,000 people come together in a 350' radius.

Or, how about Tickets to a Bowl or Playoff game?

Dec 15, 2018, 10:42 AM

with- at last home game of season - the winner getting the whole package, to include travel, hotel, meals, extra spending money in the form of $1,000 in 2 dollar bills stamped with the orange Tiger paw! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Dec 15, 2018, 11:12 AM

that had been going on at The Citadel from WWII, till at least the 90's.

sadly, cadets weren't eligible.

it was a fun element.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic