Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecocks the only school to lose key players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Gamecocks the only school to lose key players

Aug 13, 2014, 3:01 PM

and not feel any ill effects from it. Losing Shaw is no big deal and suddenly Clowney is easily replaced. They'll be fine, highly productive and OBS will win games with his play calling mastery. A&M on the other hand lost Johnny football so there is absolutely NO WAY they can win another game like...ever.

SC loses by 7

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecocks the only school to lose key players

Aug 13, 2014, 3:06 PM

Most analysts and fans admit that SC's defense will take a hit this year. I think the optimism on offense is due to so many returning starters. I for one think people are way under-estimating the loss of Shaw. I hate to lose Ellington, but we have so many solid WRs, I think we'll be fine.

My personal opinion is that SC's offense will not be as good as some people think and that SC's defense will not be as bad as some people think. The off-season is a long time and things tend to get exaggerated.

please!!!

Aug 13, 2014, 3:07 PM

that is so freaking reasonable. Don't try to pretend to be a gamecock

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait... that was reasonable

Aug 13, 2014, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks the only school to lose key players ]

Are you a secret double agent Tiger fan impersonating a Gamecock fan on a Tiger Board? :)

I jest because your assessment is about where I believe things will be for your team. Especially if I take my orange glasses off.

I want to believe that your team will go 6-6 this year with losses to A&M, Georgia, Missouri, Auburn, Florida, and Clemson. Then I look at all of those teams and @Auburn is the only one I'm relatively confident that you will lose. @Clemson is probably the second toughest. Missouri you should win. I think you will at worse split A&M-Georgia and could win both at home. Florida is at the swamp, but I don't think they are good. Only risk there is it is later in season. I think 9-3 is probably realistic and 10-2 is more likely than 8-4.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2014, 3:09 PM

The problem seems to be that they return EVERYONE ELSE. Their entire OLine, etc. They are loaded at every position except the few they lost. Unfortunately, sos has built a solid program that can reload easily. Unless we figure out a way to catch up to that, we will have to wait until sos dies or leaves.

That said - TAM will wish they stayed in Texas in 15 days. Gonna be a butt-whooping IMO. USUC by 21+. I wish it weren't so, but it is what it is. USUC will roll into the SECCG this year unless a miracle happens. No competition. Their hardest games are at HOME.

Remember that TAM lost Johnny Football, but also lost Mike Evans - arguably one of the top 2-3 WR's in college last year. He made catches that other WR's only dream about.

The Chicken Curse tells me its Navy all over again !***

Aug 13, 2014, 3:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Catch up to that"? DONE.... and I can hardly wait.***

Aug 13, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks the only school to lose key players ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you may be correct about the A&M game...

Aug 13, 2014, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks the only school to lose key players ]

however, I don't share your picture of the program at SCU. When Florida starts being Florida again and Tennessee starts being Tennessee again, the SEC East will return to normal.

I'm not saying the coots aren't good, just saying they have benefited greatly by the decline of others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ship had sailed

Aug 13, 2014, 3:27 PM

Carolina has been recruiting at a level equal or higher than Ut, fla, and Uga for the past few years. A top five class this year.

Players win - not past history.

nice....

Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM

so Florida and Tennessee have not been struggling? Don't even consider SCar for a moment?

So you would match these Florida and Tennessee teams up against their counterparts from five years ago? Interesting.

Re: nice....

Aug 13, 2014, 7:52 PM

We have definitely benefited from them being down. I really have no idea what UF is doing. A decent coach should win alot of games there. I would have fired Muschamps last year. If he doesn't really improve they have to make a change.

Tenn is a little different. They have no real instate recruiting base. I think they are one of the schools hit hardest by rules designed to create parity. Not sure they will ever consistently be what they were.

Really???

Aug 13, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to The ship had sailed ]

"Carolina has been recruiting at a level equal or higher than Ut, fla, and Uga for the past few years."

ESPN Class Rankings

2014 -

Tenn - 5th
UF - 6th
uga - 9th
usuck - 19th

2013 -

Tenn - 29th
UF - 2nd
uga - 10th
usuck - 18th

2012 -

Tenn - 21st
UF - 4th
uga - 5th
usuck - 16th

2011 -

Tenn - 13th
UF - 12th
uga - 6th
usuck - 15th

2010 -

Tenn - 9th
UF - 1st
uga - 12th
usuck - 23rd

So, the only team they've had a better recruiting class than is tenn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

guy can't honestly assess the situation

Aug 13, 2014, 3:58 PM

he's a Gamecock

Oh I know, it's still fun to point out his stupidity though.***

Aug 13, 2014, 4:00 PM

And I can't wait to see what kind of coot logic he uses to try to make it seem different/better than it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Rivals Rankings

Aug 13, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Really??? ]

2014 -

Tenn - 5
UF - 8
UGA - 7
usuck - 16

2013 -

Tenn - 21
UF - 4
UGA - 12
usuck - 16

2012 -

Tenn - 17
UF - 3
UGA - 12
usuck - 19

2011 -

Tenn - 13
UF - 12
UGA - 5
usuck - 18

2010 -

Tenn - 9
UF - 2
UGA - 15
usuck - 24

To clarify...

Aug 13, 2014, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Really??? ]

I look at recruiting this way-

#1-#5 -elite and not much difference between classes
#6-#11- Great and, again, not much difference
#11-#25- barely a difference between classes and skewed by number of commitments you can take.

So...just looking quick at the numbers...I consider a #13 and #15 class #### near equal.

yet still, before you came in with your recruiting numbers..

Aug 13, 2014, 6:24 PM

The point was made that UF and Florida have been dismal the last few years. Their performance or lack thereof has little to do with SCar has done other than make it easier to win the east, which has happened once.

man I'm good. did i call the coot logic or what?

Aug 13, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to To clarify... ]

Of course that's how you view it now that I've proven your statement to be unfounded and untrue. usucks recruiting is nowhere near the level of uf or uga and even Tennessee beats you 3/5 espn and 4/5 rivals.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Re: The ship had sailed

Aug 13, 2014, 8:11 PM [ in reply to The ship had sailed ]

Actually someone did the math and SCars 2014 class ranks in the 50s because of all the kids that did not qualify. It's going to hurt

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I'll take A & M +21 for any amount you're willing to lose***

Aug 13, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks the only school to lose key players ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Their 2 toughest games are on the road .. Aub & Clemson

Aug 13, 2014, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks the only school to lose key players ]

just sayin

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their 2 toughest games are on the road .. Aub & Clemson

Aug 13, 2014, 9:59 PM

I'd say auburn and florida

I am constantly amazed

Aug 13, 2014, 3:10 PM

by the level of sheer benightedness from he average Capon.

I am convinced that if you took the collective brain power of $CU fans, you would not be able to generate enough energy to light a fireflys a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I am constantly amazed

Aug 13, 2014, 3:31 PM

"I am convinced that if you took the collective brain power of $CU fans, you would not be able to generate enough energy to light a fireflys a$$."

LMAO, that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. I'm stealing that one.

+1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Clowney took the year off remember?

Aug 13, 2014, 3:24 PM

- seriously - the dline stats weren't eye popping last year so it figures to be ok this year in comparison. Replacing shaw is the wild card - his leadership will be missed.

The optimism comes from having a QB with significant game experience, a veteran o-line, and an AA quality back.

And spurrier.

This year is going to be like a fox in the chicken coop...***

Aug 13, 2014, 3:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney took the year off remember?

Aug 13, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Clowney took the year off remember? ]

I think the bigger ? is does Carolina have any quality depth especially on def, because u can expect injuries every year! I feel this will be there downfall!

Aug 13, 2014, 3:29 PM

There's an awkward white elephant in the room of this post.

maybe, but Crump lets coots post here...

Aug 13, 2014, 3:37 PM

regardless of how fat, pale or uncoordinated they are.

So that really was your picture...? J/K.***

Aug 13, 2014, 3:49 PM

why dey gots to be pale???? rassist***

Aug 13, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to maybe, but Crump lets coots post here... ]

Re: why dey gots to be pale???? rassist***

Aug 13, 2014, 4:19 PM

Wasn't Kevin Sumlin Houston's coach when they beat Spurrier's Coots in the Independence Bowl ? A CUSA team beat an SEC team that day ...got outcoached.
Sumlin now has (and I get sick every time I hear it ) SEC speed , power and players .
I wonder if Spurrier remembers that. I maintain that TAMU will win this game , because I just do not have faith in the Coot defense against Kevin Sumlin. Lol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: why dey gots to be pale???? rassist******

Aug 13, 2014, 4:23 PM

Re: why dey gots to be pale???? rassist***

Aug 13, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: why dey gots to be pale???? rassist*** ]

We actually beat Houston in that bowl game. Liberty bowl I think it was. Having said that, Sumlin is a good coach with a great offensive mind.

We're favored against A&M because their atrocious defense from last year isn't going to be better and no Johnny football, also the game is in WB

Clemson the only other school to lose key players

Aug 13, 2014, 4:00 PM

and not feel any ill effects from it. Losing Boyd is no big deal and suddenly Sammy is easily replaced. They'll be fine, highly productive and The Chad will win games with his play calling mastery. UGA on the other hand lost Murray so there is absolutely NO WAY they can win another game like...ever.

The difference is I think Clemson covers easily and is 50/50 to win straight up. But hey, that's my silly coot logic.

BOTH our fan bases are equally over optimistic....shocking, I know!

Touche. Except I haven't seen the optimism about CU

Aug 13, 2014, 4:07 PM

from many media outlets. Otherwise CU would be ranked top 10 like the gamecocks

Re: Clemson the only other school to lose key players

Aug 13, 2014, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Clemson the only other school to lose key players ]

This. Every fan base thinks their replacements are better than the other teams' replacements.

Aug 13, 2014, 5:43 PM

How did this work out for you?

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Tajh-Boyd-projected-6-Clowney-13623

Nice pull***

Aug 13, 2014, 8:54 PM

Better than Clown humper is working out for Houston***

Aug 13, 2014, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks the only school to lose key players ]

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic