Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson should start an online Auto Repair Tech Program.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Clemson should start an online Auto Repair Tech Program.

Jul 18, 2020, 11:14 AM

Clemson's issue seems to be the declining number of graduates that can change their own oil or replace a fuel pump.

Part of me would love for Clemson to just become a full on auto repair tech school, but this is basically impossible.

So my idea is this: Clemson should start professional schools such as auto repair, book keeping, dental hygienist, etc. These could be purely private, meaning that they are not affiliated with the state in any way. They could be located on land adjacent to Clemson-owned land in Clemson, or be located in Greenville.

Clemson could charge private tuition accordingly. This would not only significantly increase Clemson's revenue, but also attract more notoriety as a university. Finally, it would also increase the number of low-earning Clemson graduates, and thus the amount of alumni giving.

I'm sure there would be a lot of legal stuff required to get this done, but I bet it's possible. And it would be a huge win for Clemson University.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FrancisMarion can change her own oil. But I’ve never seen

Jul 18, 2020, 11:16 AM

A pitcher of her diploma.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My specialty is...

Jul 18, 2020, 12:59 PM

Checking oil, not changing it.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I have no doubt you are AllIn on the oil check.

Jul 18, 2020, 1:01 PM

null

Message was edited by: lovingit®

I doubt your dipstick

Jul 20, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to My specialty is... ]

can reach that far.

Re: FrancisMarion can change her own oil. But I’ve never seen

Jul 20, 2020, 7:25 AM [ in reply to FrancisMarion can change her own oil. But I’ve never seen ]

Lighten up Francis

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson should start an online Auto Repair Tech Program.

Jul 18, 2020, 11:39 AM

Jul 18, 2020, 11:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I am glad to see

Jul 18, 2020, 5:56 PM

that you are still making valuable contributions to tnet.

Re: I am glad to see

Jul 19, 2020, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 8:20 PM [ in reply to I am glad to see ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 7:56 AM [ in reply to I am glad to see ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 18, 2020, 12:37 PM

Wifey takes care of her car and my old truck. Are you going to tell her she needs a degree?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 7:28 AM

Yeah....but is she union?????

Jul 18, 2020, 12:44 PM

I believe we have an Academic Heisman winner who majored in oil changes already

Jul 20, 2020, 7:29 AM

Lmao. C.W. still making plays vs.Oh.St.

This is actually only the second...

Jul 18, 2020, 12:52 PM

dumbest idea I’ve seen on this site this week. Congrats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

More like a tie if you ask me.

Jul 18, 2020, 2:30 PM

#cochampions

Who?

Jul 18, 2020, 3:27 PM

Jul 18, 2020, 1:14 PM

You have to come up with a different name such as Doctor of Mobile Technology or Engineering Technology Mobility.

You know have it your way as CEO of Second Shifting Deepfrys Master Degree ?? at Decoots University.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 18, 2020, 1:24 PM

Just go here, I can tell you from personal experience, this is a great school, and when you finish, you can fix or change anything you want to on your vehicle....

https://www.uti.edu/locations/arizona/avondale

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 4:37 PM

finally - a poast that has nothing to do with the other 60% of facebook phags of the tnets talking about their moronic belief systems (race, masks, politics)

i wood like to add “wood working” balm. i like to work with wood. i’m working with (a) wood right now

that’s what she said

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 18, 2020, 4:51 PM

Why not? Auto mechanics in many, many cases make a lot more than a lot of those degree holders. Plus they are not in debt up to their eyeballs. My little 21 month tech cert allowed me to earn a VERY good living. All for $250 per semester too, laughing all da way to da bank Balm.

Jul 18, 2020, 4:57 PM

Snap, i was wrong upon pondering it on cost. That was per 3 semesters. $75 per semester and with the fees it came to $250 per year.

Jul 18, 2020, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson should start an online Auto Repair Tech Program. ]

Turning wrenches for a dealership when I was a auto tech, a really good year was around $60K, a slow year, $45-50 K a year. When I was doing it up until 1990, that was a decent paycheck, plus I had a little shop at my house where I did side jobs for people that couldn't afford Dealership labor rates, but at home I made the same amount an hour as I did in the Dealership, but I couldn't do the jobs that you had to have a lift to do, not laying on your back to do them. At home I just did brake jobs, tune ups, transmission services, and oil changes, but I had more work doing that than I had time to do them, plus I made a few bucks from the parts it took to do the jobs that I done. Working at the Dealership, and the side jobs at home, I could make $70K a year with $20-25K of that was tax free....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 9:07 PM

Let’s hope that the statute of limitations is up .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 6:37 AM

No statute of limitations on tax evasion

Jul 20, 2020, 11:15 AM

Tax evasion, man you know I'm just kidding, I don't even own a lug wrench ??;)

Jul 20, 2020, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson should start an online Auto Repair Tech Program. ]

Jul 20, 2020, 9:22 AM

We must be very careful who we name the College of Auto Mechanical Engineering program and building after. We certainly don't need to select names that we will be forced, sorry, persuaded to cave in to change some years down the road.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic