Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson responds to soccer lawsuit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Clemson responds to soccer lawsuit

Sep 10, 2014, 11:35 AM

“Clemson University strongly disagrees with the characterization of events in this lawsuit, and looks forward to vigorously defending this case on its facts, rather than these allegations. The university will not comment further on this pending litigation.”

Here is the lawsuit if you have not read it:
http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2014-08-14-Summons-and-Complaint-1.pdf

Unfortunately this has gone national. I have seen it on USA Today and Fox Sports. Even if Clemson wins the lawsuit no doubt some changes will need to be made.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson responds to soccer lawsuit

Sep 10, 2014, 11:54 AM

They must be pretty confident that the evidence is on the University's side.
I would think they would at least put out a statement on hazing. If this girl was in fact injured in the hazing event then it's going to be difficult to avoid some level of liability.

This is going to be expensive.

Sep 10, 2014, 11:58 AM

This is what happens when you get a bunch of folks having fun and games, then someone is seriously injured. She will win this lawsuit. Wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Young is terminated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What FACTS are you basing her winning? That is just

Sep 10, 2014, 12:03 PM

nonsense to say. There are always two sides to the story.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is too detailed to not have some truth to it.

Sep 10, 2014, 12:25 PM

I'd like to think it's greedy lawyers, but I don't think it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plaintiffs attorneys get paid to make it seem that way.***

Sep 10, 2014, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The USC womens soccer lawsuit was detailed too

Sep 10, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to This is too detailed to not have some truth to it. ]

and it was horseshite (see below). Accepting a Complaint as factual is foolish. It's a sales pitch. I'm not saying it isn't true. I'm just saying wait and see what comes out in the form of actual evidence.

Complaint: http://cbscharlotte.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/16315137828.pdf

Order Dismissing Case: http://www.nacua.org/documents/DeCecco_v_USouthCarolina.pdf

Message was edited by: SugarBowlSon®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if everything is true, then sure, some heads will roll but

Sep 10, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to This is going to be expensive. ]

these are allegations and anyone can make those--- the truth is usually somewhere in the middle -- a couple of things stood out to me-

1)the allegations against the AD's office said they didn't do anything and finally had the committee look into things. Well the alleged incident occurred on 8/18, and the committee took it up less than 2 weeks later--- it would have taken at least that long for the AD's office to review internally, talk to everyone individually, etc. so acting like they ignored and weren't going to go deeper,sounds like a huge reach
2) where were the parents pushing this-- other than the phone call the night of, there is no mention. I'm not a helicopter parent but if something like this happened to my kid the first month of college then I'm in the coaches, AD, President and CPD offices at the first sign of a cover up-- however high it needs to be taken. Heck, I'm on the phone with the AD as soon as the alleged harrassing/demeaning calls start-- that's not coaching. If a coach evaluates someone that was offered by a previous staff and doesn't believe they fit, then the coach has a duty to be honest without degrading or threatening. If the student still shows up, I expect the University and coach to stand behind the offer and treat them no different than any other player recruited or a walk-on

Re: if everything is true, then sure, some heads will roll but

Sep 10, 2014, 12:38 PM

There are two sides to every story. I do not know the coaches' side of the story.

But......This sounds terrible and has the ring of truth to me.

I'd guess it will be settled out of court at great cost and that the coaches will lose their jobs. If the story is even barely true, the coaches need to lose their jobs.

^^^ Gets it ^^^***

Sep 10, 2014, 12:40 PM

Re: if everything is true, then sure, some heads will roll but

Sep 10, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: if everything is true, then sure, some heads will roll but ]

I dont think you understand what a lawyers job is to do.

If it didnt sound terrible then the lawyer sucks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

not only the coaches

Sep 10, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: if everything is true, then sure, some heads will roll but ]

some administration will lose their jobs as well

While I agree that this looks bad and needs to seriously

Sep 10, 2014, 12:00 PM

be addressed. If not for Title IX it wouldn't really matter to me if the program was ended. Hazing goes on everywhere (for some reason) but if the administration knows and does nothing, then we have this problem. If the allegations are true, then there's some 'splainin to do, but right now they're just allegations.

However, I'm curious why you are pushing this story so hard on the board? Seriously. Are you involved? Soccer fan? What gives?

we're waiting on your answer.......***

Sep 10, 2014, 12:20 PM

Maybe because this is a Clemson sports board

Sep 10, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to While I agree that this looks bad and needs to seriously ]

and the story has to do with one of the Clemson sports teams?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe because this is a Clemson sports board

Sep 10, 2014, 3:35 PM

please do not post anything negative like this. most here think if you say it is a lie it will go away. if anything is negative like this incident please do not post about it. we need to only post positive things, after all this incident needs to kept quiet. there will be a settlement and all will be good. one or two people may have to go but all will be ok! how in the world did fitz news break this story before any of OUR sites or reporters like david hood or larry Williams? mickey, roy, quak, or walt has not mentioned anything. maybe after all this is just another lie by fitz news!

Re: While I agree that this looks bad and needs to seriously

Sep 10, 2014, 1:34 PM [ in reply to While I agree that this looks bad and needs to seriously ]

Glad he brought it to light.

Would many of the folks here ever have read this or know about it if not for Tigernet?

As a father of two girls (5 yr old and 16 mos), I take great offense to the allegations and will be pissed if this comes out to be true.

What do I as a father want..
- my children to be safe
- my children to have opportunities
- my children to pursue their goals
- my children (girls in this case) to be treated with respect by men and people in authority
- my children to have as equal an opportunity to train, test, challenge and compete as others of the opposite gender
- my children to not be discrmiinated against because of gender, religion, opinion, choice, orientation, and/or beliefs

The Prosecution has layed out very detailed accounts. Some aspects will be hard to "prove" and may become a he said/she said situation. But there are a lot of folks involved and that makes me think it will be hard to "disprove" these alegations.

My opinion is admins know hazing may be going on, but it is best to remain neutrally ignorant. Hazing may go on everywhere. But we can all agree when the acts and behaviors jeopardize the long term safety and well-being of others, and may include very risky behavior and serious consequences... the hazing has crossed the line.

The defense of hazing should never be "Boys will be boys" even if it is women doing the hazing.

Re: While I agree that this looks bad and needs to seriously

Sep 10, 2014, 1:51 PM [ in reply to While I agree that this looks bad and needs to seriously ]

I do like soccer, but I thought people would like to know about the case. I think anytime Clemson's former AD , current asst AD and current coaches are being sued it is worth at least a few posts.

OK. It just seemed a little obsessive, creating 5 topics

Sep 10, 2014, 2:31 PM

in 2 days about the same thing...carry on.

And yes, people do want to know about it. However, anything coming from Fits, true or not, will be ignored most of the time.

The story was in the G'ville News today, so I think more people will take it seriously now.

I am relieved...

Sep 10, 2014, 12:01 PM

I thought the soccer team may have been infiltrated with that Jesus stuff

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So hard to prove traumatic brain injury in cases like this

Sep 10, 2014, 12:07 PM

Nevertheless, this is bad for the University. A shame.

I think the only "job" in jeopardy would be the asst. coach

Sep 10, 2014, 12:11 PM

who "allegedly" just sent her to her room after incident. No way they can prove Administration condones hazing. They have thrown every name they can think of against the wall hoping one sticks. Surprised president Barker wasn't named as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also can't prove LOC and TBI.

Sep 10, 2014, 12:18 PM

They also can't prove LOC and TBI. Traumatic Brain Injury (aka closed head wound), is something that Clemson will hit hard with their own medical experts and IMEs.

The attorneys are grasping at all that they can. It will probably settle out with no one being allowed to discuss it and then lots of internal pressure will be applied to the Women's Soccer program.

Re: They also can't prove LOC and TBI.

Sep 10, 2014, 1:38 PM

Agree with the difficult point of trying to prove traumatic brain injury. The hardest part will be to prove the phone calls and "abuse" by the coach.

But isn't that minor when compared to what if this actually occurred up until the point she called his parents?

That to me is the biggest aspect about this.

It may have happened.

Re: They also can't prove LOC and TBI.

Sep 10, 2014, 1:39 PM

his parents - should be her parents

Head Coach would be in jeopardy as well***

Sep 10, 2014, 3:51 PM [ in reply to I think the only "job" in jeopardy would be the asst. coach ]

Sep 10, 2014, 12:20 PM

This guy loves sending page clicks to bull #### sties like fitnews.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 10, 2014, 12:42 PM

I would hope the University will come clean about this. Having an attitude of this not being true does not help. Look at FSU. Bad things will happen but you try to cover up things, it makes 10 times worse.

Look at Penn St, they did not try to cover it and now they are coming out better for it.

This hazing crap needs to STOP !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey cootfan, why don't you leave like you said you would....

Sep 10, 2014, 12:44 PM

How do you know the university is covering something up?

I for one, reserve judgement until each side of the story is shared.

Just proves to me that you aren't a true Clemson man.

If the lawsuit is true, then someone needs to be held responsible and I trust that whatever actions need to be taken by the University will be taken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 10, 2014, 12:46 PM

I would hope the University will come clean about this. Having an attitude of this not being true does not help. Look at FSU. Bad things will happen if you try to cover up things, it makes it 10 times worse.

Look at Penn St, they did not try to cover it and now they are coming out better for it.

This hazing crap needs to STOP !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2014, 1:48 PM

What are you talkkng about? Penn St did try to cover it up for about 10 years. That's why pretty much any one remotely associated with the incident no longer has a place at penn st.

Sep 10, 2014, 1:11 PM

The girl is listed on Clemson's dean's list both semesters of 2013, majoring in bioengineering. Brain damage can't be too bad.

Fraternities beware

Sep 10, 2014, 1:47 PM

Whenever something wrong happens with alcohol or hazing Fraternities gets punished as they are most identifiable group partaking in said activities.

Regardless of who is right...

Sep 10, 2014, 3:11 PM

Maybe Clemson will actually seriously start combating hazing for once.

Which is a stupid, stupid practice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Does it bother anyone that

Sep 10, 2014, 4:07 PM

The young lady is suing 14 of her teammates?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does it bother anyone that

Sep 10, 2014, 6:42 PM

who do you think made her do it? she says it was her team mates! I saw on the news tonight that the university was not being sued, only individuals.

al 144?***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:21 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic