Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson recruiting and coaching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,727

Clemson recruiting and coaching

Nov 3, 2019, 8:51 AM

Clemson already has a commitment from 8 of the top 48 players in ESPN 300 plus Burch at number five and Flowe at number nine are reasonable possibilities to come to Clemson.

That means 40% of the top 10 players, 30% of the top twenty players, and 20% of the top 48 players and 10% of the top 150 players are/may be coming to Clemson.

Championships are decided when your best players play better than the other teams best players like in last year's national championship game. Justin Ross played lights out better than any one of the high star recruits in the Alabama secondary.

Getting such a high percentage of the elite players top loaded with the very highest ranked players portends very well and leaves room for a few performance busts.

Add to that recruiting a great culture and a great coaching staff for player development and one can envision a long run of CFP appearances - presently at 4 and counting.

Notably, Florida State is absent from the elite players and doesn't even show up until number 87. Even if Willie Taggart can coach, he cannot win with that great a disparity in players. Thus our historical biggest threat to dominance is in for a long run of mediocrity based upon recruiting, current culture and coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson recruiting and coaching

Nov 3, 2019, 8:53 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2020/order/true

Nov 3, 2019, 9:03 AM

We're going to be alright for at least another year , is that what you're saying ?

I certainly hope so ... I only have two more payments left on my Clemson Cheese Club initiation fees . The exclusivity of the club is what ultimately forced my hand into my wallet .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 3, 2019, 9:14 AM

Yes. We are going to be alright. Alright like Bobby Bowden circa 1990, bear Bryant circa 1970. That kind of all right.

Nov 3, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson recruiting and coaching ]

Why would you want to belong to any club that would accept you as a member?

Nov 3, 2019, 9:22 AM

I watched some of the Fla. St. game. I believe he has some players that just aren't coachable. They just to want to do their own thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 9:55 AM

I saw some of the Fla St game as well. Uncoachable and unwatchable come to mind. #33 Amari Gainer is a player for them on the edge and # 21 on the DL. Other than that players look lost, always out of position and they just don’t make plays on O or D. Fla St is going to be on the wrong end of blow outs every time they play elite teams.

Nov 3, 2019, 11:47 AM

Gainer is one if Taggerts recruits. If Taggert lasts long enough, he'll finally get rid of Jimbo's hot mess he left.

I have a feeling though, Taggert is just cleaning up the player mess for the next coach.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,727
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic