Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson orange spray paint?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Clemson orange spray paint?

Aug 11, 2019, 11:47 AM

I bought a new purple & white cooler, and a Tiger Paw stencil. I haven't looked for orange paint yet, but I see tons of painted stuff on here. What's the best, commonly available, orange spray paint suitable for a plastic cooler?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson orange spray paint?

Aug 11, 2019, 11:52 AM

Krylon makes an orange spray paint for plastic I believe. Lowe’s, Home Depot and others have it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 12:26 PM

Shop local if you can! Go to your local Ace hardware or similar, ask the folks there, they know what they're talking about.

The commenter above is right, Krylon does make a type just for plastic, but it works about the same as Rustoleum 2X, which bonds well to plastic and comes in a few more colors. Either will work well on a cooler - the biggest factor will be application. Make sure to apply many, many light coats, with 20-40 minutes in between each. It will pop, be even, and last a long time.

They can make you a Clemson Ornage spray can at the

Aug 11, 2019, 12:53 PM

Home Depot. They have the licensed colors and can create a spray paint can. It costs a little more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Odd post to get a TD on.***

Aug 11, 2019, 7:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Once a while back the owner of the Home Depot said...

Aug 11, 2019, 8:01 PM

Trump without saying racist. Do the math.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 3:32 PM

Sherwin Williams - Obstinate Orange. Did not ask about the purple but call any SW in Clemson or Greenville and they can tell you. As for spray paint, another poster mentioned Rustoleum. They do have an orange but be prepared. If you think you need one can, buy 2 or 3. One can will stop spraying before you're half through.

IF you want any paint to stay on plastic you...

Aug 11, 2019, 7:59 PM

should cruise Ebay and Amazon for a can of no sand by Sem. To prep plastic for paint I scrub it with a green scotchbrite using a mixture of ammonia and ivory liquid dish detergent. Not the dishwasher stuff the sink stuff.

About any flexible paint will do but my preference is SEM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic