Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson needs to leave the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Clemson needs to leave the ACC

Oct 10, 2018, 4:43 PM

and become an independent.

That way we can make our own schedule and make sure it is strong enough that we don't have to worry about getting left out of playoffs because of a weak ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson needs to leave the ACC

Oct 10, 2018, 4:45 PM

Then we wouldn't have the conference championship to get in with. Just like ND won't make it over us once we have a conference championship neither.

FWIW, I'm not sure the Coastal rep will help much this year

Oct 10, 2018, 4:58 PM

Miami looks like the heavy favorite to win the Coastal, but the Canes are always unreliable and tend to lose a couple games they shouldn't. Should Miami win out, they'll be top 10. But I expect they'll lose at least one and would enter the ACCCG ranked around 13-17th. Not bad, but not exactly something to set Clemson apart.

Should the Hokies make it, they'll be 9-2 at best (didn't get to play ECU) and unlikely to be ranked significantly higher than 18 or so.

And these are best case scenarios. Should Miami lose to VT and another random ACC team and then VT lose to Pittsburgh and Boston College (as an example), then you're looking at an unranked 7-4 VT as the opponent in the ACCCG. Not exactly going to move the needle.

That said, I think for Clemson, the path to the playoffs is clear.... Win out, Clemson will be in. Lose a game and the Tigers will likely have to settle for a NY6 bid. Clemson IMO is the only legitimate top 15 team in the league (though I think Clemson is playoff worthy).

Re: FWIW, I'm not sure the Coastal rep will help much this year

Oct 10, 2018, 5:17 PM

Yea thanks a lot for losing to Old Dominion.

Smh...

It still boggles my mind that we lost that game...

Oct 10, 2018, 5:22 PM

Then again, playing those guys in Norfolk is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing says excitement like playing in what is essentially a high school stadium against an 0-3 CUSA team.

But even without that loss, expectations weren't high for VT this year. The only reason the Hokies are even in the race for the Coastal is because the Coastal is so bad. In the Atlantic, the Hokies would be lucky to finish 5-3 this year (depending on who we would also play from the Coastal). We're extremely young and still trying to recover from the last couple years of Beamer's recruiting (or lack thereof).

Re: It still boggles my mind that we lost that game...

Oct 10, 2018, 5:36 PM

.... yes, VTECHFAN ! I was rewatching my dvr of the game and noticed that YOU missed a LOT of assignments - don’t whine about playing both ways, either - AND there were at least three routes you ran wrong which would have been certain TDs.... that loss was on you personally, and then you have the nerve to come on here and give your opinion about the ACC... you looser!

smh

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Damm, that wasn't nice!!***

Oct 10, 2018, 6:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I know you're joking around...

Oct 10, 2018, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: It still boggles my mind that we lost that game... ]

I actually was part of the program (in an Equipment Manager role) for a few years. So I do have more claim to saying "we" than the average fan.

Water sucks

Oct 11, 2018, 2:47 AM

Hth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Cmon we are better than that

Oct 11, 2018, 4:58 AM [ in reply to Re: It still boggles my mind that we lost that game... ]

Don’t attack a visitor sharing his thoughts on a civil manner

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It still boggles my mind that we lost that game...

Oct 11, 2018, 2:40 AM [ in reply to It still boggles my mind that we lost that game... ]

I do like when power 5 teams go on the road to a opponent with smaller enrollment or program. I am a tiger but I attended app state and the Miami @ app game was awesome even though a L.

VT those are some nice sentiments and I couldn't agree more! I think of

Oct 11, 2018, 3:49 AM [ in reply to FWIW, I'm not sure the Coastal rep will help much this year ]

all the Big East schools that made the switch to the ACC VT brought the best football program long-term and certainly the best fans. It costs Miami votes imo in that they have not exactly been a program that represents a good conference like the ACC with some of their shenanigans.
VT has the best fans imo and every time I've been to Blacksburg I have been treated extraordinarily well even the time I was in the student section with a Clemson buddy who was there for graduate school.
I like the "key play" thing y'all do but not crazy about the hokey pokey tbh.
Good luck the rest of the way and we could end up seeing you in Charlotte still!
Go Tigers! But in terms of the Coastal go Hokies!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seth, you realize he is a coot troll don't you?***

Oct 11, 2018, 2:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson needs to leave the ACC ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Oct 10, 2018, 4:46 PM

No worries, win and we're in,not left out. Silly Coot,your trolling needs ######.

Where do you come up with this stupid $#!t?.....***

Oct 10, 2018, 4:47 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where do you come up with this stupid $#!t?.....***

Oct 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

CU needs to stop sharing CFP money with the rest of the ACC. Maybe that will motivate some people to up their game. Perhaps require 7 wins to get in the money at the end of the year?

SCAR left the ACC awhile ago..where ya been?***

Oct 10, 2018, 4:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

And I ask again... do you ever get tired of trolling?***

Oct 10, 2018, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson needs to leave the ACC***

Oct 10, 2018, 4:58 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson needs to leave the ACC***

Oct 10, 2018, 5:55 PM

We’re going to the big 12

Haha, only uninformed fans like you worry about such nonsense.***

Oct 10, 2018, 5:00 PM

Oct 10, 2018, 5:01 PM

Sure Sherlock, go ahead and pay the 50 mills it will cost to leave and once you leave you will probably be left out of the CFP unless you do go undefeated.
Right now, only Notre Dame has that kind of clout.
And it's not because they are good, but because of their reputation, and tradition that they can go solo.

Oct 10, 2018, 5:04 PM

But! The in-state rival is an SEC team....win that game and it would count more so than any ACC champion opponent.

The committee would see that game and weigh it heavily. A 5-6 SEC team is like a 12-0 ACC team (that's what I've been told)

Oct 10, 2018, 5:56 PM

I’ve been saying it for awhile.. we don’t need to leave the ACC. The ACC needs to be the 1st conference to have 16 Teams and play 10 conference games and 2 out of conference games a year! Drop Wake Forest(sorry they suck) Add Notre Dame for all sports or kick them to the curb and find someone else and add UCF and West Virginia.

Oct 11, 2018, 2:42 AM

All conferences need to be realigned like a draft!

Oct 10, 2018, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson needs to leave the ACC ]

I’ve been saying it for awhile.. we don’t need to leave the ACC. The ACC needs to be the 1st conference to have 16 Teams and play 10 conference games and 2 out of conference games a year! Drop Wake Forest(sorry they suck) Add Notre Dame for all sports or kick them to the curb and find someone else and add UCF and West Virginia.

Oct 10, 2018, 5:07 PM

Sorry but that is an ignorant comment from a smart poster.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Ask scar how that worked out

Oct 10, 2018, 5:18 PM

Becoming an Independent did nothing for them except lower their admission requirements. Joining the SEC gave them a conference they can and do cheer for every game. SEC SEC.....their joining did nothing for the prestige of the SEC, nothing.

Oct 10, 2018, 5:41 PM

You should leave the Tigernets .
Your 63% pulse apropos .

DB23

Oct 10, 2018, 5:45 PM

Clemson has played and beat 2 SEC teams in the regular season for several years running Resume speaks for itself. And most years Florida State is up. Just beat NC State baby

So then your gamecocks can join the ACC?

Oct 10, 2018, 5:47 PM

I don't think so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 5:50 PM

When I opened this thread I had no idea I was heading straight for the twilight zone.

Coots and Hokies talking about Daddy...

Go figure.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 5:53 PM

You need to leave tnet coot boy

This again? Independent?

Oct 10, 2018, 5:58 PM

Remember when University of Stupid Coots went independent? Saying they were like Notre Dame? Didn't work out well.
We don't have NBC in our back pocket. Them not being a member of ACC in football hurts them. No Conference Championship. If we go undefeated and they are undefeated. You have to take us.

Oct 10, 2018, 6:04 PM

Actually Syracuse and BC need to leave so we can all understand that “pop” and “Coke” are not the same thing.

Need to pick up UCF and maybe an SEC defector like UGA

GO TIGERS

That's a bad idea

Oct 10, 2018, 6:12 PM

Clemson has made the playoffs 3 straight years and this year looks to be four. FSU was successful in a worse league when they only took two teams. We have it made.

NO. ACC needs to Add UCF and Temple!

Oct 10, 2018, 6:24 PM

You could add Orlando and Philadelphia TV market to the ACC if you added both these schools. Plus, their football teams have both been pretty good of late. Leaving the ACC would be a terrible idea!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NO. ACC needs to Add UCF and Temple!

Oct 11, 2018, 9:55 AM

Lol.... nope. FSU/Miami already gives us Florida. Plus the directional Florica schools are always ephemeral and they can go 12-0 to 0-12 faster than than North Carolina... if UNCheat could go 12-0 rather cap out around 9-4.

Philly only follow the Eagles. Pitt kinda covers the rest but Duke is the Delaware Valley/NY TV market.

I personally would like to add a Maryland school back to the Conference and Navy would be both an upgrade to Maryland Benedict Turdles as well as an all-around honorable school. I think we are slumming too much with Louisville, got caught sleeping around and are now having to get tested for the Gonaherasyphiaids. Get the midshipmen, that national brand, some honor back and it still lets the traditional powers win on Saturday. Plus, I want GT to get knee-capped regularly.

Oct 10, 2018, 6:29 PM

JHOP threads are the gifts that keep on giving on Tigernet.

Oct 10, 2018, 6:42 PM

JHOP threads are the turds that keep on giving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 10, 2018, 7:52 PM

Ain't that some sh!t!! Kind of stinks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 7:58 PM

That's the best way to get left out. If we are undefeated and get left out, then we can worry about strengthing schedule.
Our schedule this year is fine. GSU and A&M will be good wins. The Coots will be a SEC win.

Oct 10, 2018, 8:13 PM

We have already left the ACC ------- we have left them behind as we go merrily on our way.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would never survive as an independent. Our AD would be broke

Oct 10, 2018, 8:51 PM

in no time.

Re: We would never survive as an independent. Our AD would be broke

Oct 11, 2018, 2:46 AM

We aren’t leaving. Clemson is a top public university in academics and also the acc might be bad here and there in football but look at other sports as well. Basketball, Baseball just to name a few.

Re: Siriusly.......where the hayell do you come up with this

Oct 11, 2018, 9:32 AM

crap?

Screw Calford.

Oct 11, 2018, 9:45 AM

Whatever South Carolina thinks is a good idea...you know is the WRONG idea!

Clemson is the ACC (Another Clemson Championship)

Personally, I would love to see 4 undefeated Conference champs (uggg, that means WVU) and an undefeated ND that gets left out. Send a message to ND that unless you want to join, play Clemson for the title and a 4-spot (or whomever if they go to another conference), get off the pot.

Oct 11, 2018, 9:57 AM

I dont ever see Clemson leaving the ACC... IF it ever did... it would be to go to the SEC... not independent. Without the conference TV deal dollars, our revenue would suffer. ND gets a sweet TV deal from NBC which gives them that freedom but I think even those days are numbered are college football continues to get more organized.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic