Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson just signed the nation's #1 recruiting class AGAIN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,232

Clemson just signed the nation's #1 recruiting class AGAIN

Feb 6, 2019, 8:44 PM

They will prove their #1 status on the field as have our recent #1 recruiting classes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson just signed the nation's #1 recruiting class AGAIN

Feb 6, 2019, 8:47 PM

The Final Scoreboard means the most!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 8:47 PM

Is it the recruiting OR is it the player development from excellent coaching? I’d say, a lot of both

Feb 6, 2019, 8:49 PM

It is both, but given that these coaches have identified THESE players as the ones they want to develop, then I consider this the #1 class.

Feb 6, 2019, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson just signed the nation's #1 recruiting class AGAIN ]

It's the highly selective recruiting and the highly regarded coaching staff that turns every Tiger recruit into a 5***** player and person.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 8:56 PM

You said it Sarge. That’s a tough combination of skill that you find in the coaching staff.

There is no doubt in my mind that we do one thing better

Feb 6, 2019, 9:04 PM

than anybody: Get the RIGHT players. We have never had a #1 or #2 class, have we? We get our share of 4 and 4 star players for sure, but I honestly don't believe Dabo and his staff pay any attention to "stars" and such. They just do a better job evaluating, and then developing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nailed It! Tigers don't Carpet bomb. We Precision Strike.

Feb 6, 2019, 9:17 PM

Smiling Tiger® Exactly!

The Tigers coaching staff don't throw a bunch of offers out; pick the best of the guys who want to come; then cast everyone else aside( should be a hint to recruits really). No. Instead; fewer offers are given. Many of the guys on Georgia and Alabama "were not even offered by Clemson"! Not because they can't play. But, because they perhaps would not fit the culture!

Family over factory! You give me the 4 star or 3 star kid who will work his back side off "and go to class"! I will give you a bunch of wins! Georgia, Bamer, LSU, 0 31 0 st, S. Cal, etc. can win the recruiting war every year! I imagine we steer clear of the "high maintenance 5 star kid" in favor of a kid who isn't going to come to campus feeling "entitled"!

Heck, I remember seeing Oregon's recruiting class when Chip Kelly was there and blowing everybody out and they were down in the 20's. It got better as they won and as "Nike" kept providing them with the flashy uniforms; but they were kicking people's back sides with 20th something ranked classes for a few years under chip! 2 and 3 star guys who didn't fit in at Southern Cal, UCLA or Stanford! Kind of how Boise State did. Remember them?
They were taking everybody's "looked over recruit" and whipping them with them!

The moral of the story being - it's not about how many stars the kid has coming in; it's how many he has by the time he is ready to contribute!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 9:16 PM

You got that right!

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,232
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic