Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is seriously overrated right now. Chad must fix the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Clemson is seriously overrated right now. Chad must fix the

Oct 27, 2013, 1:59 PM

Offense quickly. We have a poor running game and a mediocre OL.
I don't know how he will fix it, but he needs to get it done ASAP. We are relying too much on Boyd and Sammy. When opponents take them out of the mix we are done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is seriously overrated right now. Chad must fix the

Oct 27, 2013, 2:04 PM

I honestly think that a teams play is a reflection of the coach(es). I think that Tajh is a reflection of CM. If CM is in sync with playcalling, then Tajh is magical and downright good; When we see Tajh press, CM is pressing with his playcalling. He, CM, has to understand that in every game, we won't be up all of the time. Stick with your game plan, run the ball when it's working; doing this instills confidence to your QB, who is the leader of the offense/team, and therefore they don't panic...just my thoughts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if our o-line is fixable or not, but I sure

Oct 27, 2013, 2:08 PM

hope it is within a month.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It needs to be fixed before U$uC game.

Oct 27, 2013, 2:11 PM

We have time. But it better be fixed before U$uC game.

Re: It needs to be fixed before U$uC game.

Oct 27, 2013, 2:14 PM

I'm worried, we haven't played well on the line in several games. That wont hurt us against weak teams but may cause some problems with a team with a good D-line.

We don't have a 'power' running game but not a 'poor' one

Oct 27, 2013, 2:17 PM

either. If our line would just open up enough airspace for a gnat, our running game would look much better, at least in numbers. As it is we still got 260+ yards yesterday by running up against a wall of 8 or 9 of ours and theirs. Repeatedly.

If Morris can figure out the right player combination or how to make some of them smarter and more passionate, I think we'd have a good balance in running. That may be why he forced it yesterday. He's got tons-o-tape for the linemen to suffer through this week. Gotta make 'em learn somehow.

While we may see incremental imrovement in our OL and RBs

Oct 27, 2013, 2:21 PM

the key to our success will be to run Boyd as little as possible while still winning to keep him healthy, because he's going to have to run it a lot to beat the gamecocks.

For the reasons you mentioned, it's who we are and what we have to do to win. I don't think we can totally solve those problems this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While we may see incremental imrovement in our OL and RBs

Oct 27, 2013, 2:40 PM

would spreading the OL out help provide more gaps to run in and slow down the pressure of the defensive ends?

I don't know the answer to that one.***

Oct 27, 2013, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No our line doesn't have the quickness IMO***

Oct 27, 2013, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: While we may see incremental imrovement in our OL and RBs ]

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

something is different about this offense unit

Oct 27, 2013, 2:37 PM

than the one that opened the season against UGA. They rattled UGA veteran OL and QB.

Something needs to be fixed quickly and FSU is not as good as they appeared. We have helped them some how by not playing our best ball.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Our offensive unit rattled UGA's OL and QB?***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most teams depend on something or other to win ... for us

Oct 27, 2013, 3:07 PM

right now it's Tajh and Sammy.

For SCAR is seems to be Connor Shaw.

Looks as if Georgia was depending pretty heavily on Gurley.

Clemson is not tremendously deep (in spite of the annoying slogan) and we do need for Tajh and Sammy to be playing well.

With a few notable exceptions, almost all college football teams rely on a player of a couple of players to win and when they are taken away, those teams are much less ineffective.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is seriously overrated right now. Chad must fix the

Oct 27, 2013, 3:55 PM

After 7 games, if it hasn't been fixed yet, how do they. Every game has seen sloppy play on both sides of the ball and yes our defense can be outstanding against lesser opponents.

One way is to play more of the freshmen and RS guys

Oct 27, 2013, 4:11 PM

for the next game for more snaps. Make the more seasoned guys fight for their jobs again. It may not be perfect but they need to make the guys step up their level of playing for sure.

Re: One way is to play more of the freshmen and RS guys

Oct 27, 2013, 4:38 PM

Kind of late to burn a redshirt. Just my opinion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over rated gets thrown around a lot. Outside of the top 3

Oct 27, 2013, 4:12 PM

there are about 10 - 20 teams that could argue they are number 4 and 5.

We would be in that 10-20 team mix.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic