Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson has never scored less than 37 points in a game this season... except...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Clemson has never scored less than 37 points in a game this season... except...

Dec 27, 2012, 11:39 PM

Against the two SEC teams they faced this year. Clemson scored 26 and 17 against Auburn and South Carolina, respectively.

Other than a bad game against Ole Miss, LSU hasn't given up more than 22 points in a game all season. That includes a game against the highest-scoring team in the country, Texas A&M, in College Station, where LSU held them to 19 points.

I don't see how Clemson overcomes a defense like that when they have been slowed down immensely by other SEC defenses that are inferior to LSU's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats why they play the games. Don't worry Clemson wins!***

Dec 27, 2012, 11:47 PM

Re: Thats why they play the games. Don't worry Clemson wins!***

Dec 28, 2012, 12:07 AM

Good luck witah that prediction.

good lowered...

Dec 28, 2012, 12:14 AM

why don't you reply to every post in this thread with some dumb negative comment?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on brother! ***

Dec 28, 2012, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Thats why they play the games. Don't worry Clemson wins!*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's not forget that in the game against Auburn...

Dec 27, 2012, 11:56 PM

Clemson had over 500 yards of offense and 300 yards of rushing. That game shouldn't have been as close as it was, and there was hardly a "SEC defense" effect (whatever that is). LSU, on the other hand, was pretty much beaten by Ole Miss. They had to score 21 in the 4th quarter to win by 6, and they were outgained through the air and on the ground.

You'd also have to note that FSU's defense was among the top 5 in the country this year, and Clemson was able to score on them.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: let's not forget that in the game against Auburn...

Dec 28, 2012, 12:00 AM

FSU's defense was successful only because it played ACC opponents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like Clemson, NC State, GT, etc?

Dec 28, 2012, 12:07 AM

You guys act like not only were there no good teams in the ACC, there weren't even good units. FSU's defense would've been in the top 10 no matter what league they were in, just like Clemson's offense would've been top 10 no matter what league they were in.

Re: like Clemson, NC State, GT, etc?

Dec 28, 2012, 12:10 AM

Re: Fla.State's defense, tell that to Florida.

which still didn't gain 400 yards on them

Dec 28, 2012, 12:14 AM

even though they held the ball for 13 minutes longer and FSU turned it over 5 times. As I said, FSU's problems all came from their offense after they lost Thompson.

Re: let's not forget that in the game against Auburn...

Dec 28, 2012, 12:09 AM [ in reply to let's not forget that in the game against Auburn... ]

And subsequently, Florida State was tatally exposed. A mediocre team.

no, they really weren't

Dec 28, 2012, 12:11 AM

they didn't start going downhill until they lost Thompson and they couldn't run the ball anymore. Nobody really "exposed" FSU.

Re: Clemson has never scored less than 37 points in a game this season... except...

Dec 28, 2012, 12:06 AM

Epecially when our O-L collapsed against Carolina. Tajh will be running for his life.

So now, if I'm reading this correctly

Dec 28, 2012, 12:47 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has never scored less than 37 points in a game this season... except...

Dec 28, 2012, 6:18 AM

Be sure to get you a front row seat for the game! And take a note pad with you!! It will be enlightening for you.

Dec 28, 2012, 8:33 AM

Everybody only mentions the ole miss game but didn't lsu beat a pretty bad arkansas team like 15-10 and had to kick a last minute FG against a terrible auburn team to win 12-10? These guys are really good but so is our Offense. PLAY THE GAME!

Dec 28, 2012, 8:43 AM

The one thing that no one has mentioned, and it surprises me, is that Texas A&M is not the #1 scoring team in the country!

Here is what ESPN's list looks like:

1. Louisiana Tech 51.5 ppg
2. Oregon 50.8 ppg
3. Texas A&M 44.8 ppg

And just in case any LSU fans are wondering, or think they are going to comeback with "Clemson (bs blah blah bs, I'm a dumb coot)" or whatever else it is they garble out of their mouths:

6. Clemson 42.3 ppg
55. LSU 30.3 ppg

Hmm... looks to me like Clemson's got the edge there. Now, anybody wanna knock that?

Dec 28, 2012, 11:30 AM

LSU played Bama, Florida and South Carolina for starters. That tends to lower your scoring avg. You avergared how many against your 2 SEC teams?

Heck, Vandy scored plus 50 on Wake, really think you'd averaged +40 playing teams that actually play defense? Didn't you play Duke? They gave up how many to Cincy last night?

Dec 28, 2012, 12:10 PM

Half of the problem with the SEC is that their #### poor offenses make the defenses look that much more dominant. Throw Mettenderper,, Aaron "Pretty Boy" Murray, and Conny Shaw in the Big 12 where they have to score to win and they would lose their jobs.

"I don't see how..." Have you considered consulting an...

Dec 28, 2012, 11:39 AM

optromsist. I think Oblabla will help with the bill.

http://www.webeca.com/about/location/Center%20Point?gclid=CMWA2MbEvbQCFU6mPAodmT4AnQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2012, 12:17 PM

BWAAAAAAAAK-bwak-bwak-bwak!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic