Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson getting hammered on FGF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Clemson getting hammered on FGF

Jun 11, 2020, 1:29 PM

Guess they did not read their own sordid history:
"Slavery at South Carolina College, 1801–1865:
The Foundations of the University of South Carolina
This website is intended to tell the largely unknown and unfamiliar story of slavery at South Carolina College, the institutional predecessor of the University of South Carolina.

Slaves played a fundamental role at the college between its founding in December 1801 and February 1865, when slaves saw themselves liberated by the arrival of federal troops in Columbia in the final months of the Civil War. The primary buildings of South Carolina College survive as the historic heart of the modern campus—known today as the Horseshoe—and were constructed by slave labor and built of slave-made brick.

If one stands today on the steps of the university’s McKissick Museum and gazes toward Sumter Street, almost all of the buildings that constituted South Carolina College on the eve of the Civil War are visible. (The original president’s house has been replaced by McKissick Museum and several extant antebellum buildings are obscured by structures and vegetation.) It is a surprisingly intact and well-preserved “landscape of slavery.”

Slaves were essential to the daily operations of the antebellum institution, in addition to their role in shaping its built environment. Whether they were owned outright by the faculty or the college itself, or hired from private parties, slaves maintained campus buildings, cleaned student tenements and faculty duplexes, and prepared meals at the student dining commons, faculty residences, and the president’s house. Slaves lived and worked in now-forgotten outbuildings located behind the buildings of the present-day Horseshoe.

Remarkably, one kitchen house / slave quarters stands today.

Slavery also shaped the contours of the intellectual and political world at South Carolina College. Presidents and faculty members became some of the nation’s most ardent defenders of slavery, even as a handful emerged to oppose the institution. The college prepared its students to assume positions of political leadership within the state and in Washington, D.C., and many alumni came to play pivotal roles as proponents of South Carolina’s economic and racial interests in the sectional crisis that culminated in civil war. These political and intellectual leaders are relatively easy to trace in libraries and archives through their writings and their records of public service. More challenging to research are the names, much less the lives, of individual college slaves or the full details of slavery at the college."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson getting hammered on FGF

Jun 11, 2020, 1:33 PM

MAYBE ASK THEM HOW MANY BLACK QB'S THEY HAVE HAD AT THEIR SCHOOL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 1:38 PM

The slave owning general Thomas Sumter was known as "the gamecock." I suggest they change their name to "the lamecocks."

Jun 11, 2020, 1:46 PM

Change their name to the Dumb Clucks, and that name suits them to the T!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they get to count Dak Joyner or the other ones who were

Jun 11, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson getting hammered on FGF ]

promised a shot that they never received?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson getting hammered on FGF ]

Multiple? They've had multiple.

This is the equivalent of "I'm not racist. I have black friends."

Jun 11, 2020, 3:06 PM

I am 50 years old and can remember only two that started.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 11, 2020, 1:44 PM

Just post their own history on their board. At times like this, it makes losing your membership on that trash site worth it with a little history of their own!!! Do it with just a link, and a message stating a little more of Clemson history on Racism, and more people will get a chance to click on it before they delete it and kick your butt off their garbage trashy site!!! And they will kick you out bc they have never been able to deal with the truth bc, the truth hurts them to their core!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where is the part where Clemson gets hammered?

lol what a waste of bandwidth

Best Is The Standard

They're inbreds, who gives a shyatt what they think?***

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

that's the only way they can "hammer" Clemson.***

Jun 11, 2020, 2:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's the only way they can "hammer" Clemson.***

Jun 11, 2020, 2:23 PM

The advice to ignore them is probably best ....
But if you can’t ...please let them know that if they were relevant they’d be getting similar attention...they are in South Carolina as well...with similar history to Clemson...

The QB comment is appropriate as well...
Growing up a Clemson fan ... I remember thinking as a child ... why is it a big deal that a QB is black ? Especially when I heard remarks about black QBs in the NFL .. it was puzzling to me..
I thought QBs were normally black - what’s the big deal?

Jun 11, 2020, 2:37 PM

If you add the scores from their record 5 game win streak they won by a total of 74 points. Shouldn’t it be our goal to cover that spread in the 2020 game? I think that would be the neighborly thing to do.

Jun 11, 2020, 3:15 PM

7 on the way , and aside from our 2015 win ( they got that late TD ) they have been completely overmatched since 2014.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

no way!

Jun 11, 2020, 2:52 PM

why would they do that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I guess you have to consider where it's coming from,

Jun 11, 2020, 3:03 PM

coot fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 2:56 PM

They have a long history of always trying to make Clemson out as racist, ignorant, intolerant, etc. It is about as correct as their self proclaimed annual national football championships. They are bozos. And always will be

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 3:02 PM

They need to look at their building names, do some research and stop acting like 100-200 years ago one side of the state thought radically different than the other.

Jun 11, 2020, 3:05 PM

FGF users lack literacy and you expect them to be aware of history? Even their own oral "story" only goes back to their last blackout.

Why post about that here?

Jun 11, 2020, 3:41 PM

This is a Clemson board, so...

a) Nobody cares
2) That's not really news

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cOOt trash cannot spell FGF***

Jun 11, 2020, 7:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic