Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson football & DV have come a long way since this 1962 PIC!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Clemson football & DV have come a long way since this 1962 PIC!

May 28, 2020, 10:28 AM

Check out the height of stadium where in 1962 the top is now where the portals are today to enter into stadium or exit to concessions & restrooms..

and no upper deck..but trees inside..

plus fans are dressed in Sunday clothes (check out suits on men outside stadium)..

and hardly any fans in stadium 30 minutes b/4 game!

Oh how I like it much better now than when I attended school during this time (for 2nd time & married).

PS: JOE21 was 40 yrs young then while I was 21.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson football & DV have come a long way since this 1962 PIC!

May 28, 2020, 10:49 AM

The "bones" of that scoreboard stood for a long time. The painting and signs on it may have changed, but the structure itself was there for decades.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

May 28, 2020, 10:53 AM

What is so amazing is the lack of orange in the photo. Absolutely none. What were we thinking? You would expect to see at least one rat hat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 12:04 PM

Didn't see much Orange back then. Everyone including students dressed in Sunday best for games. No Rat hats cause that is visitors side of field. Only ones on the hill were kids playing.

I noticed the same and there is even a big difference...

May 28, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football & DV have come a long way since this 1962 PIC! ]

between orange in the stands pre-2000s and now. I guess there was quite a bit of people wearing navy too but go look at games in the 80's and 90's and the lack of consistent orange. its nothing like it is now where its predominantly orange. Somewhere in the early 2000's it changed..maybe with the Solid Orange campaign? The same can be said for most schools in the country. its all about wearing the school's colors now when it used to be just jeans, a shirt and then the team hat. I remember always wearing school colors to games in the 80s and 90s but that did include navy shirts and jackets as well.

May 28, 2020, 10:58 AM

That’s a cool LBB.

May 28, 2020, 12:01 PM

My Freshman Year

Could this be a harbinger picture of this coming season's

May 28, 2020, 12:35 PM

attendance?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 28, 2020, 4:20 PM

Looks like Wake Forest without the luxury boxes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 4:47 PM

Bill, this was a great improvement of our scoreboard in the West side of the stadium. I remember it was way off from the field, with a large clock, and scores were put in by individuals like Wrigley Field in Chicago. We thought this was a great improvement. Remember when the Tiger's eyes lit up, his tail wagged and he roared when we scored a touchdown. I am looking forward to having an updated scoreboard better than the Wake Forest board at the present time. Things do change and get better with age just like Clemson football now verses the 1960s.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 4:52 PM

Notice a light standard in the picture, yet we didn’t play night games back then. Were these lights just for security of other events that may have been held in the stadium?

Sadly, the attire has digressed almost as much as the

May 28, 2020, 8:20 PM

stadium has progressed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic