Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson basketball 'fans' are interesting on here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Clemson basketball 'fans' are interesting on here...

Feb 6, 2017, 11:10 AM

This is in no way an attempt to cover up the debacle of yesterday, but merely an observation of our bball fans.

When we won the 2 games against Tech and Pittsburg last week, there were hardly any posts made about those games during or after (except the few that posted about how we had a 20 point lead and only won by 8).

Yet, when we lose, this place explodes!

I just dont get it. Do you all really want brownell to fail that much? i'm not defending him, but it seems that many of you want to him to fail. Similar to the amount of people that hope Trump fails.

Just my observations. You'll see it again tomorrow night when we play Syracuse!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, lets be real for a second

Feb 6, 2017, 11:18 AM

7 years later and there is no improvement. Havent been to the tourney since year 1 I believe and wont be making it this year either. This was supposed to be a break out year, something to build on, and lets be honest, this team is horrible. What do you want people do? Hard to get excited about the program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do Brownell supporters always blame the fans for

Feb 6, 2017, 11:18 AM

for the state of the basketball program? Why do his supporters disappear during January and return after two wins versus crappy teams to trash the fans? Why not show allegiance to the Clemson basketball program instead of the coach who makes good money to build a successful program.

We as fans don't coach. We don't recruit. We don't develop players. We don't get paid $1.8 million dollars. We just want a basketball program we can be proud of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please re-read my post... i didnt say anything about blaming

Feb 6, 2017, 11:28 AM

the fans.

i simply said when we win, there is no buzz or discussion. When we lose, this place explodes.

I understand, like anything, when we are producing on the court, butts get in the seats and when we are not, its the opposite.

I have been a Brownell supporter. I have also defended him. But after the debacle at Louisville and FSU, I cannot defend him anymore. Yet, i will support him and the team until the season PLAYS OUT and then assess whether or not he should be our coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're 2 and 7 over our last 9 games. After almost 7 years

Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 AM

there is a track record of failure that does not inspire confidence. You don't really expect a lot of positive vibes after we just capped that run off with a humiliating blowout loss. Fans aren't stupid. They see what is happening and the know that 2 wins against mediocre teams don't suggest we have turned this battleship around and yesterday just reinforced that concept.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: please re-read my post... i didnt say anything about blaming

Feb 6, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to please re-read my post... i didnt say anything about blaming ]

There was buzz before the ACC schedule began. I believe we win the Orlando Shootout if we had our full roster. However, you can't deny we have seen Djitte regress during the season and Grantham brick 3 after 3 after 3 after 3...which has put this team in bad position night after night. Why is this allowed? Do we not have any other options but to endure such crap?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson basketball 'fans' are interesting on here...

Feb 6, 2017, 11:26 AM

I don't think there is any way around of voicing an embarrassing 48 point loss. Also with the expectations of this season you are going to get more frustration then what should be happening.

I will admit this is one of the tougher schedules we've had in years past. However this year has been at least for me tournament or time for a change.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2017, 11:29 AM

Brown elk has to go.

youve made 2 posts on tigernet and this is what you come up

Feb 6, 2017, 11:38 AM

with?

Feb 6, 2017, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson basketball 'fans' are interesting on here... ]

There are MANY so called Clemson fans who love to say "I told you so". I have no trouble ignoring these phonies

Feb 6, 2017, 11:29 AM

I surely don't and I assume no one wants to see him fail. We ALL are waiting for him to be a big success. But I'm not so sure it will happen

Feb 6, 2017, 11:32 AM

I'm for all Clemson coaches to do well but sometimes we have to move on.

you have been one of the most outspoken bball posters here..

Feb 6, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson basketball 'fans' are interesting on here... ]

i'm not asking this in a condescending way, but...

1. who do you think we should get as a replacement?

2. what would it take the rest of the year for you to want brownell to be retained?

3. what are your realistic expectations for clemson bball in the new-age acc?

Re: you have been one of the most outspoken bball posters here..

Feb 6, 2017, 12:31 PM

Not Tiger Contractor but beat up on the bottom half of the ACC, split games with middle tier teams and be competitive against the top teams, not get destroyed like @ U of L and @ FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also not meant to be condescending

Feb 6, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to you have been one of the most outspoken bball posters here.. ]

But could you explain to Clemson basketball fans...

1) why we should be okay with no NCAA tournament bids in the past 6 seasons
2) Why we should be okay with a program that has shown no improvement in the past 3 season
3) why we should be okay with a coach that has is noted for his commitment to defense with a team that is 216 of 347 in FG percentage defense

I don't care so much who is out there or who we could get, but if you look at Brownell's performance here, you realize that he is who he is. A middle to bottom of the pack ACC team is all we can be under his direction. If you're good with that, then by all means come on the board and point out the positives when we beat up other ACC bottom feeders. But to be surprised that people complain when we show zero effort against a ranked team on the road for the second time this season seems a bit daft to me. We aren't just losing, we're losing badly, the team looks like they've all but quit and right now, anybody looks like they could do a better job with this team than Brownell. It's not like this is year 2 or 3. This is year 7, clearly one year too long.

Re: Also not meant to be condescending

Feb 6, 2017, 5:56 PM

> But could you explain to Clemson basketball fans...
>
> 1) why we should be okay with no NCAA tournament bids
> in the past 6 seasons
> 2) Why we should be okay with a program that has
> shown no improvement in the past 3 season
> 3) why we should be okay with a coach that has is
> noted for his commitment to defense with a team that
> is 216 of 347 in FG percentage defense
>
> I don't care so much who is out there or who we could
> get, but if you look at Brownell's performance here,
> you realize that he is who he is. A middle to bottom
> of the pack ACC team is all we can be under his
> direction. If you're good with that, then by all
> means come on the board and point out the positives
> when we beat up other ACC bottom feeders. But to be
> surprised that people complain when we show zero
> effort against a ranked team on the road for the
> second time this season seems a bit daft to me. We
> aren't just losing, we're losing badly, the team
> looks like they've all but quit and right now,
> anybody looks like they could do a better job with
> this team than Brownell. It's not like this is year
> 2 or 3. This is year 7, clearly one year too long.

Being an ACC bottom feeder is who we are in basketball and have been for years. We change coaches ever so often but things rarely improve so why do you think changing coaches will make it better this time? We have recently improved our facilities but this coach has recruited one class with a decent facility. We have a bunch of transfer players because that is all we could get without a home floor, no natural recruiting area and little program history. Great coaches will not come to a football school as they will always be at least second fiddle. UGA and Bama also suck at basketball for many of the same reasons. Now we have a facility but opposing schools are using the constant message board chatter about firing our coach so it appears another class lost. I am sure we will eventually fire CBB only to learn the great coaches we desire will not coach at Clemson. We will hire another mid major or less coach no one has heard and restart the process.

Sure we could break the bank and have a shot at having a good basketball program but not without hurting our other (successful) programs

I just don't get the "we can't do better argument"

Feb 6, 2017, 6:30 PM

But even if you're right and we have to take a shot with another mid major coach isn't changing direction better than what we've had for 6+ seasons now? Sure there's a very real shot it doesn't work out, but to just accept that the second worst coach we've had in the past 4 decades is as good as it gets just doesn't work for me. I'd much rather be mediocre while trying to improve the program than accept mediocrity as a goal - keeping Brownell after last year was exactly that.

If being mediocre is okay why did we waste the money on the facilities. We were mediocre without them. If we are really trying to improve the program, he's got to go this year. The 3.5MM buyout is pennies compared to what they did to littlejohn.

Re: I just don't get the "we can't do better argument"

Feb 6, 2017, 7:15 PM

> But even if you're right and we have to take a shot
> with another mid major coach isn't changing direction
> better than what we've had for 6+ seasons now? Sure
> there's a very real shot it doesn't work out, but to
> just accept that the second worst coach we've had in
> the past 4 decades is as good as it gets just doesn't
> work for me. I'd much rather be mediocre while
> trying to improve the program than accept mediocrity
> as a goal - keeping Brownell after last year was
> exactly that.
>
> If being mediocre is okay why did we waste the money
> on the facilities. We were mediocre without them.
> If we are really trying to improve the program, he's
> s got to go this year. The 3.5MM buyout is pennies
> compared to what they did to littlejohn.

Coach is not the problem. We need better talent now that we have a facility. Have not given CBB a chance with a fair playing field. How about a better investment in staff and assistants? New coach will demand it anyway so why not take a shot now?

If you remember Coach Shaytt he had terrible facilities and hardly any investment in the program and he failed. We hired CBB and he is failing for the same reasons. Next coach will also fail if we think that a new HC will fix all our ills.

I guess the other option is to hire a scumbag coach who plays the AAU handler game. We would be good for a few years until someone turned us in and we run that guy out of town.

Can't speak for all fans. Just myself.

Feb 6, 2017, 11:39 AM

I had given up on BB last year, but so many felt he deserved a chance to coach in the new facility. I can understand that and even though I didn't think he could get the job done I was still hopeful. Earlier this year I even thought I may have been wrong. Then ACC play started and the losses started piling up. I didn't post anything during that time (at least I don't think I did. My memory isn't what it used to be. LOL.

A couple of wins, plus the national guys still projecting Clemson in the tourney, and I still had a glimmer of hope. FSU killed that hope.

Enough is enough. When the season is over it will be time to make a coaching change. BB has had his opportunity. It's time for someone else to lead Clemson.

We rooted hard to OP and are rooting against Brownlee

Feb 6, 2017, 11:47 AM

bc we has the rassist. hth.

JK. We just want to make the tournament every other year or at least every third year. That's not asking too much. Brownlee cannot deliver. So, we want a change. Fair?

Feb 6, 2017, 11:59 AM

I don't post much on here good or bad, but I've tried to give him a chance. Especially this year knowing it should be his best team. Now we no longer have to wonder what he can do with a good and talented team. He has JB back and Thomas is the best post player we have had since the Bookers. He also has the best PG in Shelton that he has had (in terms of talent and ability).

It also comes down to this...the good coaches find a way to win close games. Think about all the successful coaches out there. They all know how to and expect to win close games. Think about Dabo now compared to Bowden. Dabo knows how to win the close ones and is confident in doing so. I don't think Brownell will ever put us in that position. And one more thing that is consistent with him. Whether it is games or minutes within a game, you can always count on periods of time where we don't seem to know what we are doing. Can't pin that on the players all the time.

And just like Shyatt, he's a nice guy and nobody should wish bad things for him, but just like it was with Larry it's time for him to go.

You must be new here

Feb 6, 2017, 12:17 PM

and pretty young and just new to life in general. If it bleeds it leads has defined journalism for a long time. Failure and darkness make the best stories. It's the way it is everywhere.

Clemson basketball has been "failure and darkness" for a

Feb 6, 2017, 12:21 PM

few years now. "Journalism" arrived a couple years late to this show.

Should people be impressed with wins against

Feb 6, 2017, 12:21 PM

Pitt and GT? What's more remarkable, beating those two teams or losing by 48 points to FSU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Should people be impressed with wins against

Feb 6, 2017, 12:25 PM

the GT win was at Littlejohn

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, I didn't say it was a road game***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You sound mad bro***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:49 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: You sound mad bro***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:51 PM

hate to correct you, but that is no dude

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

More like confused

Feb 6, 2017, 12:53 PM [ in reply to You sound mad bro*** ]

so that's nothing new

I imagine they only want him

Feb 6, 2017, 12:59 PM

gone, just like those that wanted Tommy and Jack gone.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic