Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson and an at large BCS bowl bid:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Clemson and an at large BCS bowl bid:

Oct 21, 2012, 9:37 PM

Had a long drive back today to Eastern NC (but the drive seems a lot shorter when you beat VT by 21 points). This trickle up the BCS ladder doesn't matter. After all we have zero shot at the national championship. A repeat Orange bowl is out of our control (unless FSU drops another game). The question is can an 11-1 Clemson team get an at large bowl bid to the Sugar (or Fiesta bowl). The 2 BCS conference rule helps us and Notre Dame squeaking past BYU is killing us. Luckily there are no BCS busters like Boise St. this year.

1) The SEC will get two in the BCS (probably AL and FL)
2) The Pac 12 will probably get two (OR and OR St/USC)
3) The Big 12 will likely get two (KSU and OK >> TX Tech)
4) The Big 10 gets one (Michigan?)
5) The Big East gets one Rutgers/Louisville winner
6) Unless Notre Dame loses ?3 they're in
7) That leaves one for the ACC (?FSU)

Obviously if were 10-2 (or worse) we wouldn't have beaten a single ranked team and you couldn't make a case for a BCS bowl game anyway.

At 11-1 we might finish in front of the #2 Pac - 12 or Big - 10 team if they have 2 loses but they may need to have 3. It may help us if the SEC gets two in the title game just to ensure that Oregon goes to the rose and beats USC twice to keep them from a BCS game. It also would help for the loser of the Oklahoma / Notre Dame game to be Oklahoma (who already has a loss). Then we could use for them to lose another game.

Either way if we're 11-1, I've got no complaints. Just keep winning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson and an at large BCS bowl bid:

Oct 21, 2012, 10:00 PM

First ever 11-1 peach bowl team and u can write it down now . The ACC sucks and we are getting what we deserve staying in this conference.

Not sure we're going to be 11-1 and not sure if we are that

Oct 21, 2012, 10:03 PM

we'd be Peach bowl bound. There's alot of if's out there. But Auburn,GT,VT, and BC are well down this year. The irony is we need USC to improve our SOS. Oh the irony!!!!!

It'll sort itself out, but we'll go the BCS @ 11-1***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: It'll sort itself out, but we'll go the BCS @ 11-1***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:06 PM

That's what Swofford would like u to believe right up to selection Sunday.

Seriously, you need to go to FGF, where you belong***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Seriously, you need to go to FGF, where you belong***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:27 PM

That's a great way to prove your superior intellect call me a coot . Tardnet at its finest.

No way if we go 11-1 we won't make a BCS game

Oct 21, 2012, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: It'll sort itself out, but we'll go the BCS @ 11-1*** ]

In fact, if we're ranked in what, the Top 8 or something, we're required to?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way if we go 11-1 we won't make a BCS game

Oct 21, 2012, 10:19 PM

I think only top 4 are guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl if you are in one of the big 6 conferences.

Oct 21, 2012, 10:33 PM [ in reply to No way if we go 11-1 we won't make a BCS game ]

Now u r just being blinded by what Swofford and Dabo want u to think . Here is a little scenario for u , undefeated K state , undefeated Alabama , 1 lose Oregon , 1 loss ND , 1 loss Florida , 1 loss FSU , undefeated Rutgers , 1 loss Louisville . Who are we getting an at large bid over .

By "we" I'm assuming you mean the coots, and there's no way

Oct 21, 2012, 10:44 PM

you get in over anyone after your last 2 losses.

Now we, as in Clemson would probably get in under that scenario.

NC Game would probably be Bama and K-State
FSU and Rutgers would be in the Orange
I'm guessing Florida and ND would be in the Sugar
Oregon would be in the Rose against???
Fiesta Bowl???

I think we leap Louisville with a win over the coots and get into either the Rose or Fiesta at 11-1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 21, 2012, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: No way if we go 11-1 we won't make a BCS game ]

Your numbers don't add up there. If Alabama is undefeated than either UF or FSU will have more than 1 loss. UF plays both FSU and if they have 1 loss they would be playing in the SEC championship game. Granted a 2 loss FSU team would be conference champion if their loss is OOC and would still be ahead of us.

Though I agree that with the poor showing of the ACC in past BCS games I don't see us getting more than one bid this year. If there are a number of 1 loss teams we would be towards the bottom and we might be behind some 2 loss teams.

Oct 21, 2012, 11:20 PM

We are already behind two loss teams

I can sense your bitterness. It must suck to know that the

Oct 21, 2012, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: It'll sort itself out, but we'll go the BCS @ 11-1*** ]

best team USuCk has ever had has no chance to go to a BCS game. That was true the last 2 years, and once again thanks to back to back losses you've got no shot this year. LOL! Suck one coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I can sense your bitterness. It must suck to know that the

Oct 21, 2012, 10:38 PM

I'm not a S.Carolina fan . I'm a Clemson fan without orange glasses and pin-pins. Tardnet never fails to describe the posters on this board.

^^^^ still distraught over losing his/her pin-pins.***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a bigger dumbazz chickentroll

Oct 21, 2012, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I can sense your bitterness. It must suck to know that the ]

than SOMEONE WHO POSTS THIS ON Tigernet???

"Tardnet never fails to describe the posters on this board."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sts troll i believe 76.***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sts troll i believe 76.***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:46 PM

He's a dumbazz who's calling who's posting on "tardnet" himself.....he obviously doesn't have the brains to realize he's including himself since he's posting on "tardnet"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i believe that is a prerequisite to post on sts.***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:50 PM

Re: Is there a bigger dumbazz chickentroll

Oct 21, 2012, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Is there a bigger dumbazz chickentroll ]

U should feel bad that Clemson fans feel this way about this board. Resume your crying about uniform and discussion about the woo-hoo while real fans discuss football .

Well, here's an option for you

Oct 21, 2012, 10:54 PM

dumbazz, if you don't like it here.........

Get The Eff Out!!

That should be simple enough for even you to comprehend

Re: Well, here's an option for you

Oct 21, 2012, 11:23 PM

All the more reason to stay and prove that you only see football from the eyes of a biased fan.

I'm not sure. I used to believe that, but as the season is

Oct 21, 2012, 10:26 PM [ in reply to It'll sort itself out, but we'll go the BCS @ 11-1*** ]

going on, it doesn't seem very much like a sure thing. Yes a good chance, but I agree with the OP.

Right now ACC is on the outside looking in, even with us at 11-1 if we don't play for the ACC.

We will need other teams to lose, mainly Notre Dame to drop a few, or Oregon/USC/Oregon State to beat each other up with help from Stanford.

Big XII will get two, unless teams start accumulating losses. They deserve 2 as a conference right now

Oct 21, 2012, 10:04 PM

If we end up the season in the top 14 then we eligible for an at large birth. The fact that we have a good traveling fan base should help us. Honestly I'm not that worried about it because if we take care of our business I feel like it will work out in our favor. GO TIGERS!!! BEAT WAKE!!!

Notre Dame will lose 2 (OU and USC) FWIW***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:25 PM

Re: Notre Dame will lose 2 (OU and USC) FWIW***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:39 PM

Glad your crystal ball works better than mine.

5knklshfl

Oct 21, 2012, 10:41 PM

Two things: 1) there are 10 spots in the BCS and 2) there's no way both Rutgers AND Louisville would get at large bids above an 11-1 Clemson team. Those are just FACTS.

Coots don't understand facts, thus...coot logic***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:47 PM

He listed 10 slots and only gave one to the Big East...***

Oct 21, 2012, 10:57 PM [ in reply to 5knklshfl ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The poster he is referring to put Rutgers and Louisville

Oct 21, 2012, 11:03 PM

ahead of us.

Oct 21, 2012, 10:51 PM

How 'bout we worry about getting to 7-1 first?

Oct 21, 2012, 11:13 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls
Here you go , the people that will cover the games and pay the bills are telling you right now Clemson does not get a BCS bid . Call me coot call me dumb ### but one thing is sure and that is Clemson goes to the peach bowl.

Oct 22, 2012, 12:47 AM

Your post and link don't prove anything and are actually irrelevant to the topic. What everyone is saying is that if Clemson is 11-1, they will go to a BCS game. How does your link with bowl projections that don't show projected records prove anything. Brad Edwards even has the Gamecocks in the Sugar Bowl, so it's obvious he sees us losing to them.

If Clemson goes 11-1, they will be BCS-bound....who we get there with is anyone's guess, but it always works itself out. Most teams play around 3 cupcakes to start the season, so this is really like the 5th week of actual competition. We are already down to a handful of undefeateds and even 1-loss teams.

My guess to what happens is if Clemson goes 11-1, the Pac 12 would probably only get one team in Oregon, as USC probably loses to Oregon in the regular season and in the title game giving them 3 losses. I don't see a BCS bowl taking a 1-loss Oregon State over a 1-loss Clemson, even though I'd be surprised if the Beavers don't lose more than once.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic