Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson VS UGA by Position
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 89
| visibility 1

Clemson VS UGA by Position

Jul 3, 2014, 4:30 PM

This game could be a repeat of last year meaning it may be decided by a field goal but closer inspection leads one to believe UGA by 9 as predicted in Vegas.
First the QBS. Mason and Stoudt should be about equal.
Running Backs- Georgia has Gurly, Marshall, Nick Chubb-235 4.4 speed and Michael Soney, 5 star #1 HS running back.Clemson has Howard and Davidson.Big edge to UGA.Wide Recievers equal. Offensive lines, edge goes to UGA- more talent.Defensve line,edge to Clemson.Linebackers- Edge to UGA, Hererra is one of the best in the SEC. Secondary, botht pretty bad, this is where the game could be decided.Would have to give special team edge to UGA.Add to this basically a young inexperienced Tiger squad playing in front of 95,000 hostile screaming Dawg fans and I have to go with UGA and the points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The return key makes spaces between lines.

Jul 3, 2014, 4:33 PM

Your Welcome in Advance

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson receivers are much better not equal there. Also

Jul 3, 2014, 4:33 PM

UGA's bad off in secondary-- will be missing some players for suspension so--edge Clemson.

I would have to go with Clemson -- Coot fan.

Now what about UGA beating your team in WB? Could happen.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson receivers are much better not equal there. Also

Jul 3, 2014, 7:49 PM

A Thomas, Georgia certainly could come into Williams Brice and pull off an upset. Clemson might do the same at Sanford Stadium. Make no mistake about it, the Gamecocks this year should be the best overall team yet under Spurrier. It will closely resemble the best Florida teams the Ole Ball Coach had. Balance on offense, solid defense.We should rip Georgia much like we did in Willy B last time, 35-7.

Best team yet?

Jul 4, 2014, 1:45 AM

Yeah, no way. Shaw was your good luck charm, and he's buhbye.

Not quite

Jul 3, 2014, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Clemson receivers are much better not equal there. Also ]

UGa's WRs are better than Clemson's just because they're more experienced. But that's not as important as the gap between the receivers and the opposing secondary, and That favors Clemson. The question is whether a first year starting QB can take advantage of that gap on the road.

I also think Clemson's LBs are actually better than UGa's. I think we saw last year that their LBs were a couple of steps too slow, and I really don't think Herrerra is the athlete Anthony is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson VS UGA by Position

Jul 3, 2014, 4:37 PM

Clemson has Howard and Davidson for RB? That's it? U think we are only 2 deep at the position. And then u name Chubbs and some true freshman for UGA as well.

I do think UGA has an advantage at the position but you don't have your facts str8 for Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical coot...delusional, ignoring the whole picture...

Jul 3, 2014, 6:33 PM

That's why their fanbase rarely gets any respect...

Jul 3, 2014, 4:37 PM

Your linebacker comparison is laughable.

Your secondary comparison is also sketchy.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Whole post is laughable and sketchy.***

Jul 3, 2014, 4:40 PM

Since Clemson doesn't have a chance.....

Jul 3, 2014, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VS UGA by Position ]

I say the team shouldn't even bother to show up for the game. I don't know how in the world we won last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think UGA schedule roughed them up before they got to us

Jul 3, 2014, 7:27 PM

...oh wait

Nope, they can't use that excuse...

Re: Since Clemson doesn't have a chance.....

Jul 3, 2014, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Since Clemson doesn't have a chance..... ]

Never said the Tigers don't have a chance. Certainly they do but for anyone to come on this board saying that the Tigers will dominate and destroy Georgia in Athens IS LAUGHABLE.This is not Virginia Tech or NC State we are talking about here. Has Clemson ever won in Athens? Just askin.

Are you serious? How old are you? 12?

Jul 3, 2014, 8:06 PM

Clemson has won in Athens 7 times. The first was in 1900. The last was 1986. Are you really that ignorant?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh and Scar has 8 wins in Athens.

Jul 3, 2014, 8:10 PM

And you are in their division!!!

Re: Oh and Scar has 8 wins in Athens.

Jul 5, 2014, 7:53 PM

Won three out of the last 4 years sir. How many times has Clemson ever beaten UGA? The last time the Tigers played in Athens they got stomped 30-0.

Jul 5, 2014, 7:59 PM

What time has usc lost to the most times?

What team have we beaten the most times?

We have won 8 times in Georgia.

null

Jul 5, 2014, 7:59 PM

team NOT time

null

Clemson has beaten Georgia 18 times.

Jul 5, 2014, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh and Scar has 8 wins in Athens. ]

SCar has beaten UGA 17 times. And you are absolutely wrong - the last time Clemson played in Athens UGA won 31-28. Do you check any facts at all?

Jul 4, 2014, 3:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Since Clemson doesn't have a chance..... ]

David Treadwell says hi!!!

Jul 5, 2014, 7:54 PM

Hi to you sir.

Are Gurley and Marshall going to be running against

Jul 3, 2014, 4:39 PM

our running backs? This is an idiotic post. Football is about matchups, not my running back are better so we win.

I think UGA may have had and edge at running back last year. Ummm, oops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Are Gurley and Marshall going to be running against

Jul 3, 2014, 6:45 PM

That sh!t eating, cocklicking coot don't care about any logic or facts. His only reason for posting was to pissss Clemson fans off. Has anybody ever noticed that he only post negative incorrect BS, and not another word afterwards. There is only one reason behind his post, and his mission is always a success. Just never respond to his BS, b/c you will never get a response back from him. Not until he starts another thread of incorrect BS that down grades Clemson. The only thing you will ever hear back, is his silent laughter at pisssed off Clemson fans!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 7:55 PM

Allran, you nailed it on the head.

Jul 4, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Are Gurley and Marshall going to be running against ]

Realistically, UGA probably has the best set of RB's in the country. RB and OL remain concerns for us. If we can't give Stoudt time to throw, it could get really ugly.
And pray that Beasley shows up at fall camp weighing at least 250. If they can run the ball down our throats, they won't need to pass. IMHO, this could be the best team we face all year.

get lost mutt***

Jul 3, 2014, 4:40 PM

Jul 3, 2014, 4:45 PM

You forgot the coaching aspect of the game. Installing an entirely new defensive scheme doesn't get taken account for? I understand Pruitt has our number but FSU's defense was lightyears better talent wise than this Georgia defense.

Jul 5, 2014, 8:01 PM

Now when you throw the coaching aspect in, I really favor the Bulldogs. Listen, you guys are out of mind excited about edging poor OSU in the now defunct Orange Bowl. You are going up against (in their stadium) a program that for many years has vastly overshadowed both you and Carolina, yet you give Georgia no respect and are predicting big wins. Better hope UGA stays off this board. Talking about bulletin board material.

Jul 5, 2014, 8:04 PM

The Orange Bowl is not defunct.

You need to do research before your envy shows.

null

Jul 5, 2014, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VS UGA by Position ]

Defunct Orange Bowl? Since when? And are you really downplaying our win over OSU? If SC had beat that same OSU team in the Orange Bowl you guys would be nominating Spurrier for sainthood. OSU was the was the # 7 team in the country and had only lost one other game in two years. How many top-ten teams has SC defeated in bowls? We've had two back-to-back. No respect for UGA? Quite the contrary. Sure we talk a little smack to them like all fans do, but in the end we have upmost respect for their program because they're one of the legit elite programs of the SEC. SC is not and will never be anything more than a SEC freeloader that deserves no respect whatsoever. A 5, 6, 7 or 8 win streak will do nothing to change that.

Now your post total is twice your age.

Jul 3, 2014, 4:57 PM

Waytago!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2014, 5:05 PM

we never signed fournette...

Jul 3, 2014, 5:11 PM

you're a moron and know very little about college football

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 5, 2014, 8:03 PM

Iam twice your age and played college football.

Jul 5, 2014, 8:06 PM

Leather helmets must cause early senility.

Who did you play for?

null

This post reeks of one sided opinion***

Jul 3, 2014, 5:14 PM

Indeed...guy's a coot so not really a surprise...

Jul 3, 2014, 6:11 PM

He says big edge to UGA with RBs, gives us the edge on the defensive lines and thinks they'll still run all over us. And this guy clearly isn't familiar with our LB core...we HAVE recruited talented LBs so if he thinks there is a major gap there, he's nuts. O'Daniel (4 star), Yeargin (4 star), Jones (transfer 3/4 star), Anthony (5 star), Steward (5 star), Boulware (4 star), Joseph (3 star), Goodson (3 star), Register (4 star), Williams (3 star)...we are more than fine here...

Re: This post reeks of one sided opinion***

Jul 3, 2014, 6:47 PM [ in reply to This post reeks of one sided opinion*** ]

That was the intentions of the post!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me it makes more sense to look at matchups.

Jul 3, 2014, 5:21 PM

I actually think Clemson matches up well. I think our D as a whole will play great against UGA's O. Our line will be nasty and will pressure Mason and also hold their great RB's down to lower-than-average yardage for them. I also think our O will be solid, and unless UGA has improved a lot on the defensive side of the ball, we win that matchup too. I really believe the Tigers win.

Jul 3, 2014, 5:25 PM

Clemson might have the two best OL on the field. Hard to say UGA has the edge there just because we aren't settled at RT. We won with a guy who quit football mid-season at that position.

I'm curious as to who the two would be?

Jul 3, 2014, 5:30 PM

I know one of Clemson's two best won't be on the field due to suspension. Who would be the next best two?

Battle and Norton***

Jul 3, 2014, 5:36 PM

I see.

Jul 3, 2014, 5:44 PM

I know that we all bring our biases to the table when evaluating the teams, but I did notice that Athlon has Battle and Norton as 4th team All ACC players, while they have UGA's Andrews as a 2nd team center and Theus as a 3rd team tackle.

I'd be hard pressed to say that Clemson will have the best two O-Lineman on the field of play that day, but I'm sure most Clemson fans would say that they do. One thing is for sure. Both OL's will be tested early and often against what is shaping up to be two very formidable front sevens.

Re: Battle and Norton***

Jul 3, 2014, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Battle and Norton*** ]

Battle is your best OL? Norton may be playing guard vs. GA. Morris has serious depth issues for that first game with Beasley and Anthony on the bench. You entire OL projects to have less than 30 starts between them come Aug 30th. Not sure how any tiger fan can be confident with that.

I am more confident with our Defense.

Jul 3, 2014, 9:30 PM

I honestly don't think Clemson has to score 38 again this year to take the game. I think 21 would do it, and I think the Tigers can manage that against UGA's defense without much of a struggle.

Re: Battle and Norton***

Jul 4, 2014, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Battle and Norton*** ]

Has Battle even started a game at left tackle? and yet he's your most experienced left tackle on the Oline? I predict Stoudt will be spending a lot of time with our linebackers on 8-30.....up close and personal.

Maybe, just don't see LT being a problem

Jul 4, 2014, 1:01 AM

Battle played at least most of the game against LSU at RT a couple years ago snd

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, just don't see LT being a problem

Jul 4, 2014, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Battle and Norton*** ]

Battle played at least most of the game against LSU at RT a couple years ago and played great. You'd have to have watched Clemson a good bit to know how much he's played and been relied upon, but if you had, you'd know why we're so confident in him. RT is the biggest question mark, not LT.

As I recall, by the way, it was your QB who spent a lot of time on his ### last year with an OL that was supposed to be elite, Clemson fans are particularly confident this year because we've basically got the same DL, while your leaky OL has lost players.

Re: Maybe, just don't see LT being a problem

Jul 4, 2014, 1:18 PM

look, I know Morris hasn't found a RT yet. But your own Tnet article says Battle is your most experienced LT w/o ever starting a single game. Your going to have huge depth/experience issues vs Georgia....and we are coming after Stoudt.

Yes, Beasley had a few sacks but he'll be facing Theus @ LT this go round who matches up better physically. Also remember that "leaky" oline led the way to 545 total yards on your defense.

Dude, watch it again. The UGa OL was getting beaten badly

Jul 4, 2014, 1:59 PM

most of the game. The good O by Uga was from quick passes, and good scrambling from Murray. Gurley ran well, often without much help, but most of his yards were on a few plays. There were a lot of runs for nothing.

The Clemson DL is deep and experienced, that means more stunting and things to confuse an OL that doesn't have many snaps together as a unit.

Clemson OL is in a similar position, but Uga's DL is not quite as good.

I think the Uga secondary is a relative weakness, and Clemson's running game will surprise.

fg Kicking is a worry for Clemson, and ofcourse homefield advantage will help Uga, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude, watch it again. The UGa OL was getting beaten badly

Jul 4, 2014, 11:10 PM

your Dline should be "all world" because they're all seniors....can you explain why they gave up 38 ppg to 4 ranked opponents?

Although I'm sure you realize the FSU game skews...

Jul 5, 2014, 1:12 AM

That average a bit, you should also note that Clemson's defense held each of those offenses (The #2, #3, #21, and #32 offenses in the nation) under their season average for points scored.

More importantly, Clemson's Dline is most likely being touted as "all-world" because we return everyone from a front 7 that was #1 in the nation in tackles for a loss, #13 in the nation in Sacks, #10 in forced turnovers, and #5 in 3rd down defense. Those are some pretty important stats.

Re: I'm curious as to who the two would be?

Jul 3, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to I'm curious as to who the two would be? ]

Rimington Watch list center Ryan Norton and prototypical LT Isaiah Battle. You think Beasley is better than those two and maybe even Guillermo? Are you a Clemson fan or an interested bystander?

Interested bystander

Jul 3, 2014, 5:46 PM

I based my comment about Beasley from the high number of games played and also some articles I've read. I'd have a hard time putting Battle up there with the lack of starts under his belt, but maybe he'll start living up to your billing this year.

Re: Interested bystander

Jul 3, 2014, 6:03 PM

You asked and I answered. If you want to let a magazine tell you who the best players and teams are then why are you even here?

Re: Interested bystander

Jul 3, 2014, 6:33 PM

I asked then looked it up. Sorry you got miffed about the order of operations.

Tell 'em capon

Jul 3, 2014, 5:38 PM

gig 'em aggie

Tony Steward and Stephone Anthony were both #1 at LB in HS

Jul 3, 2014, 5:45 PM

Noticed your going a little by stars, both were five stars. This year I feel a whole lot better about our entire defense. We have stop plugs up front and sack monsters on the edges. We have talent and experience at LB. We have vets in the secondary with a corner that has the ability to shut anyone they have down in Alexander.

On their D they have to worry about our scheme. We will throw the kitchen sink at them. We will throw shorts, longs, zigs, zags and they will expect little to no run game. It will be a total mystery to them as to what we have on O. Be interesting to see the read they play.

Re: Tony Steward and Stephone Anthony were both #1 at LB in HS

Jul 5, 2014, 8:12 PM

Teams should be close to equal on both sides of the ball. This Clemson team has some experience but also a lot of inexperience. Anytime Clemson has a road test in front of a traditional power and 95,000 hostile fans, it's a big deal for them.I don't know if the Tigers will handle the pressure. If they do, should be a really good game.

Jul 3, 2014, 6:19 PM

CLEMSON ADVANTAGE

1. QB- Cole Stoudt can throw the ball more accurately than Tajh Boyd. The reason why he played back up was due to a lack of depth at RB. Tajh Boyd was essentially a RB that could throw the ball with some accuracy and arm strength. Cole Stoudt on the other hand, executes a faster check down technique and throws more accurately. He can throw the deep ball when needed, but will take what the defense gives him.

2. Running back - Clemson has a ton of depth at RB this season. Adam Choice, DJ Howard, Zac Brooks, CJ Davidson, Tyshon Dye, and Wayne Gallman will be the go to RBs this season. However, let us not forget that 3 other Tigers whom are eligible to play in the back field. Kurt Fleming is a beast that is just a raw Athlete that can run all over you. Big enough to be a bruiser, but fast enough to play on kick off returns. He runs track and is very quick and explosive. DJ Reader is over 300lbs and runs like a 4.6 in the 40. I call him Refrigerator Reader. Then you have Jay Jay McCullough who during the Citadel game last year was dragging defenders 5 and 6 yards. So that sums up our Running Back by Committee.

3. WRs- Even with Sammy Watkins gone, the Clemson Tigers still has the Top 5 WR Corps in the nation. Who people aren't mentioning is Charone Peake. He has battled injuries for two seasons. While being recruited in high school, he was actually rated higher than Sammy Watkins. Peake finally had his knee surgery and from what I hear he has already ran a 4.3 in the 40. He hasn't even healed yet. RUT ROH RAGGY!... Then you have Mike Williams, Artavis Scott, Kyrin Priester, Germone Hopper, and a short white guy named Adam Humphries that nobody ever defends. Clemson even has more to choose from with the new talent coming in. Demarre Kitt may even see some playing time.

4. TE - No contest. We have the Top 5 TE in the nation. Jordan Leggett, Stanton Seckinger, Sam Cooper, and Jay Jay McCullough will just wreak havoc underneath and in the slants. UGA secondary will be clueless.

5. Our Offensive Line- Didn't lose but 2 seniors. Tyler Shatley, and Brandon Thomas. However, we've forgotten about Isaiah Battle, and Ryan Norton. There is much more strong and physical O Line talent on the roster. The only question mark is RT... That will be fixed before practice even starts for the UGA Game. We still have 2 weeks of fall camp to figure that out. I am not a gambling man, but my money is on Tyrone Crowder for RT.

6. Defensive Line - Well I can only describe this as a 12 headed monster... Seeing as our front 4 is 3 deep with monsters.

7. Line Backers - Is in great shape with depth and talent that can tackle in space and stuff the middle. They also can bring that pressure to the QB when needed for a blitz.

8. Def. Secondary - Everyone keeps on saying how much of a question mark this is. I disagree because of our stats from last season. We have Jayron Kearse, Korrin Wiggins, and MacKensie Alexander. Cordrea Tankersley, Travis Blanks, and Robert Smith are nothing to scoff at. Jayron, and Korrin both had multiple interceptions last season with tackles for loss and key stops in open space. So no question there. MacKensie Alexander can basically lock down one side of the field by himself. I don't see Clemson giving up more than 14 points a game this coming season. Most of our games we gave up only 14 points or less last season.

Clemson is going to win this one.. SORRY DAWG BUT YOU'RE HIGH IF YOU THINK UGA IS GOING TO WIN.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jul 3, 2014, 6:35 PM

Sounds like we should just mail this loss in. I see no way to compete against UGA.

I plan to bet the dang farm on CLEMSON and 9 if some fool is giving that. And I don't even have a dang farm, so I had better win that bet. :)

Stoudt and Mason equal??

Jul 3, 2014, 6:41 PM

You're a fool. Your guy struggled against a terrible GT team. Stoudt demolished them coming off the bench after Boyd was injured. Stoudt is a senior who knows Morris' offense well and runs it well.

I'll take Clemson and the 9 points.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt and Mason equal??

Jul 3, 2014, 8:54 PM

As far as who will win this game I don't begin to have a clue. Both teams have question marks for sure. As a fan of UGA my bias obviously will lead me to believe the Dawgs win as y'alls Clemson bias will have you going the other way. I always enjoy looking at other teams sites especially this time of year when there are not as many topics/news stories being posted on UGA sites.

I had to respond to flying tiger's post pertaining to Mason's game against GT vs Stoudt because it is just false.

Stoudt threw 2 passes against GT, Mason played the entire game. Mason struggled a bit in the first half in his first start at one of UGA's biggest rivals stadiums while Stoudt came in at home.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/player/147/1039124/passing/gamelog.html

^^^Stoudt's stats^^^

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/player/257/1031961/passing/gamelog.html

^^^Mason's stats^^^

Both teams are fortunate to be replacing long time starters with senior QB's that know their respective systems.

Good luck in all your games but the first! Also thanks for letting me visit.

Mason without pressure=good. With pressure=reallyreally bad

Jul 4, 2014, 2:05 PM

Uga adjusted and quit letting Atouchou get pressure. That was GT's only threat on the DL.

Clemson has threats across the DL. If the 2014 UGa OL is not > 2013 Uga OL, there will be a lot of punts coming from the silver-britcheted dawgs.

The biggest ? is from teh Uga D. The coaching will help this yr, but last yr's D was garbage. The were fundamentally bad, and it may take more than one game to fix that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt and Mason equal??

Jul 3, 2014, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Stoudt and Mason equal?? ]

Struggled? Mason threw for 299 and 2 tds leading his team to a come from behind win. Ga Tech is our biggest rival and with these in-state rivalries you can generally expect hard fought contests. How would you describe South Carolina who Uga beat to a pulp......terrible as well? So going 2 for 2 for 35 yards is demolishing Tech? You are aware Stoudt is a senior who has never faced a 1st team defense in his career.

Mason stinks, and you know it

Jul 4, 2014, 11:20 PM

He was AWFUL for the entire first half against the worst GT team in years. Mason SUCKS!! If you do manage to win, it won't be because of him. Stoudt will outshine his sorry a$$ by far. Cole is a senior who has been in the system for years, has been solid when called on, and is ready to be a starter. Bring it on!!! If your players and coaches take us as lightly as you do, we'll come in there and whip your a$$es by 3 touchdowns.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mason stinks, and you know it

Jul 5, 2014, 9:50 AM

> He was AWFUL for the entire first half against the
> worst GT team in years. Mason SUCKS!! If you do
> manage to win, it won't be because of him. Stoudt
> will outshine his sorry a$$ by far. Cole is a senior
> who has been in the system for years, has been solid
> when called on, and is ready to be a starter. Bring
> it on!!! If your players and coaches take us as
> lightly as you do, we'll come in there and whip your
> a$$es by 3 touchdowns.

Mason was making his first start in an opponents stadium. Not an easy thing to do as Cole will soon learn.

Jul 5, 2014, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Mason stinks, and you know it ]

lmao....I'm guess you expect Stoudt to be perfect in his first start? Mason struggled in the 1st half for sure but he was flawless in the two minute offense right before half-time to get his dawgs on the scoreboard. He finished 22-36 for 299 and 2 tds.....and a "W" in the come from behind win.

Like Stoudt Mason is also a 5th year senior and has been in the system 4 years.

Consider their HS stats....

Mason Hutson- In just two years as a starter, compiled 8,265 yards passing and 85 touchdown passes ... As a senior, set Georgia state records for passing yards (4,560) and touchdowns (54) in a season ... Set state records for passing yards (552) in a single game against South Gwinnett ... Helped lead Lassiter to 12-1 record and first region championship in school history in 2009 ... As a junior, passed for 3,705 yards and 28 touchdowns

Stoudt- Passed for a school-record 4,393 yards and 52 touchdowns against just 11 interceptions in his career at Dublin Coffman High School

Mason threw for more yardage in his senior year than Stoudt did in his entire HS career.....

Jul 5, 2014, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Mason stinks, and you know it ]

I don't know Mason stinks. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Georgia stomp the daylights out of GT last year.

Jul 5, 2014, 8:10 PM

If 41-34 is stomping and GT having ~65 more total yards - yes.

null

Jul 6, 2014, 3:41 AM

is that a fact? here's another .....Clemson is 3-7 versus GA Tech this past decade while in that same time span UGA is 9-1

Re: About to say the same thing.***

Jul 4, 2014, 4:35 AM [ in reply to Stoudt and Mason equal?? ]

Re: UGA has a good run game which will be shut

Jul 4, 2014, 4:40 AM

down by Clemson. Maybe a better FG kicker and a noisy stadium. That's all I give them. Their CB fled to other schools.

I wouldn't be too concerned about noise.

Jul 4, 2014, 8:07 AM

Sep 12, 2013 - "UGA may have the SEC's best fan base (as rated in an ... The crowd noise always disappoints me in Sanford Stadium when I compare it to LSU, Tennessee and other notable stadiums."

@GaSportsCraze Not doing a piece on it. But that place is quiet.
2:37 PM - 18 Jun 2014

"The fans are passionate, but the stadium was not as loud as I was expecting." www.southernpigskin.com/.../top_ten_lo...

www.gsufans.com › ... › The Flight Line
Nov 19, 2012 - 9 posts - ?8 authors
They ONLY got loud when they scored and on 3rd down and that was IT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I hope UGA is better prepared to face an ACC opponent this season.

Jul 3, 2014, 8:00 PM

My guess is they will struggle once again with an elite team from the best football conference in America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

SEC! SEC! SEC!***

Jul 5, 2014, 10:16 AM

Jul 3, 2014, 10:27 PM

Thanks, I wouldn't expect anything less. Can you give us a breakdown of Georgia vs. South Carolina now? Seeing as how that's your team, I'd like to see how people think that will go later this season since it will ultimately have a huge effect on the SEC East.

Jul 4, 2014, 6:34 AM

Coot we better at all positions but rb. We win by 10. Go TIGERS !

Where you live, in Athens or Columbia?***

Jul 4, 2014, 7:28 AM

Jul 4, 2014, 9:48 AM

Qb,slight advantage to Clemson,rb,slight advantage to uga,I think our rbs are better than most expect,ol slight advantage uga,hope Crowder can come in and be a beast,te slight advantage to Clemson,wish we could have got jay Rome,wr advantage Clemson we too deep,dl advantage Clemson, we have best dline in the nation,lb slight edge to uga,dbs draw.Clemson beats the puppies 27 to 24.

Jul 4, 2014, 10:16 AM

"Qb,slight advantage to Clemson,rb,slight advantage to uga,I think our rbs are better than most expect,ol slight advantage uga,hope Crowder can come in and be a beast,te slight advantage to Clemson,wish we could have got jay Rome,wr advantage Clemson we too deep,dl advantage Clemson, we have best dline in the nation,lb slight edge to uga,dbs draw.Clemson beats the puppies 27 to 24. "

Tigerrag28 - Probably disagree with you less than you think, but (you knew that was coming) no way to tell QB is a "slight advantage" to Clemson at this point. Cole has not started a game, played against anyone's starting line up, he will be on the road with his first start and we are not SCS. Would say slight advantage UGA and by that I mean very, very slight. Just to be fair I will call it even. Mason got his feet under him in the UK game. Played well in his first start against a rival and really came to age in the comeback. Despite the loss he played well in the bowl game ... rest of the team looked like they never got off the bus. In our spring game he proved that he can make those back shoulder throws that I WRs have proven they can get their body between the defender and the ball.

My other disagreement with you is RB ... You just have to take the "slight" out. Our starter had 154 yards against CU last year. 14+ yards per carry. Then he got a non-contact injury. We will not talk about 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string. Any of which could start on most teams.

DL is advantage CU ... no slight ... LB is advantage UGA ... no slight. You have one of the best DLs in the country while we have one of the best LB corp. These two groups will be fun to watch.

Last year I would end the post stating I wish we were playing at home. This year - I am glad we are at home. Game will be decided late.

You make good observations, but I think you're wrong about

Jul 4, 2014, 2:19 PM

LB'ers.

CLemson has two former 5 stars in there, and frankly Anthony is a stud.

Uga;s LB's were not that great last yr. Lots of tackles, usually 5 yds downfield. They looked stupid trying to tackle Aub for most of that game.

The whole of Clemson's defense should be better than last yr.
I expect a game opposite of last yr's shootout. 20 or 30 fewer points overall.

Take the under.

Re: You make good observations, but I think you're wrong about

Jul 4, 2014, 3:03 PM

Just like last year, this will be a good one to watch. Keep an eye on our LBs. More to them than you think.

Wasn't that Hererroreror flip flopping and winded?

Jul 4, 2014, 3:24 PM

In just the 1st half last year? Hope Richt cleans that dirty play up. I don't think the ACC officials will allow that dirty stunt this time around

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be SEC refs. UGA doesn't do the other conf refs***

Jul 5, 2014, 8:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny. What's also funny is that I've seen dozens of dawgs

Jul 4, 2014, 10:23 AM

this week wearin' their gear and as soon as they see my Clemson hat and shirt they just turn their eyes away and try to avoid me. Last year this time they couldn't wait to tell me how they were gonna whup us. Maybe you need to send them your data. They seem worried to me.

Comparing rb's vs rb's, wr's vs wr's, is rather silly.

Jul 4, 2014, 1:52 PM

The comparison is our defense vs their offense, and vice versa.

Based on past results, last years's game and other comparative games, I'd say there is a lot of comparable talent all over the field.
Both teams lost a lot on the OL. But Clemson's DL is the best group on the field, and will have the biggest advantage in the game.

Gurley is a monster, and is tough to stop. But he still needs blocking, and they still must be able to throw it.

Jul 5, 2014, 7:07 AM

Manafold,
This year's SC team will not be better than 2010 & 2011. Not even close. On offense I'm thinking your team will resemble Spurrier's teams with Blake Mitchell, Sydney Rice and Kenny McKinley and Mike Davis from 2005-06. The exceptions being 2014's Mike Davis is better but Shaq Roland is not quite as good as Rice was.

Defensively this may be SC's worst team since Brad Scott was in Columbia. Who is replacing Clowney, Quarles and Sutton? Who are your starting CB's? Teams gashed you with the run last year. This year they will do so with both the run and pass. Expect huge numbers to be put up against you. SC is a 8-4, 9-3 at best team. However that may win the lousy SEC East which will only get you another beat down in Atlanta to Auburn or Bama.

Re: funny imposter...you seem to know jack #### about Clemson!

Jul 5, 2014, 8:47 AM

Yet you bring up a bunch of nons & untested/proven thUGA players...? HTH?

You'd be better trying to pull that crap excuse for the following week & focus on beating the yard-birds after a loss to Clemson!

GO TIGERS!!!!

Jul 5, 2014, 8:24 PM

Disagree with WR being Equal. Ours are good but they return more starters than we do at that position.
QB: Clemson
RB: UGA
WR:UGA
OL:UGA
DL:Clemson
LB: UGA
DB: Clemson
ST: Clemson
Yeah UGA has home field. Thats the only reason its close. I got us by 8.

Replies: 89
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic