Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Strength Training
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,210

Clemson Strength Training

Aug 19, 2019, 12:46 AM

I don’t know if this has been said yet but the new documentary Westside vs the World talks about Louie Simmons gym that was the best for all powerlifters in the day. These dudes are insanely strong and the documentary has a few takes with Coach Batson. I’m guessing Clemson’s strength program took a lot of techniques and training ideas from these guys. Pretty good documentary if you guys have the time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Strength Training

Aug 19, 2019, 3:44 AM

Coach Batson is a 5 star S&C coach. Clemson is very fortunate to have him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 5:41 AM

I agree. I remember many a post from some expert TigerNetters calling for his ousting after their expert analysis of the most recent football shortfall. It is funny how after a loss, so many want to jump on a bandwagon because they know better than the coaches. I suppose we all have an opinion, but so many opinions are held with arrogance with no understanding that it COULD be wrong. Having said that, I agree he is good. ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 1:25 PM

I totally agree YOU could be wrong, but not me.

j/k I do agree we are blessed with an awesome coaching staff, across the board. Additionally, win or lose they are good men.

"You can win, win, win but if you're not equipping young men to be great husbands and fathers, you lose." Dabo-ism

Aug 19, 2019, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Strength Training ]

Wait a minute. wasn't it just like 5 years ago that most on here wanted to fire coach Batson. Because it appeared that our guys was being pushed around by the big boys. Now our team is one of the strongest and most physical teams in the country. What a world of difference it makes when the players buy into what he selling.

Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 10:22 AM

Is that the difference in now and then or players with better talent, genetics and attitude? I would say the improvement in the former 2 has made the biggest difference.

Aug 19, 2019, 9:23 AM

Yota,
I just watched the Westside documentary and am glad you posted this. I thought Batson was well spoken and smart to have invested time into learning Simmons training techniques. We have all seen how he feels about training at Clemson "they don't put championship rings on smooth hands". The sign of results is often shown by how many follow your lead. It is clear that the players buy into his training methods and the results speak for themselves. I kept imagining Gage as one of the guys in Westside who ruled the morning crew for a number of years. Go Tigers!

FIRE BATSON!!!!!***

Aug 19, 2019, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 10:46 AM

There probably is no better example of people talking outside of their wheelhouse than this on here. The problem is you can't explain things to people that don't know what they don't know, especially online. I tried back then to explain how Batson was held in very high regard in the S&C world, which fell on deaf ears. Mainly because a bunch of dudes that have zero experience felt that their analysis was correct. I hold the same cert he does, except Batsons is with distinction. That means something. Those people will hide under their rocks now though.

Aug 19, 2019, 1:27 PM

"There are none so deaf as those who don't want to listen, none so blind as those who don't want to see."

Thanks for the heads up

Aug 19, 2019, 2:01 PM

I need to watch this!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,210
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic