Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Rally with Barbara Bush and Jeb Bush
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,084

Clemson Rally with Barbara Bush and Jeb Bush

Feb 17, 2016, 10:46 AM

WHEN
Friday, February 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM (EST)

WHERE
Location will be sent around closer to event date - Clemson, SC

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/clemson-rally-with-barbara-bush-and-jeb-bush-tickets-21605292010

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok..will Da Donald be there?!

Feb 17, 2016, 11:04 AM

Haaaa!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a Jeb guy, but

Feb 17, 2016, 11:21 AM

for those of you who have the chance to meet Barbara, she's a wonderful human being. I've met her 3 times and have been thoroughly impressed each time.

Got a chance to meet her once when W was running.

Feb 17, 2016, 11:35 AM

She was a genuinely sweet lady.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Still is

Feb 17, 2016, 11:37 AM

Unless Obama offed her like he did Justice Scalia.

I was just assuming, has he not got that far down on the

Feb 17, 2016, 11:41 AM

list yet?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

obama worst president in modern history. I only hope the US can recover from his

Feb 17, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Still is ]

costly policies and political appointments. He has been answering to the big time Daly political machine out of Chicago.

And God help us if hillary is elected our next president. Will the clintons ever go away???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: obama worst president in modern history. I only hope the US can recover from his

Feb 17, 2016, 11:52 AM

In modern history? How about ever

Re: obama worst president in modern history. I only hope the US can recover from his

Feb 17, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to obama worst president in modern history. I only hope the US can recover from his ]

I know that it is the cause de'jur for Republican's to proclaim Obama is the worst of anything. Dems. hate on whoever the Rep. President is and Rep's hate on whoever the Dem. Pres. is. That's been going on for a century.

But 'worst ever'? Not even close. Look at history and you'll find much worse (A.Johnson, U.Grant, H.Hoover).

But since we're hear now and Republican's can't seem to agree on anything other than hate-speech I think it wise and fair to look at the accomplishments of the last Republican President:

1.) Used a false premise for going to war. We knew Sadaam had used gas on the Kurds in the 1990's so the idea of WMD's, even if they had existed wasn't grounds to enter into a ground war in the middle east. After successfully hammering Al-Queda in Afghanistan, he paused and shifted massive resources to invade Iraq. The U.S. invasion of Iraq is still considered illegal by the U.N.

2.) Ignoring the pre-9/11 attack memo. Weeks before the attack the CIA sent a memo to Bush's ranch in Texas while he was on vacation. It explicitly cited an imminent attack on the U.S. by Bin Laden. Bush ignored it.

3.) Mission Accomplished. After the initial assault on Iraq Bush declared 'Mission Accomplished" on a war that would last another decade-plus.

4.) Massive increase in Federal Deficit. While waging 2 wars that cost Trillions Bush cut taxes on the wealthy.

5.) Gifted the pharmaceutical companies by prohibiting CMS (Medicaid and Medicare), by law, from negotiating drug prices.

6.) Deregulation of Wall Street and the banks with the idea that it would boost the economy (trickle-down) which led to the catastrophic collapse of the US and Global financial systems. Not only did he cut funding for the SEC's enforcement division he also instructed the SEC to allow the banking system to go unregulated.

7.) No alternative energy plan or initiative. Insisted that Climate change doesn't exist (campaign debt to the Koch brothers) in spite of overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.

8.) Lack of sufficient body armour for U.S. troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because of budget constraints of fighting 2 wars simultaneously many servicemen's families literally looked to Ebay for sufficient equipment.

The list can go on and on. My point is that neither Bush or Obama are the worst ever. And that ultimately the issue isn't one of personalities but rather what the political system has devolved into. Most federal policy appears now to be determined by special interests and how much they 'donate' to political campaigns. The massive inflow of cash to politicians in the 5 years since the Supreme Courts (conservative) ruling i Citizens United has made the political parties almost indistinguishable from one another as they no longer answer to the electorate but rather to cash.

Politicians are people. People can be corrupted by money. History teaches this as does the Bible. American's need to stop putting so much emphasis on political parties and start paying attention to the system itself. If not, it's all going to go down.

Ask yourself this simple question: Do you believe that your elected officials really care what you think?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which of those 8 points

Feb 17, 2016, 3:19 PM

Is worse than any of these:

1. Losing the war in Iraq that was won, creating a power vacuum for ISIS.
2. Drawing a red line in the sand for Syria, then backing off like a #####.
3. Obamacare
4. Executive Order on amnesty that the courts found unconstitutional.

Not a Bush guy, but Obama has literally changed the way America is governed. From now on presidents will ask Congress for a law, and if they don't get it, they'll just do it anyway through executive order. We now basically live in a democratic dictatorship because he's wiped his ### with the constitution so often.

Re: Which of those 8 points

Feb 17, 2016, 3:48 PM

Actually you're making my point for me. But first let me address your list:

1.) The war in Iraq was never won...ever. On the creation of ISIS you can look to Paul Bremer who, under Bush, disbanded the Iraqi military which resulted in 500,000 military aged men-with weapons roaming the country without jobs or prospects. He also fired anyone and everyone who had ever belonged to the Bath party. Essentially shutting down every public service sector in Iraq from train engineers to sewer plants. And again, leaving all of those people jobless and pizzed off.

2.) He never should have drawn the line in the sand, it was stupid in the 1st place. But it would have been even worse had he followed thru on it.

3.) Not so fast. The Health Insurance companies have written exceptions to the Sherman Anti-Trust laws. This means they can legally collude and fix prices. They also are allowed to operate, against any common-sense free market theory, with designated state boundaries which only increases health insurance costs more. 26 Million people now have insurance that did not. What this means, and this is the most important, is that you and I don't have to subsidize their health care costs through increased health care bills. You must realize that 65% of ALL U.S. bankruptcies are because of medical bills. Obamacare has it's flaws but it's a start.

4.) He didn't propose Amnesty. What he proposed was to suspend deportations for illegal aliens who were parents of minor children who are legal citizens. This is temporary until a comprehensive immigration plan could be enacted by somebody....anybody. Ripping apart families is not a conservative, moral or Christian principle.

Ultimately though, the problem isn't Bush or Obama. People LOVE to get caught up in the 'my party is better than yours' and 'conservatives suck" or "liberals suck" while at the same time the money machine in Washington is taking away your vote. They choose who runs and we get to pick from among them.

Bush, Obama, Clinton.....don't matter. That's what is scary. Until the system is changed it's going to divide us and bankrupt us and kill our young men and women in stupid wars that benefit large corporations like Halliburton.

IMHO

tl;dr

Feb 17, 2016, 4:02 PM

I'm voting for Gary Johnson. Mostly because I don't like any of the candidates running on either side. But let's be clear, Obama has been the worst president in the history of the country. Worse than Carter. He has usurped way too much power, and racked up more debt than every president before him combined. If you think he's better than Bush, you're insane.

Re: tl;dr

Feb 17, 2016, 4:52 PM

You clearly haven't read very much history of our country. And further, you give Obama way too much credit. He CAN'T usurp power. What he's done is take advantage of a weak Republican party that can't decide who it is or who it represents beyond the far right-wing.

There are checks and balances in our government which provide a balance of powers. I'm not sure I understand your hatred for Obama beyond it's the fun thing to do nowadays.

And stop being such a baby. We can disagree, your opinion is as valuable as mine. I'm not insane, I'm rational and thoughtful and I honestly disagree with your pathological hatred for a man who doesn't know or care that you even exist. None of them care about you or me AFTER an election.

And that's the point you keep missing. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE PRESIDENT IS. The problem is that our country is being corrupted by cash.

amen ;)

I don't get the Republican hate for Jeb. He seems like a

Feb 17, 2016, 12:18 PM

likable, thoughtful, reasonable candidate. He would do well in the general election, unlike the two frontrunners. He just has no path to the nomination.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure there's really any hate

Feb 17, 2016, 12:23 PM

Just no one is excited by him. If people are going to go for an establishment quasi-conservative, they'll pull for Rubio because he's more polished.

If people want a creepy, slimy conservative who pedals his religion, they'll go for Cruz.

And if people enjoy beef jerky and pro wrestling, they'll go for Trump.

Bush doesn't really have a base.

Trump and Cruz are getting 60% of the vote consistently

Feb 17, 2016, 12:41 PM

in the Republican primaries, so it's going to be one or the other who gets the nomination. Rubio seems to be fading fast after that very unpolished debate performance. This could go down to the convention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rubio will do well in many states

Feb 17, 2016, 12:44 PM

When Bush and Kasich drop out, most of their support will go to Rubio. I don't see a way that Trump can lose this race, though. Which is why I'm on the Gary Johnson bandwagon, already.

Re: Trump and Cruz are getting 60% of the vote consistently

Feb 17, 2016, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Trump and Cruz are getting 60% of the vote consistently ]

Rubio won that debate IMO. He was much better than Cruz Trump or Bush. I gained alot of respect for him that night. Kasich did fairly well too.

Re: Trump and Cruz are getting 60% of the vote consistently

Feb 17, 2016, 3:49 PM

Kasich is the only one that doesn't scare the beejesus out of me.

Keep me posted on when it is so I can haul asss up.......

Feb 17, 2016, 12:21 PM

there from Atlanta - don't want to take any chances of missing that dynamic, forceful candidate when he speaks! He's not also bringing big brother and the rest of the family with him to give their "objective" opinions of how good a President he'll be?

Re: Clemson Rally with Barbara Bush and Jeb Bush

Feb 17, 2016, 12:21 PM

Not that I don't love Mom and less so Dad (he caused many of the problems we have today) but really, the only way he has a chance is to have his mother and father campaign for him ???? Get real.

I agree - it's a clear sign of desperation when a..........

Feb 17, 2016, 12:27 PM

candidate has to have his mother campaign for him - shows that he sees that the end is definitely near.

How many 4 and 5* recruits will be attending?

Feb 17, 2016, 5:04 PM

Anyone expected to make an announcement on this date?

Oh, and what's up, Bushes! How's Billy doing?

~JKB

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,084
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic