Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson/LSU 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Clemson/LSU 2020

Jun 25, 2020, 1:20 PM

I have tried to re-watch this referee-less abomination. They show it on SEC network every now and then. Even the announcers talked about all the non-calls. I know I'm a homer but come on man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just need to come to grips with the fact that, on that

Jun 25, 2020, 1:26 PM

night, LSU was the better team. Just like we were against Bama the previous year. LSU was an offensive juggernaut that neither us, nor anybody else figured out that year. But, the good news is that most of that offensive firepower is gone, the coaching of it is gone, and we are still here going forward. Anyone can be a one hit wonder, but it takes real talent to STAY on the charts, so to speak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...and I'll add that Trevor was the big story on our side

Jun 25, 2020, 2:00 PM

he just off and credit LSU for that but he missed on wide open guys time and time again in that game.

Re: Yep...and I'll add that Trevor was the big story on our side

Jun 25, 2020, 2:17 PM

No, Trevor wasn’t off as much as he was forced into a bad spot. Dave Aranda said after the game it got to the point they just put everyone into coverage because it because apparent Elliot wasn’t going to run the ball forcing Trevor to throw into coverages time and time again and typically double coverage. LSU was the better team that night no doubt but our play calling helped us absolutely none.

Good points...

Jun 30, 2020, 12:28 PM

but TL did miss several throws..the whole scheming plays into the mistakes but he was far from perfect...Elliott didnt throw the ball

Re: Clemson/LSU 2020

Jun 25, 2020, 1:45 PM

LSU was just the better team that night. I believe the physical Ohio State game wore on us for the title game.

Re: Clemson/LSU 2020

Jun 25, 2020, 2:09 PM

Don't want to hate on the kid because he had a pretty good year and career at Clemson but if we had better CB play from A.J. Terrell, I honestly believe we win that game.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn’t play up to our ability..they did (congrats)..

Jun 25, 2020, 2:30 PM

and yes, the tough Buckie game vs a super good & talented squad was a bruiser that probably took its toll on Clemson team..not so much for LSU vs their easier opponent (OK?).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We didn’t play up to our ability..they did (congrats)..

Jun 26, 2020, 12:23 AM

and yes, the tough Buckie game vs a super good & talented squad was a bruiser that probably took its toll on Clemson team..not so much for LSU vs their easier opponent (OK?).

Maybe CU needs to schedule tough teams week after week to get ready for the Playoffs.

For’20 only 1 ranked team all season will not help prepare.

I like you psy but try to be less boring with this stuff.

Jun 26, 2020, 12:54 AM

Sometimes you SEC guys read from a s-cript that is just lazy.

We scheduled two SEC teams. We can’t help that the ACC was weaker this year. But the previous year we manhandled Bama in the championship and suddenly it was because we were “well rested”. Now we lose and it’s because we weren’t tested.

The Ohio State game was a battle because it was a battle. If you watched it and don’t agree, you don’t know what you are watching, but I don’t think that’s the case. I don’t think Ohio State is why we lost against LSU though.

null

Get a new talking point.

Jun 30, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: We didn’t play up to our ability..they did (congrats).. ]

See you in the playoff soon...oh wait, no we won't.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic