Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson/Jawja Predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Clemson/Jawja Predictions

Mar 25, 2013, 3:23 PM

(This should get the Trolling Mutt fans....and even inbred Coots stirred up)

August 31st, 2013 Approx 11:15 Pm, Clemson, South Carolina
EsPin begrudgingly reports:

Clemson 34
Georgia 30

BRING IT MUTTS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

86 degrees at kickoff and about the same humidity***

Mar 25, 2013, 3:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOT and WET!***

Mar 26, 2013, 2:49 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson/Jawja Predictions

Mar 25, 2013, 3:40 PM

8 jawja defensive leg cramps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson by at least 10 and probably more.***

Mar 25, 2013, 3:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Longest 4th qtr ever played bc pups comming off the field

Mar 25, 2013, 4:49 PM

after every play.

Georgia defenders....

Mar 25, 2013, 4:56 PM

Dropping like flies late in the 4th!

And no temperature controlled Dome?? Oh my! Lol

Mar 25, 2013, 5:38 PM

77-3...... I kid, I kid.

I think it will be Clemson: 35 - Georgia: 27.

Mar 25, 2013, 8:46 PM

So are the tigers going to have to run 100 plays to beat a young UGA defense? I'd think it'd be just the opposite with the powerful clemson offense scoring at will....despite the fact Cu's replacing 5 on offense. it'll be funny watching all that orange squirm in their seats as UGA drives the ball up and down the field for 4 qters behind our entire returning oline. You will not stop Todd Gurley and as a result Murray will throw at will versus your inexperience secondary. just my two cents.

Mar 25, 2013, 10:43 PM

I think you are stupid

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Succinct, but true.***

Mar 26, 2013, 12:06 AM

If we won't be able to stop Gurley then why will Murray be

Mar 25, 2013, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/Jawja Predictions ]

passing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we won't be able to stop Gurley then why will Murray be

Mar 25, 2013, 11:51 PM

because we can.

I just re-read your post. You must not know much about our

Mar 26, 2013, 12:42 PM

offense.

We return 4 offensive linemen, we have experience at RB, same QB that beat LSU, we have experience returning at WR (yes losing Nuk will hurt but look for Sammy to have a breakout junior year much like Nuk had last year), and we also have experience returning at TE in Sam Cooper.

Our offense will be as much, or more, deadly as Georgia's will. The difference is we return much more on Defense and our secondary will be more experienced than UGAy's.

Not to mention it's a night game in the Valley after a whole Spring/Summer of trash talking. I'll go ahead and say this will probably be the loudest Death Valley has ever been this August.

Re: I just re-read your post. You must not know much about our

Mar 27, 2013, 9:30 AM

Didn't you look for Sammy to kick ### last season after an impressive freshman year? How'd that work out? Just saying everything you've predicted is mere speculation until they perform on the field. You are having to replace 35 tds in that offense you know. And spin it all you like but clemson's defense was not very intiminating at all last season and your secondary will be anything but imposing...especially in the season's 1st game. Cu has plenty of talent but to think you're going to pick up where the offense left off in the season's opening game is kinda homerish. There's going to be a learning curve for all those newbies.

Re: I just re-read your post. You must not know much about our

Mar 27, 2013, 9:37 AM

which newbies. hopper will be the only newbie. peake, bryant, humphries, howard and brooks all performed well last year. sammy will be sammy again. think we will still be able to move it a tad. fill us in on how you replace them 8 starters on defense.

You really can't read can you?

Mar 27, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I just re-read your post. You must not know much about our ]

Sammy missed games last year, that obviously meant Adam Humphries had to step in -> EXPERIENCE

Sam Cooper played a good bit last year and caught passes -> EXPERIENCE

Rod Mcdowell and D.J. Howard each have had carries and have very meaningful playing time -> EXPERIENCE

Charone Peake has played a good deal over his first two years and has made some clutch catches -> EXPERIENCE

The only position on offense we aren't returning a lot of experience is center.

So how is it that our offense isn't going to pick up where it left off, yet Georgia's is going to be all powerful from the get go?

As far as Sammy goes, here is Aaron Murray's stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480210/aaron-murray if you'll notice, he had a good freshman year, his stats went down his sophomore year, and he did better last year. It's called the sophomore slump.

I know you SEC fans are confident and all that, but don't be ignorant.

Re: If we won't be able to stop Gurley then why will Murray be

Mar 26, 2013, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: If we won't be able to stop Gurley then why will Murray be ]

"We"

Bought a shirt at Walmart and now you're a part of the team?

There's something in these hills.

Mar 26, 2013, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/Jawja Predictions ]

Todd Gurley better learn to bounce it outside. Clemson gave up next to nothing between the tackles last season, every run was when the guy beat our linebackers to the outside because the secondary couldn't make tackles. Gurley himself doesn't scare me much, it's Marshall and Gurley together because they are both very good and will have fresh legs all night long.

Mar 25, 2013, 9:15 PM

For some reason I thought the game was between the hedges. I figured you'd go in there and beat them. That should tell you what I expect now that I realize they're coming to your place. If your defense isn't better, I figure you beat them 89-88. If your defense is better, you beat them pretty badly.

Mar 26, 2013, 12:39 AM

I think the defense should be better in theory. We are losing Goodman who is a solid DE but he never really lit the world on fire (except against LSU, and if you watch the tapes he was just reading snap counts all night long.) But the secondary guys (Brewer, Hall, and Meeks) won't be a huge hit. I think our front 7 will be fine, it's our secondary I'm truly worried about. There are some playmakers back there but they just need to not burry their heads in their behind and actually make tackles and defend the ball in the air.

Hall, Brewer, and Meeks got a bad rep in defending the pass

Mar 26, 2013, 12:58 PM

but they were our 4th, 5th, and 6th leading tacklers respectively.

Honestly I think Alexander starts day one. His film shows he likes to hit and make tackles. Blanks was right behind Meeks in tackles so that makes me feel better.

Honestly, I think we see a big improvement from the defense next year. We saw what we did to LSU with a month to prepare, we will have this whole Spring, Summer, and Fall camp to prepare for UGA.

thats true, but, they just tackled the guys (sometimes),

Mar 26, 2013, 4:41 PM

after they had failed to cover the guys that the passes were completed to.

Mar 26, 2013, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/Jawja Predictions ]

Certainly the way you played LSU, especially on the last possession, should encourage you.

Mar 25, 2013, 9:33 PM

49-27 Georgia, an experienced offense will not be phased by a decent home field advantage at Clemson. Clemson will only score three after halftime while Georgia pulls away after halftime. Georgia defensively can match Clemson's athleticism on offense. Clemson's offense is more about athleticism than actual scheme. Clemson struggles defensively as Georgia's power running game will not be slowed down then Aaron Murray will do work off the play action.

How did LSU match up with our offense athleti...

Mar 25, 2013, 9:46 PM

sorry I caught a cramp.

Re: How did LSU match up with our offense athleti...

Mar 26, 2013, 1:44 PM

How did South Carolina match up with your athletic offense?

You must have trouble with reading comprehension, I believe

Mar 26, 2013, 1:51 PM

this thread is about the upcoming game where Clemson will play Georgia. This thread isn't about a game in the past.

Yet you're the one who brought up the LSU game in the past.***

Mar 26, 2013, 4:46 PM

Mar 26, 2013, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/Jawja Predictions ]

Yeah... I don't see that happening. Georgia is just so young on defense. They will have a good defense but it will take a game or two to get things gelled together and clicking. I don't see either team pulling ahead, it will probably be decided by a touchdown or less.

Mar 26, 2013, 1:47 PM

In all reality, this is a toss up game. We have not even had the spring games yet so it is really impossible to make an accurate prediction on any game, especially this one.

Mar 26, 2013, 3:07 PM

Oh so now it's a toss up? You're a ####### moron.

There's something in these hills.

Mar 26, 2013, 8:06 PM

Yes, a toss up does not mean that it will always be close. It could easily be a blowout for Clemson, sorry you do not know the definition of a "toss up"

Re: Re: Clemson/Jawja Predictions

Mar 25, 2013, 9:35 PM

Stoped that lsu "power" running game.

Mar 25, 2013, 9:38 PM

Clemson- eleventy billion
Georgia- sad

Mar 25, 2013, 9:44 PM

Ugga keels over from the heat along with a miriad of SEC leg cramps!!!

Mar 26, 2013, 12:32 AM

uga 38 clemson 24

That sounds about right. Probably in the general ball park.

Mar 26, 2013, 12:38 AM

Now just switch the teams.

Lol hard at you holding us to 24.***

Mar 26, 2013, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson/Jawja Predictions ]

get back to me in 5 months***

Mar 26, 2013, 12:38 AM

Mar 26, 2013, 12:48 PM

UGA is going to win

Mar 26, 2013, 6:42 PM

No need of a double posting of your trash. Nobody gives a chit what you think.

beat it mutt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

42 - 14 Clemson.

Mar 26, 2013, 1:00 PM

One of the most prolific offenses in the country going up against a depleted defense and a much improved Clemson defense going against a decent Ga running game that will be rendered null and void once Clemson runs up a big lead. Math doesnt add up well for the trailer park puppies.

Re: 42 - 14 Clemson.

Mar 26, 2013, 1:27 PM

You haven't seen UGA's offense. You won't stop Gurley and you won't Murray. We were 5 yards away from the national championship. We will defeat Clemson.

Re: 42 - 14 Clemson.

Mar 26, 2013, 2:09 PM

But can your defense stop Clemson? You lost what, 7 starters on defense right? How will you fix those holes. That's not a lot of time for that group to come together.

You were five yards away from a National Championship

Mar 26, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 42 - 14 Clemson. ]

APPEARANCE, and I think Murray screwed that up didn't he?

He still hasn't won a big game. The two good teams you beat last year (Florida and Nebraska), couldn't throw the ball for anything.

The ONE team you played that threw for more than 300 yards per game was Tennessee (315 yards per game) and they put 44 points on your defense, and that game was in Athens. We threw for 321.6 per game so what do you think will stop our offense?

5 yards away from the NC???

Mar 26, 2013, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: 42 - 14 Clemson. ]

You also got shut out by the coots!

5 Yards from the National Championship?

Mar 27, 2013, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: 42 - 14 Clemson. ]

That's some good tickets. What's that? Like 5 or 6 rows back?

Tigers 48-Midol Warriors 17***

Mar 26, 2013, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2013, 2:31 PM

Its gonna be an extremely close game. It all comes down to clemson slowing down gurshall. If georgia can have a lot of success on the ground and keep the ball away from clemson beorgia wins. If they dont clemson will be too much to handle on offense

Clemson 42 georgia 38

Re: Re: I just re-read your post. You must not know much about our

Mar 27, 2013, 9:38 AM

It was only 7 starters. Get it right. Haha.

Re: Re: Re: I just re-read your post. You must not know much about our

Mar 27, 2013, 9:41 AM

Actually it was 6. My bad.

Here is your depth chart as of 12/12/12 which is at the end

Mar 27, 2013, 11:49 AM

of the season: http://uga.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

You lose:
3/3 starters on the d-line (seniors)
2/4 starters at linebacker (left early for draft)
4/4 starters in the secondary (seniors)

By my count that is 9. You replace 9 starters on defense, including your whole d-line and secondary. How do you think that will work against an experienced, up-tempo offense?

Re: Here is your depth chart as of 12/12/12 which is at the end

Mar 27, 2013, 12:13 PM

You are correct. This is a tough order for UGA to fill. The question is how will the new "starters" gel as a team as most will be filled with Juniors, Sophmores, JC Transfers ... with a few early enrolles in line to compete. Many (other than the EEs) have significant playing time. As a Dawg fan we will have to wait and see ... we had tons of talent last year that never came together as a team. All I can do is hope at this time because this side of the matchups favor Clemson.

Mar 27, 2013, 12:32 PM

EE's ? Are they the electrical engineers ? Clemson should have you beat there too.

Mar 27, 2013, 12:39 PM

YES ... Just need to hack into the scoreboard to show more points for Georgia ...

Early Enrollees ... Georgia has 13 that are already enrolled and practicing. Some or freshmen and some are JC transfers.

None the less - nothing will be proven until our D hits the field. Too many question marks. Any thing else any Georgia fans say about the D will probably be classified as smack ...

Mar 27, 2013, 1:14 PM

DLine we lost two starters. Jenkins and Jones. Washington was not a full time starter. He split time with G. Smith. LBs we lost two. Jones and Ogletree. Two starters returning.Dbs we lost three. Rambo, Williams, and Commings. B. Smith lost his spot early in the season to Swann. So I guess thats seven. Either way it still sucks to replace that many guys. The only bright spot is that we return 6 guys that started at least two games or more. Vasser, Drew, Herrera, Jenkins, Swann, and Smith. Defense is definitely a big question mark though.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic