Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Club Beijing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Clemson Club Beijing

Nov 6, 2018, 6:40 PM

Is there such a thing? Chris Finnegan would like to watch the game with fellow Tigers this weekend. Given the kickoff time, this should make for an excellent reason to get drunk on baijiu first thing in the morning. Holla at ya boy if there’s a meet up spot.

Message was edited by: Chris Finnegan

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Club Beijing

Nov 6, 2018, 6:50 PM

If you get a bite on THAT one, you guys would be the most exclusive club on the planet... Good luck...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 6:53 PM

It's probably not happening. We people don't even watch that much American football here in China.
I personally use VPN and some "unofficial" channels to watch our tigers play.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:45 PM

Ni hao, ya'll

Tiger Orange is everywhere!

Nov 6, 2018, 10:51 PM

I'll be in Siem Reap, six hours away! We tried to start a credited Wyoming Clemson Club this summer and we couldn't find enough (think you need 50)....we made it to 12!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 4:01 AM

Man.... I fly from Hong Kong to Phnom Penh on 10th Nov, and will "TRY" to watch the game in my hotel... I'm not expecting much in terms of internet service in Cambodia, but fingers crossed... If you somehow manage to make it down to where I'm at, message me and we'll find a way to watch it together, on my laptop or phone or whatever.

Also, the following weekend I'll be in HCMC, so if you happen to be there, we can watch the next game there...PM if by some stroke of luck we'll be in the same area.

Enjoy your time, it's awesome to see all the other fellow Tigers who deal with VPN's and time zones!

Nov 7, 2018, 3:55 AM

Not sure how helpful it will be.

https://alumni.clemson.edu/international-clemson-alumni-representatives/

I'm one of the members in Hong Kong, but my phone number is out of date... I will email them to update it, but i'm going to be moving to London soon.

At least from a China perspective, it's not always easy to find a bar with games on. Also, the viewing time is brutal from Asia, the game this weekend will be 8am Sunday morning... good luck finding a bar open then.

When other Clemson fans were in Hong Kong, we would meet, but that was usually a very very small gathering. It stinks, but i wouldn't count on much, just ensure you can actually watch.

If you have WatchESPN access, make sure you have a VPN (the closer you are the beijing the more difficult it will be, the government does crack down on VPN's, so good luck)

i would also suggest you hit up reddit: r/cfbstreams (you may need a VPN for those from China, I can't really comment much as i'm not in the great firewall here in Hong Kong. Google/Facebook and all that works for us here.

Nov 7, 2018, 6:57 AM

You guys remind me of the three years I spent in Korea trying to keep up with Clemson and sports. Stay up all night with the 12 hour time difference watching and drinking. Go to work less than well rested. Good luck, guys.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic