Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Christmas present from my brother...awesome
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,720

Clemson Christmas present from my brother...awesome

Dec 26, 2019, 4:15 PM

He found my original Tiger Rag that we would take on the field to get autographs from the Tiger players in the late 70s/early 80s. I haven't seen it in nearly 40 years, but he found it recently and had it framed for me. How awesome is that!?!? Some of them include Lester Brown, Cliff Austin, Marvin Simms, Homer Jordan, Perry Tuttle, Jim Stuckey, Jeff Davis, Danny Ford, and of particular interest due to this week...Carlie Bauman #58. Brought back so many memories...thank you little brother!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Christmas present from my brother...awesome

Dec 26, 2019, 4:17 PM

We have several. I love those, Much better than the orange and white looking ones

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Met Lester Brown in 1990 when Asst Mgr at Office Depot in CLT & told staff he was..

Dec 26, 2019, 4:21 PM

A prolific player & runner @ Clemson and they looked at me crazy-like!

Ha..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Met Lester Brown in 1990 when Asst Mgr at Office Depot in CLT & told staff he was..

Dec 26, 2019, 4:27 PM

Small....but one of the best running backs in Tiger history.

Re: Met Lester Brown in 1990 when Asst Mgr at Office Depot in CLT & told staff he was..

Dec 26, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Met Lester Brown in 1990 when Asst Mgr at Office Depot in CLT & told staff he was.. ]

the Rubber Duck. Great player for us. Son went to NC St to play as I recall

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 5:10 PM

Remember when we played NC St and Ted Brown was hyped for the Heisman in '78 and the Clemson fans chanted , "Our Brown's better than your Brown!"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Met Lester Brown in 1990 when Asst Mgr at Office Depot in CLT & told staff he was.. ]

I saw Lester installed in the Inaugural Myrtle Beach High School Hall of Fame in October, He played for my Uncle, Doug Shaw. He was as humble then as he was when I met him in High School. He is a Die hard Clemson Tiger! He had a big smile when I said "Hello Rubber Duck". He said hadn't been called that in a long time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 5:44 PM

Wow - what a blast from the past.
Lester Brown: Great guy. I ran all the tailback reps one week cause Lester and I were the only uninjured tailbacks and the coaches didn't want to risk Lester getting injured. That was the best thing ever for a 4th or 5th stringer.
Cliff Austin: The best running back I have ever seen. Unfortunately he never did get completely over his knee injury. Always guarded it, but when he forgot about it in practice he would rip off runs that would make ETN proud.
Marvin Simms: "Tippy" was a gentle giant. After I switched to DB I used to give him grief for putting him flat on his back in a scrimmage in the Valley (Me, a 160 lb white boy 3rd stringer).
Homer Jordan: About the most humble person I have ever known. He quietly won the quarterback competition and Coach Ford fortunately had the foresight to choose him over a couple of other really talented quarterbacks. An aside: Andy Headen had massive potential at quarterback and the quarterback coaches kept trying him there, but he had terminal fumble-itis so they switched him to defense - where he was the Isiah Simmons precursor.
Perry Tuttle: Extroverted, talkative, fun person - a little vain but not arrogant. I learned a lot from trying to defend him. He was great at faking with his eyes; e.g., shifting his eyes one direction and instantly cutting in a different direction.
Jim Stuckey: Got a lot of bruises from him and Jeff Davis the week I was running the reps in place of Lester. He dated a girl from my hometown (Calhoun Falls) and she relayed to me that he said that I was one tough scrawny little #@%^#.
Jeff Davis: When I was still on offense, my first run with the ball in a scrimmage in the Valley was a "Right tight 42/43" and I got introduced to Jeff Davis. Saw stars, then blackness. On the sideline I asked what happened. They said, "Jeff Davis". I later saw him one night in The Book Club. He called me over and told me I was a tough little Home Boy.
Charlie Bauman: Solid blue collar player. Don't have any funny stories. Everybody knows the Woody Hayes punch.
Danny Ford: What you see is what you get. He really was a down home country boy. Which was fine by me, a farm boy. He was great at putting players in the right positions - especially Homer Jordan and Andy Headen. He wasn't eloquent but he did motivate and get his message across. His favorite saying was, "Get quicker. We got to get quicker every day."
Terry Kinard: OMG. Terry was a freshman and after about his first 5 or 6 plays in a scrimmage I said "That's an All American right there."
Best memory (besides running down the Hill for the first time): Scout team kicking butt the whole week before our home opener (Maryland I think). One day we rode onto the practice fields on fire engines with sirens screaming and lights flashing. We got off and lined up across the sideline and mooned the starters. Then we kicked their butts in the scrimmage. After the Maryland game (which we won), Coach Ford thanked the scout team for getting our team ready.

Dec 26, 2019, 6:32 PM

Very cool post, thanks !

Dec 26, 2019, 5:47 PM

Wow - what a blast from the past.
Lester Brown: Great guy. I ran all the tailback reps one week cause Lester and I were the only uninjured tailbacks and the coaches didn't want to risk Lester getting injured. That was the best thing ever for a 4th or 5th stringer.
Cliff Austin: The best running back I have ever seen. Unfortunately he never did get completely over his knee injury. Always guarded it, but when he forgot about it in practice he would rip off runs that would make ETN proud.
Marvin Simms: "Tippy" was a gentle giant. After I switched to DB I used to give him grief for putting him flat on his back in a scrimmage in the Valley (Me, a 160 lb white boy 3rd stringer).
Homer Jordan: About the most humble person I have ever known. He quietly won the quarterback competition and Coach Ford fortunately had the foresight to choose him over a couple of other really talented quarterbacks. An aside: Andy Headen had massive potential at quarterback and the quarterback coaches kept trying him there, but he had terminal fumble-itis so they switched him to defense - where he was the Isiah Simmons precursor.
Perry Tuttle: Extroverted, talkative, fun person - a little vain but not arrogant. I learned a lot from trying to defend him. He was great at faking with his eyes; e.g., shifting his eyes one direction and instantly cutting in a different direction.
Jim Stuckey: Got a lot of bruises from him and Jeff Davis the week I was running the reps in place of Lester. He dated a girl from my hometown (Calhoun Falls) and she relayed to me that he said that I was one tough scrawny little #@%^#.
Jeff Davis: When I was still on offense, my first run with the ball in a scrimmage in the Valley was a "Right tight 42/43" and I got introduced to Jeff Davis. Saw stars, then blackness. On the sideline I asked what happened. They said, "Jeff Davis". I later saw him one night in The Book Club. He called me over and told me I was a tough little Home Boy.
Charlie Bauman: Solid blue collar player. Don't have any funny stories. Everybody knows the Woody Hayes punch.
Danny Ford: What you see is what you get. He really was a down home country boy. Which was fine by me, a farm boy. He was great at putting players in the right positions - especially Homer Jordan and Andy Headen. He wasn't eloquent but he did motivate and get his message across. His favorite saying was, "Get quicker. We got to get quicker every day."
Terry Kinard: OMG. Terry was a freshman and after about his first 5 or 6 plays in a scrimmage I said "That's an All American right there."
Best memory (besides running down the Hill for the first time): Scout team kicking butt the whole week before our home opener (Maryland I think). One day we rode onto the practice fields on fire engines with sirens screaming and lights flashing. We got off and lined up across the sideline and mooned the starters. Then we kicked their butts in the scrimmage. After the Maryland game (which we won), Coach Ford thanked the scout team for getting our team ready.

Dec 26, 2019, 7:25 PM

My whole family just enjoyed reading your post...thanks for sharing!

Dec 26, 2019, 7:21 PM

So I put my reading glasses on to take a closer look..any are pretty faded from the years...Dale Hatcher, William Perry, Donald Igwebuike, Terrance Flagler, Reggie pleasant, Kendall Alley, Jeff McCall, Chuck mcswain, Vandell Arrington. Can y'all tell I'm excited & taking a trip down memory lane???

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,720
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic