Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Camp Review: Leonard to Clemson?? Smith to Clemson??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Clemson Camp Review: Leonard to Clemson?? Smith to Clemson??

Jun 25, 2013, 3:31 PM

QT at STS seems to think that Leonard will pick between us and FSU and that we are in the lead right now. Anyone else hearing this??

Also saying that DJ Smith will most likely be a Tiger.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2013/6/24/4449920/clemson-recruiting-round-up-clemson-camp-part-2

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if sts is right...

Jun 25, 2013, 3:34 PM

it'll be the first time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QT doesn't have an agenda and is a cool dude

Jun 25, 2013, 3:38 PM

and he knows is stuff. He's spot on about most prospects and his articles are always very detailed and accurate.

we've been down this road before drobins. i always enjoy

Jun 25, 2013, 3:40 PM

your thoughts on recruiting, but there is no doubt in my mind QUACKINGtiger is agenda based/targeted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd agree except he's yet to be wrong on the subject

Jun 25, 2013, 3:48 PM

To this point players that he's felt were Clemson leans committed at least for a time and he seems to know a lot about things that aren't public knowledge.

Trust me I'm well aware that STS has their own agendas about Clemson but they do have their articles that are good to read.

fair enough. we all have our opinions, i respect yours &

Jun 25, 2013, 3:51 PM

your 'truth', just don't agree with it.

i read the article since it was linked. i didn't see anything that couldn't have been obtained from clemsoninsider.

As I respect yours as well

Jun 25, 2013, 4:04 PM

Trust me I have my issues with STS but do enjoy reading their game reviews and recruiting updates. Anything pertaining to our staff and their decisions I stay away from because that's where they go from being unbiased to sharing their opinions.

i almost let the op go w/out comment, i wish i had now...

Jun 25, 2013, 4:11 PM

really didn't mean to create a shitstorm; not this time anyway.

:)

have a great one drobins.

I RA'd all of your posts, so maybe Crump will delete all of

Jun 25, 2013, 4:17 PM

your mindless banter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^That's the first sensible thing anyone has said in

Jun 25, 2013, 4:20 PM

this thread

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

if it wasn't for bob's sensible post, yours would have taken

Jun 25, 2013, 4:23 PM

the top spot. i could 'off' him for a price?

Re: ^^^That's the first sensible thing anyone has said in

Jun 25, 2013, 4:24 PM [ in reply to ^^^That's the first sensible thing anyone has said in ]

Something on Tet is sensible?... I question that.

pretty sure tet was offensive...

Jun 25, 2013, 4:25 PM

hth.

Re: pretty sure tet was offensive...

Jun 25, 2013, 4:27 PM

Sorry to use an alternate spelling of something you have not seen on a female... GWP does not count.

my mom didn't take the tet away until my early 30s...***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:29 PM

Re: my mom didn't take the tet away until my early 30s...***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:56 PM

I sit corrected... you have seen a tet on a female then... I told your mom to stop letting you suckle... it will mess you up later in life. Boy was I right.

yeah, got married when i was 32...

Jun 25, 2013, 5:01 PM

it got a little awkward for the wife.

Re: yeah, got married when i was 32...

Jun 25, 2013, 5:06 PM

Were you sking here why she is dry when your mom still produces?

I still like Dabo and our S&C program.***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I'd agree except he's yet to be wrong on the subject ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still like Dabo and our S&C program.***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:16 PM

Our changing S&C program?? I like the changes for sure. Hogan has brought in new life.

i'm glad clemson continues to support swinney, batson &

Jun 25, 2013, 4:41 PM

all with the needed $s to expand their program, staffs, facilities & offering.

the more hands on deck the merrier to help bring dabo's[& his lts'] plan to fruition.

Re: i'm glad clemson continues to support swinney, batson &

Jun 25, 2013, 5:41 PM

I think this is a major strength that Dabo has brought to the program. He was dead on that support staff is part of the new arms race in college football.

Dabo is good buddies with Batson, so we all know he isn't going to fire him. Lets not kid ourselves though--the hiring of Hogan was because Chad Morris wanted someone to specifically work with our Offensive lineman because the current S&C wasn't cutting it.

I absolutely give Dabo credit for beginning to reform S&C. Could things go faster by retiring Batson? Sure. But sometimes baby steps are most prudent.

not at all; the staff increases were part of what dabo

Jun 25, 2013, 5:55 PM

asked for from the start, long before morris was even a blip. in fact, he was miffed when some that were initially promised weren't given immediately as committed to.

morris brought 100 plays a game to the table, hunh from huaw for the call to be changed at the los.

no doubt, duh, things needed to change as it was a completely different monster. that's just good business & batson is exactly the experienced strength professional to design what was needed.

more staff only helps implement it; that's good business too.

Nobody on STS has a clue about football...

Jun 25, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to QT doesn't have an agenda and is a cool dude ]

they watch 3-5 minute youtube clips and think they are experts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't feel this is true

Jun 25, 2013, 4:07 PM

When they write articles that have little to do with their opinions on something their very informative in terms of teh Xs and Os of football and those are the things I enjoy reading.

It is true, you don't have to accept that, but it's true….

Jun 25, 2013, 4:29 PM

none the less. Those guys are hacks, they are completely clueless. They have no sources around Clemson athletics, and they don't know the first thing about football.

Don't tell me you're not smart enough to realize that they..

Jun 25, 2013, 4:31 PM [ in reply to I don't feel this is true ]

are cutting and pasting from books that football coaches have written.

If you feel that way then we'll agree to disagree***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:41 PM

They were right about Dabo and the Big 12 move.

Jun 25, 2013, 4:00 PM [ in reply to if sts is right... ]

You can't be right all the time. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha, did you stop by just to stir the pot?***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:02 PM

Stir, I thought we were gonna smoke it?

Jun 25, 2013, 4:04 PM

Plenty of pot head around, somebody must have a baggie full.

gwp, lbu & bob done smoked it all...

Jun 25, 2013, 4:08 PM

dave's pissssed.

Re: if sts is right...

Jun 25, 2013, 4:12 PM [ in reply to if sts is right... ]

Go back and read all of QT's stuff. He doesn't just throw crap out to see if it will stick. I can remember a bunch of times that Clemsoninsider has been wrong (well had to back-track on things. I like Robert's site too but you are off base if you say that QT just grabs from him.

QT is conservative on what he calls as definite and yes his name is Quackingtiger but if you read his rationale for the name--he puts himself between being a homer and a dabo-hater. A critical Clemson recruiting observer. I haven't seen him get anything wrong and I have been reading for a year now. Just my 2 cents.

They had good info last year about Lawson wanting to commit but then the former Georgia D-line coach, (i forget his name) buying them out, for example.

Re: Clemson Camp Review: Leonard to Clemson?? Smith to Clemson??

Jun 25, 2013, 3:53 PM

Both of those are true. But I would take the Leonard news with a grain of salt as his "dream school" is FSU, and he has not visited them yet but will soon before he makes his decision.

He has multiple quotes out there saying that the reason clemson took the lead is because he has seen the place unlike FSU.

DJ Smith was rumored to be a Clemson South Carolina battle, South Carolina is about to fill up at DB with Al Harris Jr.

Our only competition with DJ will now be UT.

QT saying we currently lead for Leonard

Jun 25, 2013, 4:06 PM

Well I guess my headline is misleading. QT is saying we currently lead and barring something major from FSU then he will pick Clemson.

Dr. B is saying Smith to Clemson.

Auburn's bagman is Rod Gardner I believe***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:17 PM

STS also thought LSU was going to blow us out***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:03 PM

What did you expect with our mickey mouse S&C program?

Jun 25, 2013, 4:05 PM

disclaimer:

Their opinion not mine.

Has Dabo been fired yet. Mike Leach and Lane Kippen ask?***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:06 PM

That is not QT and their recruiting coverage

Jun 25, 2013, 4:15 PM

got to treat the different writers differently I think. Dr. B has said some things that haven't turned out to be true.

I think he was pushing for the training table for a long time and changes to S&C that have happened with the hiring of Hogan and the new guy. If everything was so great that wouldn't have happened.

Also no one thought we would beat LSU really so hard to hold that against them.

I knew we were going to beat LSU, oh yee of little faith***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:27 PM

Re: I knew we were going to beat LSU, oh yee of little faith***

Jun 25, 2013, 4:35 PM

Just saying a lot of people were of little faith. I hoped but wouldn't have bet money on it.

Leonard would be the one...***

Jun 25, 2013, 5:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic