Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Other Sports Update: Clemson Rowing ACC Championships Preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,309

Other Sports Update: Clemson Rowing ACC Championships Preview

Apr 17, 2012, 2:59 PM

Clemson Rowing ACC Championships Preview

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're a rowing school now***

Apr 17, 2012, 3:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've been a rowing school

Apr 18, 2012, 4:50 PM

The rowing team has been pretty competitive for the last five or so years. We won the ACC championship a few years back, and were the first team ever to break Virginia's uninterrupted stranglehold on championships (they had something like 6-7 in a row).

The only reason I know this is from being on the club team next door to the women's varsity program. We've been rowing in Clemson since 1988, though, so we've been a rowing school.

Clemson ALSO needs to start a D-1 Varsity ...

Apr 17, 2012, 3:54 PM

Lacrosse program (fastest growing sport in the U.S.) AND

A Women's Softball Team!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson ALSO needs to start a D-1 Varsity ...

Apr 17, 2012, 4:04 PM

I think those will be the next two sports added. Clemson did a very good job starting the rowing program and providing everything they needed to compete. Hopefully we will do the same with the Golf program and in the future Softball and Lacrosse.

null

Re: Clemson ALSO needs to start a D-1 Varsity ...I'm sorry

Apr 17, 2012, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Clemson ALSO needs to start a D-1 Varsity ... ]

lacrosse isnt even a real sport. it is a cleverly disguised way to beat people from other schools you dont like with sticks. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never say never but you're not likely to see

Apr 18, 2012, 9:58 AM

lacrosse here except maybe on a club level. They recruit mainly from the northeast and prep school types and probably aren't interested in us. Softball is another thing though as we could eventually be very competitive on a national level. No telling how many great high school softball players want to come to Clemson but can't-just like ladies golf was. Golf was an easy fix but softball is way more expensive all the way around when you consider facilities etc. Clemson should have a softball program-maybe someday it will happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never say never but you're not likely to see

Apr 19, 2012, 11:03 AM

I understand that lacrosse is repaidly growing in SC public High Schools. In Virginia, Lacrosse is a very common in the public high schools. Yes, Lacrosse USE TO BE a "prep school sport", but that is rapidly changing.

http://www.maxpreps.com/state/lacrosse/south-carolina.htm

Message was edited by: hooters®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic