Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson / Georgia "Rival" Revocation & Replacement PETITION
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Clemson / Georgia "Rival" Revocation & Replacement PETITION

Nov 27, 2017, 3:52 PM

Clemson University and the University of Georgia are both excellent academic institutions that also excel as elite national powerhouses in football. Less than 100 miles apart, the similarities between the two schools and historical prominence in football should make for a natural rivalry.
Unfortunately, both schools are burdened with "Rivals" that stretch the definition of "Rivalry" itself. While impressive academically, Georgia Tech lacks the passion, talent or commitment to compete with Georgia. South Carolina is... well... just South Carolina.

It's time to move past "beating up on little brother" and establish a true "Rivalry" between two great universities and fanbases that deserve a respectable rival. Please sign this petition to revoke and replace our current "rivals" with a truly worthy opponent.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND FORWARD TO YOUR CLEMSON/UGA FRIENDS

https://www.change.org/p/clemson-georgia-rival-revocation-replacement?recruiter=837918568&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Petition results will go to Presidents, ADs and coaches at UGA and Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we dump the dirt peckers?***

Nov 27, 2017, 3:55 PM

We've dumped them four years in a row now.

Nov 27, 2017, 4:06 PM

History man, we can't give up history. We have to live with these people and some are family and friends. This is a mindless exercise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've dumped them four years in a row now.

Nov 27, 2017, 4:33 PM

It would never happen. But it would be the most epic disrespect for Clemson and UGA to agree to be end of season rivals, forcing GT and SCar to do the same.

Sucks that GT is the set divisional ACC rival for Clemson. And I don't know for sure, but I think that's the same for SCar with UGA.

I would personally vote to simultaneously tell our "rivals" to go pound sand. Man that would be epic. But unfortunately, that will never happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a rivalry upgrde

Nov 27, 2017, 3:59 PM

because while I HATE the dogs, USuC just disgusts me

No, we need to spread our OOGs around.

Nov 27, 2017, 4:05 PM

First off, Clemson is somewhere between UGA and Harvard in measures not related to geography. Georgia isn't an excellent academic institution.

We're not about to give up one of the oldest rivals in history. Our out of conference games can't all be spent like that. We need variety in the SEC and IMO, we should be scheduling Big 12 and B1G teams in the mix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, we need to spread our OOGs around.

Nov 27, 2017, 10:35 PM

"Clemson is somewhere between UGA and Harvard in measures not related to geography. Georgia isn't an excellent academic institution."

Yikes, let's pump the breaks man. Clemson is relatively equal with Georgia and not on the same planet as Harvard. I love Clemson too, but let's not go crazy.

The tiger paw should be on top.***

Nov 27, 2017, 4:25 PM

Re: Clemson / Georgia "Rival" Revocation & Replacement PETITION

Nov 27, 2017, 4:25 PM

I couldn't pull up the letter; however, I would never agree to doing away with USC as our rival, and I don't think others will either. I would agree to playing UGA as a frequent team on our schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb "Rival" Revocation & Replacement PETITION

Nov 27, 2017, 4:36 PM

Nov 27, 2017, 5:26 PM

You people that think this would be seriously considered need to lighten up. If enough sign the petition it would be hilarious to see it go viral and end up on FGF or a discussion topic on radio. Just sign the petition if you hate the ##### as much as I do.

Also, anyone with access to the UGA boards, please share the link.

Nov 27, 2017, 5:26 PM

You people that think this would be seriously considered need to lighten up. If enough sign the petition it would be hilarious to see it go viral and end up on FGF or a discussion topic on radio. Just sign the petition if you hate the ##### as much as I do.

Also, anyone with access to the UGA boards, please share the link.

Nov 27, 2017, 5:28 PM

The only time I lived in SC was when I was fortunate enough to attend & graduate from Clemson. Even I understand the importance of this rivalry and it's historical importance. Do you really want to give up a 100 yr plus tradition. Nope. Never. Too Much Fun.

I hate UGA but don't they kind of own us historically?

Nov 27, 2017, 6:25 PM

I think we could beat them 60% of time moving forward if we play them at the end of the year. But I checked the current stats and its Georgia leads 42–18–4. Heck vs GT Series: Georgia leads 66–41–5.

I am however all for it.

Re: I hate UGA but don't they kind of own us historically?

Nov 27, 2017, 7:46 PM

This is the second longest continous rivalry in college football. Only Wisconsin and Minnesota are ahead of this one. Why give up a tradition such as this, although I dislike those idiots as much as anyone. Can't see it happening anytime in the near future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 10:13 PM

20 signatures... we can do better Clemson fans. The goal is 100.

No way man!

Nov 27, 2017, 10:19 PM

This would mean we'd have to miss the playoffs to have any chance of meeting those clowns, in a lower tier bowl, and handing them a bestdown.

UGA refuses to play us for the for see able future***

Nov 27, 2017, 10:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done!***

Nov 28, 2017, 6:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive