Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson

Dec 27, 2017, 2:53 PM

Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson

Alabama has arrived in New Orleans and is preparing for a “difficult” College Football Playoff seminal against top-ranked Clemson. No. 4 Alabama arrived first Wednesday and head coach Nick Saban spoke briefly to the media Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson

Dec 27, 2017, 3:08 PM

A very subdued Nicky, IMO. Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall. ;)

YeP...I'm 110% sure Bammer

Dec 27, 2017, 3:35 PM

will lose to a better & more focused Clemson Team!

IMHO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson

Dec 27, 2017, 3:46 PM

"It comes down to what do you want to accomplish and what you are willing to do to do make it happen."

Subtle hints of targeting? Watch out guys!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 4:47 PM

> "It comes down to what do you want to accomplish and
> what you are willing to do to do make it happen."
>
> Subtle hints of targeting? Watch out guys!

"Subtle hints of targeting" Let's not get carried away . Saban isnt that kind of coach and Alabama is not that kind of team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 5:39 PM

I would not go that far thinking .. "targeting"..
But I so think KB better be prepared for some hard hits and attempts at making KB keep that "Deer in the headlight" look.
I am more suspicious of Saban and his sudden fru-fru flattery. I seriously smell a rat with that fluff.

Dec 27, 2017, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson ]

You’re right. Saban doesn’t do subtle. He’ll just say “take that ############# head off!”

Clear cheap shot

Dec 27, 2017, 6:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Il1cYhNyN4

Here's another at about 38 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg4AYdwNrU8

Bama is taught to lead with their helmet into the opposing player's helmet.

That's okay, we will still beat that azzzz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clear cheap shot

Dec 27, 2017, 6:15 PM

The first one is a clean hit...

Dec 27, 2017, 9:48 PM

Really...didn't know crown of helmet to face mask of helmet is not considered helmet to helmet leading with the crown (i.e. targeting)...must be some different football rules than NCAA's at whatever school you pull for.

Don't seem to see any other part of his body touching first...guess you do??

Dec 27, 2017, 10:19 PM

Look up the rules, targeting is only helmet to helmet on a DEFENLESS PLAYER, he's running with the ball in the open field.

Dec 28, 2017, 1:53 AM

Looks like you need to heed your own words...targeting with the crown (rule 9-1-3) is separate from targeting a defenseless player (9-1-4).
http://amarefs.org/FR16.pdf

PROTECTION OF DEFENSELESS
PLAYERS AND CROWN-OF-
HELMET ACTION—
In 2008, the committee introduced a separate rule
prohibiting forcible contact with the helmet and targeting a defenseless
opponent. These actions are now in two rules: Targeting and Making
Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet (Rule 9-1-3)
and Targeting
and Making Forcible Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player
(Rule 9-1-4). Use of the helmet as a weapon and intentional (targeted)
contact to the head or neck area are serious safety concerns. The penalties
for fouls under both 9-1-3 and 9-1-4 include automatic disqualification.
The committee continues to emphasize that coaches and officials must be
diligent to insure that players understand and abide by these rules.
Rule 2-27-14 defines and lists characteristics of a defenseless player.

RULE 9

ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact to Head
or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player

ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head
or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Dec 28, 2017, 2:59 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOCDD8LgPeg

Watch the whole video, the official explains it wasn't targeting because he wasn't defenseless.
Or take the Mike Williams hit for an example, the reason targeting wasn't called on that play is because the officials thought he already got his head turned around, therefore not targeting.

Dec 27, 2017, 3:47 PM

Tigers will be ready to play this most important game of the year, the next one. Saban and the Tide have been great. We'll just be greater Mondaym

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 5:56 PM

C - L - E - M ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 27, 2017, 9:16 PM

Happy to hear Sabin making excuses about the injuries on defense that "He is sure everyone is aware of." Do I sense a lack of confidence Nicky boy?

Message was edited by: timberbear®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 9:20 PM

Nicky boy?

Dec 27, 2017, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson ]

Saban is getting to be quite the “Whiner”!

Yeah tbear, that’s Li’l Nicky to you...

Dec 27, 2017, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bama arrives in New Orleans preparing for "difficult" game against Clemson ]

.... only Dabo and the team can call him their boy!

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic