Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ole JC Shurbert has the coots fired up lol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Ole JC Shurbert has the coots fired up lol

Aug 18, 2015, 10:05 AM

I'm a member of the clemson247 board and went over to the big spur to see what they're saying today. He basically wrote an entire article saying how good their defense would be this year. Hoke has them turned around. They have depth now yada yada yada. Then in the comments he says that they have a chance to be in the top half of the league in defense this year. He said they win in between 4-10 games. He then said he doesn't think it's just because they are going against their sub-par offense in practice lol. Well considering they haven't went against anybody else this offseason, where else would he get that idea? Boy they must be hurting for subscriptions over there. I can't wait for them to go 6-6 again this year. But if there defense doesn't crack the top 5 in the SEC then they may not win that many!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to enjoy two weeks from Thursday a LOT***

Aug 18, 2015, 10:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

JC Shurbert is a CootAid swilling moron and Capon homer.....

Aug 18, 2015, 10:30 AM

The next time he writes something about $CU that isn't riddled with grandiose delusions, over-
exaggerated optimism, and is even remotely objective will be the first time.

That Jock Strap bandwagon is going to have a lot more room on it after 9/3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: JC Shurbert is a CootAid swilling moron and Capon homer.....

Aug 18, 2015, 11:04 AM

lol biggie. I admire your ability to believe anything it takes to hate your rival more.

He spent all last year telling everyone how bad our defense would be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

He doesn't really know

Aug 18, 2015, 11:08 AM

And he showed it by saying 10 was the ceiling and 4 was the floor.

That's a wide gap. But I think his hunch is somewhere in the middle of 6-8 wins.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

5....been my number since I saw their schedule. No bowl.***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classless of 09'

Aug 18, 2015, 12:14 PM [ in reply to He doesn't really know ]

You and your team are staring straight down the barrel of a 5, maybe 6 win season.

Lose that one to the lowly ACC team to start the year and you're looking at 4 wins.

I think the blue bellies cut your chickens necks by 10 or more

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Never argue with an idiot....

Aug 18, 2015, 12:19 PM

They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classless of 09'

Aug 18, 2015, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Classless of 09' ]

That's the it's not looking good if you expect us to play like we did last year.

However, last year this time we looked like a top 10 team. So I'm going to wait a couple games before proclaiming to know how the season will go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At no point last year did y'all look like a Top 10 team

Aug 19, 2015, 12:44 AM

you effing idiot

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2015, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Classless of 09' ]

> That's the it's not looking good if you expect us to
> play like we did last year.
>
> However, last year this time we looked like a top 10
> team. So I'm going to wait a couple games before
> proclaiming to know how the season will go.

I am not one to throw invective and curse at opposing fans like some of these fellas, and pencil me into the group that thinks just because you happen to root for an opposing team we do not have some blood feud going like warring ethnic groups.

That said, fanboyism runs rampant in sporting communities. And whatever was wrong with the defense last year is likely going to take a lot more than one year and an infusion of JUCO's to fix.

Sometimes you get lucky with JUCO's, granted, and you do wind up with a guy who is capable of instantly starting and making an impact. More often you find out what got the kid into junior college for two years to begin with...and it's usually a lack of work ethic or character, or both, and because of that and the fact that a kid has been playing at a much lower level of competition, with much less physical development and less structured coaching, that the guy you just signed who has just 2 years left is still more than two years away from making an impact. Most JUCO's simply never work out...and then you've got a whole new problem, because it makes a mess of roster management.

I think Hoke is without question an upgrade on Whammy, and Carolina does return a bunch of starters off last year's (very bad) defense...so some improvement seems likely. But top half of the SEC? That's a big jump...considering the Gamecocks were, what, 120th in the country or some such last year? When Clemson's D tanked in 2011 it took more than two years to really rebuild.

On the flip side, the offense has been utterly decimated, losing its starting QB, RB, left tackle and several other guys, including OG AJ Cann. The Gamecocks have had a huge OL the last few years...in the Spring Game, it was notably smaller, and much less athletic and looked...well, dreadful. There's also some glaring red warning signs South Carolina simply doesn't have a starting-caliber QB right now, just a bunch of at-best lukewarm options.

I see an overall talent level that's down significantly even from last year...and last year a bunch of the old guard were eyeballing Carolina's roster wondering where all its great defensive players had gone. This year I still really don't see more than 1-2 impact guys on the D, and other than Pharoah Cooper and RT Brandon Shell, I see a bunch of guys who are well off what South Carolina has had on offense lately as well.

From the outside looking in, it's grim...what am I missing that would allow South Carolina to break .500 this year? Because on paper I only see 4-5 wins, max.

Aug 19, 2015, 9:04 AM

You're missing the fact you may be wrong.

I'm not here to argue we will win 10 games. I was just pointing out Biggie was just creating another reason for himself to justify hating all things gamecock related.

Aug 19, 2015, 10:53 AM

He's asking you how is he wrong?????? Your answer is ? well I huh we could be huh

We have Slurrier

Message was edited by: armsb®

Aug 19, 2015, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Classless of 09' ]

" I was just pointing out Biggie was just creating another reason for himself to justify hating all things gamecock related. "

' Not that there's anything wrong with that... '

Aug 19, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Classless of 09' ]

Insightful post

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Classless of 09' ]

When in the h3ll did you look like a top 10 team last year? preseason polls LMAO at you coot 09 you are a gem

Yeah, this time last year. Then you played a game***

Aug 19, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Classless of 09' ]

Clemson

Re: Yeah, this time last year. Then you played a game***

Aug 19, 2015, 11:07 AM

Indeed.

Seems like maybe we should play a few games before proclaiming our opinions to be facts.

Aug 19, 2015, 11:13 AM

I'll bet a 100 dollar bill right now. You will not win more than 8 games this year.

Put up or shut up

Aug 19, 2015, 11:18 AM

Are you not reading my posts?

I have no idea how many games we will win. So why would I bet we will win more than 8?

ROFL....last year this time we looked like a top 10 team

Aug 19, 2015, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Classless of 09' ]

You mean in the pre-season when it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !?!?!?!

Really? Let's see an article from last year***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: JC Shurbert is a CootAid swilling moron and Capon homer..... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He did say the defense was a concern and

Aug 18, 2015, 11:13 AM

he got absolutely lit up by the cawks.

I like JC he's the only person I read on TBS. SCar's defense will be better, top 50-70 IMO.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Anyone who even remotely suggests ....

Aug 18, 2015, 11:53 AM

the Coots could potentially win 10 games this season is a complete moron. Their ceiling is between 6 and 8 wins (at best) and 8 would be quite a stretch.

Re: Really? Let's see an article from last year***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Really? Let's see an article from last year*** ]

I honestly don't care to take the time to find one. Most of gamecock posts come from threads on tbs I no longer have access.

I've never been a fan of JC because he's a crybaby. But, he was right last year. He had the fans riled up arguing against him. He unfortunately had the last laugh.

pitiful...just pitiful***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:48 AM

ROFL !!!!

Aug 18, 2015, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Really? Let's see an article from last year*** ]

The Coot poster who has a history of refusing to believe anything unless and until some type of link can be provided to support the argument is now unwilling or unable to provide a link to support his own position.

Oh the hypocrisy and the irony !!!!

Thanks again for confirming the obvious.

Re: ROFL !!!!

Aug 18, 2015, 1:03 PM

Yep he is a joke

null

Ole Clueless09.....

Aug 18, 2015, 1:07 PM

like most Jock Straps, he's clearly not the brightest bulb in the box but he sure is good for a laugh.

typical chickensh1t behavior...we won't hear from him again

Aug 18, 2015, 1:32 PM [ in reply to ROFL !!!! ]

once the season starts

I think you may be underestimating....

Aug 18, 2015, 2:03 PM

how much he enjoys trying to be a royal pain in the a$$.

Re: Really? Let's see an article from last year***

Aug 19, 2015, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Really? Let's see an article from last year*** ]

Oh you just run that mouth with nothing to back it up. Just like a coot

Speaking of CootAid swilling morons and Capon homers***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: JC Shurbert is a CootAid swilling moron and Capon homer..... ]

How would you even know? your loser a$$ is always here***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: JC Shurbert is a CootAid swilling moron and Capon homer..... ]

Re: JC Shurbert is a CootAid swilling moron and Capon homer.....

Aug 19, 2015, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: JC Shurbert is a CootAid swilling moron and Capon homer..... ]

I will make this prediction about South Carolina. The defense will be as good as their offense. I will go even further to venture that they win 4 games in 2015. I will give you those games:

- Vanderbilt
- The Citadel
- Furman
- UCF (and that is a big maybe...)

This dude, JC Shurbert, may be a "homer." We have those too. My eyes and logic tells me that:

1) New d-coordinator plus new defensive line plus new system equals less than stellar at least the first few games.

2) The saying "if you have two QBs you have no QBs" is a standard, then what do you say about four QBs?

3) Replacing a running back and new offensive linemen doesn't bode well for whoever you put back there to "run the show."

4)Pharoah Sanders is only ONE player....PERIOD!

5) At SEC media days and throughout the media time in every camp, the players of the South Carolina team spoke nothing but about how badly they want another crack at Watson. Which tells me that no only are they not focusing on their other opponents, they aren't even focusing on getting better than the Spring. If I remember correctly, the score of that game was 17-14 and it featured zero blitzes and two coverages from the defense. Offensively, the best catch of the day was by Darius Rucker....the blocking was atrocious and the running game was non-existent.

If I were you, I would focus less on what is being said on Tigernet and more concerned about what is NOT happening in Columbia....

He's just pandering to the idiots*******

Aug 18, 2015, 10:36 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ole JC Shurbert has the coots fired up lol

Aug 18, 2015, 10:43 AM

Build them up and then the greater the fall! Usuck should beat Citadel, UCF, Vandy, and UK, but lose at least two if not three of their SEC road games. Depending upon QB play LSU could lose in WB, but not likely based upon talent differences. UF is another toss up, but that is it. I see 6 - 6 as their best outcome, however if Spurrier and co. Lose to UNC then 5 - 7 or worse is a distinct possibility.

Despite our initial feelings regarding the rivalry game, Clemson will be the chickens biggest contest no matter their record. We are going to be spot on for that game. I predict USCe has a five win season and the OBC comes back in 2016 for one last attempt to leave on a winning note so the trustees can name the field after him at a later date in recognition of whatever they can claim beyond his giving the overall program a winning record historically! Maybe their "long" streak against us will be enough to so honor coach Coors light!

Go Tigers!

P.S. Here's hoping we send him out with our own winning streak in the series.

$CU doesn't have the talent on either side of the ball....

Aug 18, 2015, 10:52 AM

to beat Clemson this year and expecially in 2016.

If Spurrier coaches two more years (2015 and 2016), he will retire on the heels of a three-game losing streak to Clemson.

Re: $CU doesn't have the talent on either side of the ball....

Aug 18, 2015, 11:02 AM

null

Re: Ole JC Shurbert has the coots fired up lol

Aug 19, 2015, 6:38 AM

" I can't wait for them to go 6-6 again this year. "

If you're waiting on 6-6, you're gonna wait a long time. The coots will fare no better than 5-7 with NO BOWL.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic