Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Class(less) act
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Class(less) act

May 6, 2018, 8:49 PM

So was at the game last night with my family until the end. My 10yo son has been trying for several games to get a foul ball. Well, around the 10th inning the area had cleared out pretty well and a foul ball was hit towards us, going over our heads. I tell my son to run backwards, he sprints as hard as he can towards the grass area located over by left field line. He is closing in on the ball, just ahead of about of about five other similar aged kids. Then, just as he is about to get the ball some 30ish yo ####### swoops in and grabs the ball. My reflex was to go kick the guys a$$ but didnt think that would be a good example to set for my son. So instead I told him to always remember how bad he felt and to be sure he never acted like that ####### when is older.
On happy note, as we were leaving the game we somehow stumbled upon a foul ball that had been hit out of the stadium and somehow no one had picked it up.
Stay classy my fellow Clemson fans.

Message was edited by: Macrotiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Class(less) act

May 6, 2018, 8:53 PM

Great story with a lesson. Perhaps the Lord had a plan therein. Hope your son and you enjoy many more times together. Cherish each one.

Go Tigers!

Macro Sorry I was drunk and just call

May 6, 2018, 8:58 PM

Me and I will give you the ball back. Signed GWP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2018, 9:06 PM

Used to u got a hot dog if u turned in the foul ball. If comes down to a happy kid or a free hot dog, pass me the ketchup

May 6, 2018, 10:09 PM

You handled it well.

May 7, 2018, 6:39 AM

So are you saying there should be an age limit to go after a foul ball or that one fan has more rights to a foul ball than another fan based on who started running after it first?

Kinda, yeah

May 7, 2018, 6:55 AM

Unwritten rule of baseball parks is that contested foul balls go to the kid...

Re: Kinda, yeah

May 7, 2018, 7:51 AM

So which kid out of the group chasing the foul deserves the ball? The other unwritten rule in baseball is whining and foul ball shaming are not allowed. Wanting to fight someone because they did not let your kid have a foul ball says more about the dad than the other guy

May 7, 2018, 10:05 AM

I may be going out on a limb here but you don't have kids do you?

May 7, 2018, 10:12 AM

Sure do...why do you ask?

May 7, 2018, 10:21 AM

If a 30 year old man grabbed a foul ball right before your child got to it you wouldn't be upset with the guy?

I've been to many a game where a guy got a foulball

May 7, 2018, 10:43 AM

Or tshirt over one of my kids. I was ok with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I've been to many a game where a guy got a foulball

May 7, 2018, 10:46 AM

I wouldn't cause a scene or anything but my son was about to grab a foul ball or anything of this sort and a grow man came right in front of him to get it I wouldn't have much respect for that man. I would be okay with it but that doesn't make it right.

May 7, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Kinda, yeah ]

Sure do...why do you ask?

Not something worth thinking twice about.

May 7, 2018, 7:23 AM

He may be getting the ball for his son or nephew who doesn’t have legs and can’t run after a ball. You just don’t know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And his dad may be a military vet too.***

May 7, 2018, 7:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

May 7, 2018, 7:50 AM

I empathize with you however I also state that for a 30 year old or any age of a person to desire a foul ball for keepsakes is not classless. Glad you found a foul ball. Maybe tell your kid to run faster next time? Anyone is entitled to a foul ball if they want it and get there first.

Glad you eventually got a baseball

May 7, 2018, 7:53 AM

I'm sorry you and your son had to go through something like that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That happened to my son too and we talked about it.

May 7, 2018, 8:55 AM

It taught him a life lesson. The world isn't perfect, sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. You have three choices, fight the bear and whip his butt, fight the bear and wear a butt whipping. That's two choices for you to choose from. If you choose to whip the bear then whip the bear. Either way, whether you take a butt whipping or give a butt whipping it's better than being a poosey and not fighting the bear.

That's what people do when they refuse to risk failure. At this time that boy is in Charleston Law.

Btw, I know this is a joke thread but you chose a position to which I am quite sensitive since I have 7 children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That happened to my son too and we talked about it.

May 7, 2018, 12:58 PM

Not sure if you were saying the original post was a joke or responding to tge various replies. I can assure you the original post events actually happened. It all turned out fine however.

Ever occur to you that the guy may have a young child

May 7, 2018, 8:59 AM

As well ?

Probably not, all about me. .me..me...me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Ever occur to you that the guy may have a young child

May 7, 2018, 10:10 AM

Still does not make it right.

I'm perfectly ok with it***

May 7, 2018, 10:32 AM

Re: I'm perfectly ok with it***

May 7, 2018, 10:36 AM

If my kid is about to grab a foul ball and a grow man comes up and gets it right before him I am not okay with that. That is just wrong man. If you have children I would truly hope you agree.

Then don't be okay with it. I'm sure the guy with the foul

May 7, 2018, 10:44 AM

Ball won't care. I wouldn't.

Re: Then don't be okay with it. I'm sure the guy with the foul

May 7, 2018, 10:49 AM

Not saying he would care but any decent grown man shouldn't take a kids happiness away like that for a foul ball. Sorry you don't agree and that is okay. Sad but okay.

May 7, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Ever occur to you that the guy may have a young child ]

Still does not make it right.

I'm perfectly ok with it.***

May 7, 2018, 10:31 AM

May 7, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Ever occur to you that the guy may have a young child ]

Actually I did. Thats why I didnt run over there and grab the ball back. Of course he wasnt married, but was on a date. He showed off the ball to his date.

I hope that girl got to see what her “man” was made of. It really does sound like a

May 7, 2018, 2:17 PM

######

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2018, 9:14 AM

Great teaching lesson. Wisdom is hard to come by when you are growing up. Be proud.

May 7, 2018, 9:15 AM

Great teaching lesson. Wisdom is hard to come by when you are growing up. Be proud.

May 7, 2018, 9:47 AM

How do you know the guy didn't have a young child himself? Even if they weren't at the game, perhaps he had a little one back home who couldn't make it for some reason?

May 7, 2018, 1:05 PM

You people just love to argue with somebody.
30 yr old men should not be running after foul balls with little kids.
PERIOD!
If it’s hit right at you ok but to race after a ball with little kids is beyond embarrassing.

May 7, 2018, 9:48 PM

Preach

I would have kicked that sorry, no good for nothing

May 7, 2018, 10:12 AM

and absolutely love it!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd kick a kid for being too slow to chase down a foul ball?

May 7, 2018, 10:33 AM

That's some hard core stuff mfo.

May 7, 2018, 10:43 AM

I'm sorry you do the right thing to not cause a scene, come on here to vent, and have people make the comments that they do. If a man did that to one of my sons I would not be to happy about it either.

May 7, 2018, 11:29 AM

As a kid, getting a foul ball was my goal ever game. I don't get to many games in person but I still like to try to get one ever season if I can. Having been beaten to numerous foul balls by adults as a kid, it's just a part of it. Sure the guy could have given it your kid, but he got there first. It's his ball to keep or give away.

If you kid really wants a ball, just have them go sit on the jervey hill. They'll get on eventually.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2018, 5:52 PM

Actually the guy didnt get there first. When he came running in it kinda scared my son and he hesitated, then the guy reached down and got the ball that was just inches from my sons grasp.
In hindsight it all worked out for the best. My son learned why you dont want to be a loser like the guy was, he learned there is a time and place to escalate a confrontation if you have to. This wasnt one of those times.

Maybe you should....

May 7, 2018, 2:15 PM

Trade in your keyboard for a glove.

Just sayin.

May 7, 2018, 3:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2018, 6:38 PM

I think I saw that incident on the ESPN stream, and it really struck me as low. If it's the same incident, then those kids were almost on the ball and he used he "manhood" to get past them and grab it.

To those who are "ok with it" because he might be getting the ball for his disabled son, you really need to think that through. The special part of a foul ball is retrieving it. The man surely has the means that he could go buy a ball for his son/father/priest/orphan/etc.

Just my $0.02 in this debate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2018, 9:17 PM

If what you saw was in extra innings, then yes that was it. We are watching the game on TV tonight and mybson just asked if maybe it was shown on TV. I'll have to pull up the replay. He would get a kick out of that.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic