Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Christian Wilkins ring of honor?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,755

Christian Wilkins ring of honor?

Oct 23, 2018, 9:15 AM

I think we should go ahead and do it. Love this guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not before Tony Lazzara.***

Oct 23, 2018, 9:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Christian Wilkins ring of honor?

Oct 23, 2018, 9:22 AM

Way too soon. He has to get in the HOF first

Re: Christian Wilkins ring of honor?***

Oct 23, 2018, 9:25 AM

Are you saying the Clemson HOF?

Oct 23, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Christian Wilkins ring of honor? ]

Or, are you saying/implying that Brian Dawkins should be there?

I think the bar for going in/on to the Ring is much higher now. Steve Fuller probably doesn’t make it if he played this century, and especially this decade.

IMHO: Dabo and Deshaun will get there, but it’s going to take ‘more’ for anyone else, going forward.

I think Wilkins goes into the HOF, along with quite a few others, but not so sure about Ring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Strongly disagree with you about Fuller......

Oct 23, 2018, 9:46 AM

I don't know if you saw Fuller play or are fully aware of the major differences he made in our program. His play and leadership is what led us from the dark ages into being a bowl team with the ability to beat teams like Ohio State. When he came to Clemson, we were a mediocre program and had been for years for the most part. But he led us out of that to where we developed into the program that later won the 1981 NC.

The ROH is for the "special" player who makes a major shift to our program due to his individual play but also the real difference he made to the program. Fuller was one of those players because our program took a major shift/change for the better under his leadership.

Re: Strongly disagree with you about Fuller......

Oct 23, 2018, 10:19 AM

Copy all, ‘77, all good and valid points. I graduated in ‘81, so yes I was there and saw Steve Fuller play.

[ As an aside, I worked at Fike and played a LOT of pickup bball there, also; and played against Fuller and Dwight Clark a few times (think they were both SAE’s, but not sure as I wasn’t a frat guy). Anyway, Steve was a great guy, but Dwight Clark came across as pretty arrogant - but hey, when you’re dating Ms Universe, guess he had reason to be! Great athletes! Actually saw one of the Bostics stand flat footed under the basket and then dunk a basketball - two handed behind his head! WOW!]

Anyway, I do agree that Steve was great for the program. And I DID say ‘probably’ doesn’t make the ring... but I don’t make those calls. Plus he IS on the Ring, so what do I know?!

Bottom line: GREAT times for Clemson football, no doubt!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you saying the Clemson HOF?

Oct 23, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Are you saying the Clemson HOF? ]

Deshaun will probably be next. Dabo definitely goes in, but am not sure if before or after retirement. He's pretty humble about himself and might not want it at this point.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 23, 2018, 9:35 AM

Would Wilkins be in over Renfrow?

Renfrow is to my point...

Oct 23, 2018, 9:40 AM

... we have (and have had) so many great players now, it’s going to be hard to ‘elevate’ any one to Ring status.

Renfrow is awesome, and made big catches - but how did he get there if not for Mike Williams and Jordan Leggett’s contributions?

Why Renfrow? He's been an excellent player for us.........

Oct 23, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Christian Wilkins ring of honor? ]

and he's one of our favorites but what major addition/change has he made to our program? I'm saying this objectively because he is one my favorites for sure.

But in fairness to so many others now, he doesn't qualify for the ROH.

Not sure. DW4 and Spiller are virtual locks

Oct 23, 2018, 9:41 AM

but the next guy that pops in my mind is Wilkins.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree about DW and CJS because they.............

Oct 23, 2018, 9:52 AM

weren't just great individual players. Each changed our program in a major complete way. CJ was the one who really started our ability to continue to recruit top high-school players - he set the example. And everyone knows that the QB play of DW was the best we've ever had and is why we won the NC two years ago.

Re: Not sure. DW4 and Spiller are virtual locks

Oct 23, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Not sure. DW4 and Spiller are virtual locks ]

As for changing the program, CJ will be next in the ROH

Spiller, Watson, Boyd, Renfrow, T. Lawrence***

Oct 23, 2018, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 10:36 AM

You need to go online and read the requirements. There are a lot of great players who will never be in the ring.
For one that was never a player but made a great contribution to Clemson football from 1932 until his death in 1980 no one is probably more deserving than trainer Herman McGee

Oct 23, 2018, 10:48 AM

Based on the past members, the "2016 Team" will be the next member. Tim Bourret, CJ Spiller, DW4, Renfrow, Wilkins may be next.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,755
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic