Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Christian Wilkins? Thoughts?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,805

Christian Wilkins? Thoughts?

Jul 21, 2015, 5:38 PM

Can a guy of his size and talent come in and end up starting on the DL as a true frosh? We have some guys waiting in the wings and obviously putting in the work (Huggy Bear, Pagano) but Wilkins seems like a true freak of nature with his size and athletic ability. I think we are going to have some growing pains along the DL this year but we have the bodies and the talent to have a top 25 D.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Christian Wilkins? Thoughts?

Jul 21, 2015, 5:40 PM

Mmm, my thought is he is better than good. :) Glad he is on our team and we do not have to play against him.

Jul 21, 2015, 5:45 PM

I think a guy like Wilkins will be an immediate impact guy . Don't think he starts , but like Lawson will get a bunch of PT behind the more experienced players who have earned the right to the 2 Deep .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 21, 2015, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Christian Wilkins? Thoughts? ]

If Kevin Dodd doesn't pan out, Wilkins
will play , as well as any DT position that opens up. I hate to see him a year from now with increased size and strength. He's Godzilla in waiting.

He will have a similar affect that a Freshman DT did in 1981

Jul 21, 2015, 5:45 PM

Not that the Fridge was a star as a freshman.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

If he was from the SE he would have been

Jul 21, 2015, 5:53 PM

the #2 player overall behind Cowart. He's a freak.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

CW

Jul 21, 2015, 5:56 PM

is the next Clemson superstar.

Re: CW

Jul 21, 2015, 6:00 PM

If he is going to be the next Tiger superstar , he will have some competition. I say on our roster right now may be four 1st or high 2nd rounders in the next few NFL drafts .
DW4 of course , Alexander , Kearse and Lawson .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 21, 2015, 6:32 PM

Saw a mock draft for 2017 projecting Watson as the 7th or 8th QB overall, taken in the 4th round. Coincidentally, I saw at the same time a "draft expert" who clearly wasn't.

Jul 21, 2015, 8:08 PM

I don't know why an expert would look at DW4 and say 4th round or so . Maybe now , but let's see him play an entire season or 3 and see what the experts think then .

DB23

Jul 21, 2015, 8:09 PM

Was Korncoot the expert that had him foing 4th round .
Axing for a fiend.

DB23

You are forgetting Mike Williams, A.Scott and DJ Reader

Jul 21, 2015, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: CW ]

A

Of course

Jul 21, 2015, 8:46 PM

being a freshman, I was referring to Wilkins as a newcomer. Most of us are already aware of the skills of Scott et al. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

Jul 21, 2015, 9:11 PM

So Reader, Watkins, Lawson, and Dodd don't impress you? Or the 2nd string doesn't impress you? That starting 4 (with the exception of Dodd) was part of the #1 defense from last year. They were the "2" in the 2-deep last year. But behind those guys I have concern and Wilkins could be that answer. But it is an overall experience concern and the only way that is solved is going throughout the year.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,805
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic