Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Check out these awesome pictures of Ken Hatfield
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Check out these awesome pictures of Ken Hatfield

Jul 12, 2018, 9:48 PM

I found

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn’t realize there were pictures of Ken Hatfield...

Jul 12, 2018, 9:53 PM

that weren’t awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I didn’t realize there were pictures of Ken Hatfield...

Jul 12, 2018, 10:00 PM

I remember the first time I met him, he was in line at the Clemson Chamber of Commerce and I got him to autograph the title to my car.

Jul 12, 2018, 10:04 PM

Yep, he really knew how to not fire a team up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn’t realize there were pictures of Ken Hatfield... ]

I remember the first time I met Hatfield, it was the first basketball game at LJ after he was hired a couple of days before. I was walking up from the floor after the game and he was standing at the exit all alone. I said hello and kept walking. Guess it didn't take long for him to figure out the no-win situation he had stepped himself into.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I met him at a Kenny G. concert.

Jul 12, 2018, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn’t realize there were pictures of Ken Hatfield... ]

It was tough to talk, but we both enjoyed the show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I can honestly say that I regret clicking on this thread.

Jul 13, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to I didn’t realize there were pictures of Ken Hatfield... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long before he makes The Ring Of Honor?***

Jul 12, 2018, 10:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

most bizarre post I have ever read

Jul 12, 2018, 10:12 PM

I approve this post although I do not approve of Hatfield. As the years go by I realize his support was as #### poor as the shirt he is sporting.

Mr. Duless w/ Moore.

Jul 12, 2018, 10:19 PM

Took 30 years to recover from Hatfield and West!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Check out these awesome pictures of Ken Hatfield

Jul 12, 2018, 10:32 PM

Regarding the last picture: if that was Coach Ford, those oranges would be a lot bigger and those young ladies would be a lot closer...Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would where that shirt tomorrow. Question:

Jul 12, 2018, 11:11 PM

Did he win as many championships at Clemson as Steve Spurrier did at South Carolina?

Re: I would where that shirt tomorrow. Question:

Jul 13, 2018, 12:17 AM

Like all good Clemson fans, I was very upset when Danny was fired, but it was done, and I thought that Hatfield was a good hire at the time. He inherited 21 players who went on to pro ball, and I really wanted him to continue Danny's success. In my 70 years as a Clemson fan, I have never bad mouthed a coach or player; I have always wanted them to be real winners. But, a coach is fair game after he leaves while former players are always Tigers.

I talked with Hatfield several times at Clemson meetings in Charlotte, and he never gave me a straight answer to a question. After he left one conversation, my young son commented, "Dad, his answers had nothing to do with your questions."

IMO the best designed play of his Clemson tenure was the little flip pass over the line against Illinois in the bowl game that Howard Hall took for a long TD. Hatfield never ran that play again, and I asked him about it a couple of years later. His answer was that he didn't have fullbacks who could execute the play, and I told him that Howard Hall was there, and he executed the original play. His excuse was that Howard Hall was injured some. (Hall actually played a lot those 2 years but was not effectively used.) Hatfield said that they would probably use the play with Emery Smith the following season, but he didn't.

His last season at Clemson was similar to SC's 2017 season; a deceptive record with about half the wins being pure luck. It was evident that our football program was a shell of what it was when he arrived. Clemson fans knew that it was time for him to go, and I was one of them.

Yes after the success we had we expected much more. The interesting part

Jul 13, 2018, 7:49 AM

Is that he had been successful at Arkansas and Arkansans think very fondly of him to this day. Danny Ford who we revere went on to coach at Arkansas and had very little success and Arkansans think of him along the same lines that we think of Ken Hatfield. One thing it shows you is that coaches can fit in a certain position better than others.

Re: Yes after the success we had we expected much more. The interesting part

Jul 13, 2018, 10:04 AM

I think Chad Morris will be a great coach for Arkansas. It seems like a great fit for him, the job at SMU made him grateful for being able to recruit and having a great budget.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Ford won the SEC West at Arkansas and led Arkansas to their

Jul 13, 2018, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Yes after the success we had we expected much more. The interesting part ]

first ever win over Alabama, if I'm not mistaken. The most notable thing that Hatfield did at Clemson was let Virginia beat us.

Thanks for the

Jul 12, 2018, 11:46 PM

PTSD trip.

You're the best.

Jul 12, 2018, 11:53 PM

80/20 Polyester Cotton blends make the look ... results tell the story .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 13, 2018, 1:48 AM

I always felt like his hiring was the administrations way of punishing the football program and fans for supporting Danny. Hatfield was just a self-imposed 3 year probation with a 50 scholarship reduction.

Jul 13, 2018, 8:21 PM

I just spit my drink all over the place. Lol. You are correct.

Jul 13, 2018, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Check out these awesome pictures of Ken Hatfield ]

Calhoun2® said:

I always felt like his hiring was the administrations way of punishing the football program and fans for supporting Danny. Hatfield was just a self-imposed 3 year probation with a 50 scholarship reduction.

Well said. I felt that way too. The administration felt they needed to break down all vestiges of fan support for Danny Ford and the football program he had built. A house divided and a house demoralized cannot recruit and compete with contemporary programs like Bobby Bowden's Florida State.

Comments were made about concentrating on academic reputation of the University. However, Losing to Virginia and being embarrassed by FSU in the early 1990’s does not improve the US News and World report rankings of your chemistry department or English department.

By the time Hatfield left, the great Clemson defenses of the late 1980s, early 1990s, were a shell of what they once were. A few great players sprinkled in, but overall the talent and depth was thin.

Jul 13, 2018, 1:55 AM

I thought that was Mike Honcho in the days he told Ricky Bobby about!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mostly he looks like Ken Hatfield though...

Jul 13, 2018, 4:47 AM

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jul 13, 2018, 5:26 AM

My Dad still wears that shirt to games.

Jul 13, 2018, 7:34 AM

Could buy that shirt at Klear Knit for about $2.50. Damnn I miss Klear Knit. Hatfield not so much.

You could buy anything for $2.50 or less

Jul 13, 2018, 12:16 PM

at Klear Knit. Outlet store just behind my late Uncle's home.

Re: You could buy anything for $2.50 or less

Jul 13, 2018, 3:24 PM

Klear Knit in Florence? I used to go there all the time.

Good Coach but Bad Timing To Come To Clemson

Jul 13, 2018, 5:37 AM

His overall record of 32-13-1 (.707)… Not too shabby when you think about it. He did alright considering the drama surrounding the program at the time.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jul 13, 2018, 8:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Great collection, and thanks.

Jul 13, 2018, 9:05 AM

You saved me the trouble of looking for these.

Are those Oranges in your pocket or are you....

Jul 13, 2018, 11:14 AM

Well, y'all know the rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't really articulate it, but this OP is awesome.***

Jul 13, 2018, 12:25 PM

I dig that shirt. Actually the whole outfit minus the hat.***

Jul 13, 2018, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uuuuuuugh! We were so far away from being good again

Jul 13, 2018, 12:41 PM

So many ### whoopins from FSU we hadn't taken yet. I NEVER want to be there again.

Jul 13, 2018, 5:25 PM

When I saw the phrase "awesome pictures" I assumed you had pictures of him leaving town.

Let me know when

Jul 13, 2018, 10:06 PM

they are selling those pants at the spring surplus sale. Anyone know what size?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Ken Hatfield’s hat field’s hat field’s hat field’s

Jul 13, 2018, 10:23 PM

hat field’s ... well l guess you can see where this is headed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic