Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greg McElroy, biggest sec homer there is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 4,442

Greg McElroy, biggest sec homer there is

Sep 26, 2019, 9:56 PM

says that as qb, he’d hate to play our defense this year more than last year’s defense loaded with players that went pro. Even the haters recognize the job that coach Venables has done with our team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greg McElroy, biggest sec homer there is

Sep 26, 2019, 9:59 PM

So far so good . They are having a tough time picking up the blitzers because they are having an equally hard time figuring out exactly who that might be .
Venables has their heads in a tiz .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Fastest Defense

Sep 26, 2019, 10:13 PM

I think I have ever seen. Just fast all over. Simmons is a big angry cat! With claws! By the fourth quarter, if the starters were still in, the opposing offense and defense is a frazzled hot mess. Just want to go home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were a number of us

Sep 26, 2019, 10:24 PM

Over the summer that felt Venables would do something to capitalize on the speed and versatility of the players...and offset the loss of a legacy D-Line. That man loves the 'lab'!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fastest Defense

Sep 26, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Fastest Defense ]

Great post, and you are absolutely correct. We are a nightmare that won’t allow waking as an end. Like the dream that won’t allow escape, our defense is becoming that same nightmare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 10:26 PM

Last year he couldn’t shut the he!! up about Quinnen Williams. One players vs five on our defensive front and somehow he thought Bama’s D-line was the better defensive front. In previewing our national championship game with the Crimson Tired, several times he stated TL would never be able to stay upright because Clemson’s offensive line was “just okay”.

Someone remind me which QB was under duress that entire night and which QB didn’t take a single sack.

I think it’s great that Danny Kannell is on the show with him every morning this year. DK keeps McElroy’s SEC bias in check.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 10:31 PM

I've listened for years, it felt like a breakup when Taylor left. But I have to say, Danny Kanell and him are pretty d@mn good together. That whole station is gold in the fall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 12:03 AM

I haven’t been able too o listen for a while. What happened to Taylor?

Sep 27, 2019, 9:40 AM

He took a director role for PGA Tour Radio (has been the host for the last few majors), but I think he will still call some college football games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 10:52 AM

I've seen (well, heard his voice) in a couple games already this year. I know he's doing broadcasting and the PGA stuff, but I don't know that he's doing anything on XM84 any more.

Sep 26, 2019, 11:44 PM

I want to see how our defense is against strong rushing attacks.

Pretty much my only concern left.

Sep 27, 2019, 12:01 AM

I would agree with this. After seeing charlotte run the ball so well in the first half it makes me wonder if we'll keep running the 3-3-5 against a good running team or will BV go back to the 4-3 in that situation.

I got the suspicion last week that BV might be saving the

Sep 27, 2019, 12:32 AM

4 man front for Championship Season. Prob a combination of finding the best peeps, and not giving anyone anything to look at before we need to. If he can dial up pressure anytime he wants, and he has been able to so far, against the competition we play, stick with it.

Charlotte's running back was really good..

Sep 27, 2019, 5:29 AM

He was patient, decent acceleration...and didn't go down easily. If ever there was an inbound portal candidate, I found myself thinking, 'Yeah...let him in!'

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charlotte's running back was really good..

Sep 27, 2019, 2:10 PM

Agree, he was quite good.

Agree that we’ll see more in playoffs if

Sep 27, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to I got the suspicion last week that BV might be saving the ]

We get there and play certain teams. The experience on the backend and depth at DE has allowed him to protect the lack of depth on the interior. We only have to fill 1 DT position so if you have 3 playing at a high level you are good vs having to have 2 spots to fill and needing to be 5 deep or so. This is huge for protecting against injuries too at that spot

He took a job with PGA radio. He loves golf.***

Sep 27, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to I got the suspicion last week that BV might be saving the ]

Replies: 16
| visibility 4,442
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic