»
Topic: Charlie Ward @ FSU
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jun 26, 2018 11:06 PM by: Topher
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Charlie Ward @ FSU

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 6:55 PM

I'm watching the 1989 Clemson/FSU game we won in Tallahassee. Did you guys know that Charlie Ward was the PUNTER in that game?!?!

I was 16 years old when I attended that game in Tally...I've been a HUGE Clemson football fan since I started going to games at about 5 years old. It seems I would have remembered CW punting, but I have no personal recollection of that at all.

Re: Charlie Ward @ FSU

[1]
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 7:22 PM

Peter Tom Willis... LOL. Ward was one of the best football players I have ever seen. Right behind Bo

I agree.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 10:42 PM

I would put him in my top 5 college QB's all time. I think he were coming out today he would be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft.

2019 white level member

Barry Sanders too.*****

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 10:43 PM

2019 white level member

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 7:39 PM

He was the backup punter. Tim Corlew was the one in the game during the play

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 10:38 PM

Funny thing is Brad Scott was the offensive coordinator for FSU then..... and he was responsible for recruiting Charlie Ward and Deion Sanders to FSU. I think hands down, the best hire Clemson did was snatching him from USC in Bowden's first year in 1999. Thanks Coots !! Hahaha.... and then we got to carry Brad Scott off the field in Williams-Bryce after we beat USC in 99 the year after they let him go !!

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 11:06 PM

Maybe Corlew was hurt or something during that game. Charlie Ward punted the whole night. Go back and watch it.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Texas A&M
FOR SALE: CU vs. Texas A&M on Saturday, 9/7 - 4 tickets and a Lot 2 reserved numbered parking pass. Four GREAT...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2104 people have read this post