Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chances Clemson doesn’t make it in top 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Chances Clemson doesn’t make it in top 4

Nov 6, 2019, 12:52 PM

After winning out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

< 1%

Nov 6, 2019, 12:57 PM

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Chances Clemson doesn’t make it in top 4

Just stop.

*****0%*********

Close to zero. However, if we are left out I'm ok with it

Nov 6, 2019, 1:04 PM

Seems the TigerNet consensus has been that a four team playoff is perfect. I personally think it should be expanded to eight but was told that it would water things down too much. Thank you for making me wise TigerNet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 1:06 PM

Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nope, Nada

Nov 6, 2019, 1:07 PM

Anywhere from 0 to 1 percent.

Nov 6, 2019, 1:09 PM

I'll play along and present a worst-case scenario for our Tigers.

Ohio St finishes undefeated - guaranteed playoff spot.

Bama beats LSU in overtime but 1 loss UGA wins the SEC championship - UGA is in and LSU is arguing hard

Oklahoma blows out everyone left on their way to 1 loss conference title.

Oregon blows out everyone left on their way to 1 loss conference title.

One of OK or Oregon is in for sure.

If we limp our way to a few wins and Wake loses 1 or 2 more games besides us.

Either PAC12 or BIG12 and LSU champ are arguing hard that their tough games cost them a chance to be in and we would be finishing with no ranked teams on our schedule at the end of the season.

Nov 6, 2019, 2:53 PM

try running that scenario in this, see what happens before you even start factoring us in:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Nov 6, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Chances Clemson doesn’t make it in top 4 ]

I actually would argue that the worst-case scenario would involve Baylor going 13-0.

Chances Clemson doesn’t make it in top 4? 0.0***

Nov 6, 2019, 1:34 PM

Chances a 13-0 Defending NCs on a 28 game winning streak

Nov 6, 2019, 2:30 PM

that have won 2 of the last 3 National Championships, made the Playoffs each of the last 4 years as either the #1 or #2 seed, that was Preseason #1 and never lost a game with 2 of the best players in CFB including the #1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft who single handily draws thousands of neutral viewer$$$$$$ goes Undefeated and doesn't make the Playoffs? Unless all the committee members unanimously decide to sabotage their own system- possibly to make some sort of political or social statement, i'd say the changes are 0%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

^^^drops mic.^^^^***

Nov 6, 2019, 3:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very low, but not zero

Nov 6, 2019, 2:35 PM

because the decision involves humans and large sums of money.

0.4416 %***

Nov 6, 2019, 2:39 PM

Nov 6, 2019, 3:24 PM

Assuming we go 13-0 and don't have a repeat of the UNC game I'd say that chance is zero. I'd say the chance is still pretty darn close to zero even with another UNC type of game.

Our schedule for the remaining season certainly isn't the most difficult in the world, but I'd say it's probably at least slightly higher than our schedule to this point, and certainly not any worse.

NC State certainly isn't going to do much to improve the schedule, but they certainly aren't the worst team we've had our on schedule, and it's at least on the road. In fact, 3 of our final 4 games are away from home which at least slightly helps.

Then we have Wake. Hopefully they beat VT which will guarantee them being in the top 20 when we play, and probably help in keeping them in the top 25 after losing to us. Even if they somehow lost to VT and fail out of the top 25 they'd still be 7-2 which is an improvement over our prior schedule.

South Carolina is similar to NC State, but it would at least be another SEC team, and it doesn't hurt that they had the win over Georgia.

Then we'd at least get a team with a winning record in the ACC title game, and if UVA wins their final 3 against GT, Liberty, and VT which is more than possible they'd be 9-3 and almost certainly ranked as well.

Perhaps less likely, but if A&M beats South Carolina at home and then somehow manages to beat either Georgia or LSU then you'd have to figure that they also finish in the top 25. That's probably not likely, but it's not impossible either.

The biggest thing is that as long as we keep rolling the way we've been then last night is most likely the worst that the committee will see us, and even then we were only 1 spot out of the top 4 with 2 of those teams being guaranteed to lose at some point. I'd be concerned if we had been ranked behind any of the 1 loss teams, but that didn't happen.

Nov 6, 2019, 3:27 PM

0 percent if the system was considered to be honest.....which I really have my doubts about that based on Clemson being ranked # 5 by them on Tuesday night......politics, money under the table, fake sports news AKA Espn has apparently already corrupted this committee......Go Tigers!!!!

^^^accurate +1 ^^^***

Nov 6, 2019, 3:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic