Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Championship Game matchups
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 841

Championship Game matchups

Nov 20, 2018, 10:25 AM

Here's how the last week of the regular season will set up the conference championship games. I did all this myself, so I'm not guaranteeing I'm correct. But I think I got it.

American
UCF clinched East
Winner of Houston @ Memphis wins West

ACC
Clemson vs. Pitt already clinched

Big 12
The winner of OU/WVU is in the champ. game.
If Texas beats Kansas, they are in the Big 12 champ. game.
If Texas loses, and WVU wins, it will be an OU/WVU rematch a week later
If Texas loses, and OU wins, and Iowa St. beats Kansas St., then the champ. game is OU/Texas
If Texas loses, and OU wins, and Iowa St. loses, then it's OU/WVU.

Big Ten
Winner of Ohio St./Michigan wins the East
Northwestern has clinched the West

C-USA
If FIU beats Marshall, they win the East
If Marshall beats FIU, MTSU wins the East (no matter whether MTSU beats UAB this week)
UAB has clinched the West

MAC
If Buffalo beats Bowling Green, they win the East
If Bowling Green beats Buffalo, and Ohio and Miami (OH) both win, then Miami wins the East
If Bowling Green beats Buffalo, Ohio wins, and Miami loses, Ohio wins the East.
If Bowling Green beats Buffalo, Miami wins, and Ohio loses, Buffalo wins the East.
If both Miami and Ohio lose, Buffalo wins the East.
Northern Illinois has clinched the West.

Mountain West
Winner of Boise St./Utah St. wins the Mountain division.
Fresno St. has clinched the West

PAC-12
Winner of Washington/Washington St. wins the North
Utah has clinched the South

SEC
Alabama vs. Georgia already clinched

Sun Belt
Winner of Troy/App St. wins the East
If Louisiana beats UL-Monroe, they win the West.
If UL-Monroe beats Louisiana, and Arkansas St. beats Texas St., Arkansas St. wins the West
If UL-Monroe beats Louisiana, and Arkansas St. loses, UL-Monroe wins the West.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Championship Game matchups

Nov 20, 2018, 10:50 AM

Interesting the amount of games that have minimal playoff implications.

American (Long shot)
ACC (one sided)
Big 12 (could be none and at the least needs help to factor)
Big 10 (Most playoff impact)
Pac 12 (needs lots of help)
SEC (one sided)

For those that say expansion would kill the regular season. It would add a lot more intrigue to championship week. Pitt, Texas, OSU, UGA, Wash, Washington St. Win and your in...

null

Assuming the top four teams continue to win...

Nov 20, 2018, 11:28 AM

the playoffs are effectively set.

Could Ohio State upset Michigan. Absolutely !!! The line is only 3.5 and the game is in Columbus but I think Ohio State would have to play its best most complete game of the year to win. Ohio State has lost just one game in this rivalry since 2004. Speaking of 2004, that was the last time Michigan was favored in Columbus. The Buckeyes rolled, 37-21. Prior to that, the Wolverines had not been favored at Ohio State since 1992.

Alabama is a HUGE 24 point favorite over Auburn. These two teams have gone in complete opposite directions since the start of the season. They both opened with non-conference wins that looked better at the time — Auburn 23-17 over Washington, and Alabama 56-14 against Louisville. Since then, the Tide have looked dominant in just about every game while Auburn lost to LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Georgia. Barring an injury to Tua, I don't expect this game to be close.

Notre Dame is just a 10.5 point favorite at Southern Cal. Notre Dame owns the edge in the recent rivalry with USC, winning five of the last eight meetings outright, including a blowout last season in South Bend.

Clemson is a big favorite over in-state rival u5c. By kickoff, this spread could be the largest in the history of the rivalry. Will Clemson cover? Who cares !!! I can tell you that Dabo Swinney doesn’t care one iota about style points or margin of victory. The fact of the matter is Dabo cares about winning the game and also accomplishing goals that mean very little to the general public. Dabo plays a lot of guys and we’re not talking about just in garbage time. He’s not afraid to replace one of his coveted starters with a freshman in the first quarter to get that youngster meaningful snaps when the opponent isn’t beaten, battered, scared and hiding behind daddy on the sidelines. Clemson vowed to be more explosive this season, and that has been the case. Too explosive for the Capons. Combine that with the best defense in the country and u5c simply lacks the talent or the coaching to play four quarters with Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Championship Game matchups

Nov 20, 2018, 11:33 AM

Clemson-5outh Carolina and Alabama-Auburn are the only games that matter.

Need to keep the team healthy for January.

Replies: 3
| visibility 841
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic