Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad has changed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Chad has changed

Dec 7, 2017, 2:45 PM

First off, watching his presser, he's not hiring BV.

If you watch the presser, he talks about his offense using TE's heavily. I remember him not knowing what to do with DA when he first came here. Guess DA made him a believer.

Whole lotta Dabo in him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, here's the link

Dec 7, 2017, 2:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpifMNzTisA

He's down to 5 packs of gum per day.***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's down to 5 packs of gum per day.***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:48 PM

But he is up to a fill case of red bull.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What you talking about, Morris always utilized the TE while he was here..

Dec 7, 2017, 2:49 PM

was always a key part of the offense

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As usual, U'd be wrong

Dec 7, 2017, 2:55 PM

He stated in several early Clemson pressers that the TE wasn't a big part of his offense and that having DA made him plan for one. Now it's in his plans and he's gonna recruit one.

I know you have problems understanding things sometimes Queenie, but he's changed ,going into Arkansas , he plans for a TE and the great talent that was DA was the catalyst for that change

Re: As usual, U'd be wrong

Dec 7, 2017, 3:48 PM

People don't realize that when you have better weapons you can change your game plan.

In the one year he was at Tulsa the TEs were rarely used, and I mean rarely.

Re: As usual, U'd be wrong

Dec 7, 2017, 4:11 PM [ in reply to As usual, U'd be wrong ]

Allen and Brandon Ford both had big years in the Chad Morris offense.

Why do you get so offensive if somebody doesn't agree with you?

Re: Chad has changed

Dec 7, 2017, 2:51 PM

Hes done a lot of stuff Dabo has done here. Team walk before game, some of the sayings he uses, but the 1 thing he does that would be cool for Dabo. We need a helicopter!! #tempocopter. Their videos each week with him on the helicopter are vreat. I think he hits a homerun in recruiting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2017, 2:57 PM

Dwayne Allen was the Mackey Award winner in 2011 (Chad's first season). I guess Dwayne made him a believer pretty quick.

Dec 7, 2017, 3:10 PM

Hate to break it to ya but you could not be more wrong. As a former player, Coach Morris’s offense is basically centered around an athletic blocking/pass catching TE. (Duane Allen, Stanton Seckinger, Jordan Leggit, Milan Richard)

Matt Porter?***

Dec 7, 2017, 3:33 PM

Have you checked Tulsa's 2010 stats? TE's were rarely used.

Dec 7, 2017, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad has changed ]

I mean Charles Clay (current Bills TE), was used as a halfback and fullback for Tulsa that year.

Not true. Morris met with DA and told him he would utilize him

Dec 7, 2017, 3:19 PM

to the point that DA would ve one of the top picks in the draft.
Heard an interview with DA on SiriusXM after Chads first year where he talked about their preseason meeting and how much he boygh into Chads system after the meeting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Not true. Morris met with DA and told him he would utilize him

Dec 7, 2017, 3:48 PM

Hmm, so it was pre-season that Chad told him that he would utilize him, eh?

After he was at Tulsa when TE's caught very few balls?

Yes. If I remember correctly, DA was an upperclassmen and

Dec 7, 2017, 4:27 PM

considered transferring or declaring early (could be wrong about declaring). It was his conversation with Chad and the promises Chad made to him that made him stay. DA was speaking glowingly of Chad Morris.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Yes. If I remember correctly, DA was an upperclassmen and

Dec 7, 2017, 4:35 PM

That's exactly my point, his offense changed between him leaving Tulsa and coming to Clemson. In 2010 Tulsa rarely used the TE position, and DA was worried about how the spread would effect him.

I'm sure the reason for the change was he went from having little talent at the TE position (Tulsa) to having one of the best in the nation with DA.

The point is, since he came to Clemson his offense has featured a TE, but before (albeit just one year at Tulsa) he did not.

Dec 7, 2017, 3:51 PM

Didn't DA win the Mackey award Morris' 1st year here?

Dec 7, 2017, 4:09 PM

Yeah, Allen only won the Mackey award in chads first year at clemson. Sounds like he was really clueless on how to use a tight end.

Dec 7, 2017, 4:21 PM

He also talked about being able to adapt.

If Arky sucks at TE, he probably won't use the TE as much as if he had Dwayne Allen.

If you had Dwayne Allen but just said, well we don't use the TE, then he wouldn't be the head coach of Arky right now.

Look at Clemson this year compared to last year. We halfway suck at TE this year (relatively speaking) so we don't rely on that position nearly as much as last year.

Dec 7, 2017, 4:46 PM

One thing I do remember is that Tulsa was a lot of 10p packages - 4 WR's - though I do remember they had this one kinda big lumbering receiver who was really tall and skinny who they were calling a tight end. Chad was definitely playing him as an off-the-line TE if he was a tight end, though, mostly 'cause I just don't think the guy could have survived the mucking inside.

Which could have just been the lack a really good TE, though.

Mostly, though, Chad - and definitely Tony Elliott - have always seemed at home in 11p, which is your 3 WR/1 TE package. We've actually seen some more 10p down the stretch with Tee Higgins as one of the double-slots but again, that's mostly a wrinkle, and I think they're doing it mostly because it gives Higgins a free release; his big (and really only) major weakness is that he doesn't get off the press very well yet, mostly because he needs some more weightroom time. Get him in the slot and it gets his man's hands off him.

Whatever, though, Allen was a whole different animal. Honestly, different even than Jordan Leggett. You could do about a dozen things with him and he was good at them all; guy was kind of like a Swiss Army Knife. Which is maybe what he was referring to. Allen's a different animal even at the NFL level.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic