Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris to Oklahoma St if Gundy goes to UF?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Chad Morris to Oklahoma St if Gundy goes to UF?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:11 AM

This is yet another Chad Morris theory that I think could play out. Oklahoma State is a lot like Clemson.....A good job but probably not a "destination" job as defined by the Alabama's of the world. We think it is special and that is all that matters...

Anyway, Gundy has been strongly suggested as a top Florida candidate and I am not certain they (Ok State) would go for an established Coach. Ok State is the type of program that I could see going the Coordinator route if Gundy bolts to Florida.

Morris or Venables would be fine candidates for this job if it came open...they are from that part of the world and it is would be a good paying gig that has potential

Thoughts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Morris ain't ready.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:14 AM

He has at least two more years. I wouldn't be surprised if he interviewed for that job though. He needs the practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to develop football players and score points

Nov 18, 2014, 9:52 AM

That's what i think he needs to do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's more important to us anyway.***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If someone wants to hire him, fine, go ahead--

Nov 18, 2014, 9:58 AM

In the meantime, how about figuring out ways to use the personnel that you have and win your last 3 games.

Then either start working on next year or call Allied and move on.

And for the love of all things orange, try throwing the ball to one of your non-blocking tight ends in the middle of the field, so maybe, just maybe, the linebackers and safeties will back up a bit and free some space to run the ball.

Re: Chad Morris to Oklahoma St if Gundy goes to UF?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:17 AM

still a pretty big job for him o jump into as HC

I still think Tulsa or a smaller school just look at the route Malzahan took after winning the National Champ. He ends up as HC at Arky St

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he left too many questions this year. Completely not his

Nov 18, 2014, 8:31 AM

fault but still everyone will look at chad a little longer before making the jump and besides chad has been saying he's going to be here through deshauns year and with ray ray and deon cain coming in he should be extremely optimistic. But deshaun is chad Morris's golden egg, he's his first qb that he gets to start from scratch and I fully expect deshaun to win the heisman if he stays healthy and that's a big if. He will be in the running in the beginning of next year but depending on his USuCk and bowl games he could be one of the front runners like he would have been had he not gotten hurt. Again not this year I'm talking about next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After witnessing the Muschamp debacle......

Nov 18, 2014, 8:32 AM

i seriously doubt anyone jumps at Morris even though he's an OC. I'm thinking most want someone with HC experience.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:44 AM

I think the "Chad Morris as head coach" star has faded somewhat. I don't see him getting offered a big time Div 1 job any time this year. Strangely enough, the name I see bandied around as a head coach possibility is Dabo Swinney, not Chad Morris. And I don't think Dabo is leaving for anything other than the Bama job.

I'm not sure he'd take the Bama job if he maintains...

Nov 18, 2014, 9:57 AM

any semblance of respectability here at Clemson. He seems to becoming entrenched.

I would be surprised if Gundy goes to UF..

Nov 18, 2014, 8:46 AM

surprised if they offer, and surprised if he accepted

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

your boy Greg Swaim thinks its a done deal .. of course he

Nov 18, 2014, 9:15 AM

was one of the loudest Clemson to Big 12 guys too

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's the point of your post?***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:59 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

just that you said you would be surprised .. but another

Nov 18, 2014, 10:02 AM

guy close to OK State thinks he would. Just showing there are different opinions on Gundy. I have no clue either way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So would I....

Nov 18, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to I would be surprised if Gundy goes to UF.. ]

while he hasn't always had the greatest relationship with the university administration, he is an Oklahoma State alum and he does have a very good relationship with T. Boone Pickens so Gundy is able to get pretty much anything he wants.

Florida may have trouble finding an experienced head coach from the Division 1 level who is willing to take over that train wreck of a program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No one is after CM...we're stuck with him***

Nov 18, 2014, 8:51 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Nov 18, 2014, 9:00 AM

Would not surprise me at all and would be an excellent decision by OSU if they chose either one.

Not all AD's think they need a experienced HC when filling the position.

I hope Venables loves Clemson and stays here

Nov 18, 2014, 10:05 AM

a long time.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic