Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris thoughts..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Chad Morris thoughts..

Jan 10, 2013, 8:43 PM

I was just thinking about why Morris would potentially want to leave or if he even does next year or the year after. He's hardly removed from high school football and he has an amazing chance to be part of something special here at Clemson for a long long time. If we continue at the rate we are, we can undoubtedly be considered an elite team. It's a shame loyalty is not what it was, and that things have turned into such a business. All I know is if he showed a little more of the "ALL IN" mentality as many of us do, it'd help hanging on to a lot of these recruits and eventually turn us into a yearly championship contender. Maybe I'm just crazy or maybe it's the beer talking.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you don't think he should try to become a head coach?***

Jan 10, 2013, 8:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He should aim to be head coach at Clemson.******

Jan 10, 2013, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: So you don't think he should try to become a head coach?***

Jan 10, 2013, 8:46 PM [ in reply to So you don't think he should try to become a head coach?*** ]

What's the rush? Sure someday but why not build your legacy here and not just jump ship whenever someone comes calling.

Do you want to advance in your career? Chad is no

Jan 10, 2013, 8:45 PM

different. It is a BUSINESS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you want to advance in your career? Chad is no

Jan 10, 2013, 8:46 PM

He's the highest paid offensive coordinator in college football, I'm pretty sure he's advanced very quickly.

Re: Chad Morris thoughts..

Jan 10, 2013, 8:47 PM

> I was just thinking about why Morris would
> potentially want to leave or if he even does next
> year or the year after. He's hardly removed from
> high school football and he has an amazing chance to
> be part of something special here at Clemson for a
> long long time. If we continue at the rate we are,
> we can undoubtedly be considered an elite team.
It's
> a shame loyalty is not what it was, and that things
> have turned into such a business. All I know is if
> he showed a little more of the "ALL IN" mentality as
> many of us do, it'd help hanging on to a lot of these
> recruits and eventually turn us into a yearly
> championship contender. Maybe I'm just crazy or
> maybe it's the beer talking.

Waiter....I'll have what he's drinking

Jan 10, 2013, 8:49 PM

Thank you for enlightening us with your presence, you shouldn't be posting on message boards while working the window at BK

Jan 10, 2013, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Morris thoughts.. ]

Don't you have a table to bus?

Dabo lured him here knowing that he wants to be a HC.

Jan 10, 2013, 8:50 PM

I m really glad he ll be here at least 3 years. When he does move on we ll find the next HOT oc... It ll be better than having to find a new one because we had to fire the last guy

Re: Dabo lured him here knowing that he wants to be a HC.

Touche, that's a logical answer.

One of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on here***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on here***

Jan 10, 2013, 8:54 PM

I'm assuming you were a TCC transfer, glad to see you trash me and say nothing to the coot.

Jan 10, 2013, 9:12 PM

Then loyalty should work both way's.Clemson would then
give coach's a no fire clause in contracts.We know that
will never happen,so that's the way the business world
operates.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You want the real answer coldog?

Jan 10, 2013, 9:16 PM

If your assistants aren't interviewing elsewhere, you don't have good assistants. Kirby Smart, DC of Alabama, interviewed for the Auburn HC job, you gonna question his allegiance since he interviewed with the arch enemy?

Football is a business to coaches and to players(to an extent). Coaches work as hard as they can for their employers, just like you do or will do in your career. If you do well, you will be rewarded with a better job.

Coaching is nuanced a bit, in that some college football programs have the ability and support to be successful and some don't. Do you leave a 1.3 mil job at Clemson to take an HC job at NC State for a couple hundred thousand dollars? I don't know. NC State has never been a national power, they have recruiting issues, and you're gonna have a sh1tty boss. Considering who they hired, its obvious that CM is pretty happy here. Change jobs for the right reasons...always.

Chad Morris isn't a Clemson man, he doesn't wear the ring, he doesn't whine and cry after a loss like fans do. He gets his butt up at 4:30 in the morning and works to make things better to make sure we don't lose again...like any good employee would. Now, I'm not questioning CM's commitment to Clemson at all, I want you to know that. He has breathed, bled, and sweat more for Clemson football than you or I or any fan ever will. He fights for his players and employers. My point is, coaches see things from a different perspective than fans.

Coach Morris is completely committed to Clemson football until a better opportunity comes along...as it should be. Don't fault the man, he has more at stake than we, as fans, do. Football is a business.

Re: You want the real answer coldog?

Jan 10, 2013, 9:21 PM

Well written and insightful, thank you.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic