Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris: The Gambler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,392

Chad Morris: The Gambler

Nov 30, 2014, 4:30 PM

Chad is gambling taking the SMU job. He is using SMU as a stepping stone to get a potential job at a bigger Texas university. If his gamble doesn't pay off, then he defaults back into an OC position at another big time program.

I don't think he can recruit with Texas, A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, LSU, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Ok State.

We need to make sure he doesn't pilfer our staff and recruits.

Thanks for all you done Coach Morris, but if you aren't All In, then you are All Out. Your either with us, or against us brother. Keep your paws off Tucker Israel!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris: The Gambler

Nov 30, 2014, 4:31 PM

* you're

Nov 30, 2014, 4:33 PM

Yall make it sound like being the OC at Clemson is the end all.....he is from Texas. He wants to be a head coach. It makes sense. He will not be at SMU very long....good or bad. Worst case is he fails and ends up as OC at a another D1 school. Not that big of a gamble iyam

Nov 30, 2014, 4:51 PM

We will be in good hands with whomever is the OC barring any wholesale changes. I think the offensive scheme is entrenched and the pieces are in place so that we do not lose any momentum. That being said, I would like to see a 50/50 running and passing attack in the future. Too often I thought we bailed on the running game the past two years against USC and that cost us in turnovers and clock management. We will be fine with Scott or whomever. The key is keeping Venables because defense still wins championships.

I don't think we have much to worry about.

Nov 30, 2014, 4:42 PM

There's not much chance guys who've promised themselves to (have you been to Clemson, SC yet) Clemson, a top 25 team with a chance to play with the #1 ranked defense and the best returning QB in the country are going to defect to a school (0-11) that lives in a city like Dallas so far from home.

Let me list the difference between the schools.

1. Academics
2. Football tradition
3. Environment

That would be like taking a kid from the rain forest and putting him in an igloo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think we have much to worry about.

Nov 30, 2014, 4:46 PM

"Come on Tucker and Deon, you going to sit behind DW for 3 years? You see what happened to Chad Kelly! Come to Dallas, you will start day 1!"

Nov 30, 2014, 4:48 PM

Take Tucker. He doesn't fit our system anyways.

Nov 30, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think we have much to worry about. ]

> "Come on Tucker and Deon, you going to sit behind DW
> for 3 years? You see what happened to Chad Kelly!
> Come to Dallas, you will start day 1!"

You may have a point but I think Chad's first call is to Chad Kelly.

Perfect to have someone that already knows the system, run it from day 1.

Pretty sure we're recruiting Deon as a WR***

Nov 30, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think we have much to worry about. ]

Nov 30, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think we have much to worry about. ]

You really are delusional

Believe you me...

Nov 30, 2014, 9:11 PM

Chad has no worries compared to most of us average people/wage earners. He has no where to go but up down there.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,392
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic