Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Jameis Winston on Deshaun Watson: I respect his game, but it's not about stars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 51

New Story: Jameis Winston on Deshaun Watson: I respect his game, but it's not about stars

Jul 20, 2014, 2:28 PM

Jameis Winston on Deshaun Watson: I respect his game, but it's not about stars

Florida St. quarterback Jameis Winston set the on-the-field standard for freshman quarterbacks last season, and during the ACC Kickoff in Greensboro he had some advice for Clemson freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson. What does he say about Watson's game? What does he say about 5-star players in college? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0 respect.

Jul 20, 2014, 2:41 PM

That's how much I have for this Winston. He's an excellent talent in football, but his poor life choices will probably be his downfall. He's just not smart off the football field. Look at Josh Gordon. Could be one of the best WR's to take the field but can't get out of his own way. Millions of dollars to be made from contracts and endorsements but throwing it all the way with drugs and alcohol. Winston may get away with anything he wants in Tallahassee but that behavior won't be covered up everywhere you go in life.

Re: 0 respect.

Jul 20, 2014, 3:01 PM

Who cares what Jamis says or doesn't say! The guy beat us one time. We will not rollover on our excursion down there and don't be surprised if we BEAT them! Why? Look at the facts. Nothing went against them last year--no injuries of a major pro[portion, ball seemed to bounce their way, unlike most FSU teams they didn't get penalized too much or fumble too much or whatever, and finally their time is due and we are just the team to hand it to them.
Give me the 20 and let me layer the flat line bet. I smell a fat wallet!!

Re: 0 respect.

Jul 20, 2014, 8:39 PM

technically he beat us twice including baseball... but that's not the point. I don't care what he says about us. I pointed out that I don't like his Character...or lack there of.

Ewe Skrong, we Skrong den.***

Jul 20, 2014, 2:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ewe Skrong, we Skrong den.***

Jul 13, 2023, 8:12 PM

We all skrong!

I'm just glad the SEC lost. Nice hold in the photo above.***

Jul 20, 2014, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He won it all and can say what he wants/ feels......

Jul 20, 2014, 2:50 PM

But do I hope that our boys on the D line can get to him often and early! I would love to see Beasley and Company shut him up for a change. Until then, I bite my tongue.......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

There will be much uncalled holding by the Free Shoes OL in Doak.***

Jul 20, 2014, 3:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: He won it all and can say what he wants/ feels......

Jul 20, 2014, 9:35 PM [ in reply to He won it all and can say what he wants/ feels...... ]

I agree. He is a talent, but we have some talented guys, too, and ours have good character. Very ashamed of what "Free Shoes Univ" puts on the field, and they should be, too. They seem to turn a blind eye to the thugs they have, though. Huge difference between Dabo and their lead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Jul 20, 2014, 10:08 PM

Could not agree more. Dabo has meda a believer out of me that you can run a clean program AND be successful .

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Amen!

Jul 21, 2014, 7:56 AM

He is living proof that it can be done if a coach wants it to be done. Many want boosters to do the dirty little (and some big) deeds, but they don't want to hear about it, or they just deny knowledge of it. spurlid is a past master.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen!

Jul 21, 2014, 7:30 PM

The truth seems to hurt the feelings of some house coots. As I have always said to my great friend, the poet Elliot, T.S. Elliot, and TS house cootie pies.

I'll give him this, he does his talking on the field.

Jul 20, 2014, 2:56 PM

I'd love more than anything for Clemson to do this talking this year in Doak and shut this guy up.

Can't fault most of what he says about leading

Jul 20, 2014, 2:56 PM

and psyching up his team. But I'd question whether he has yet proven he is a leader anywhere but in the locker room and on the field. Maybe he will finally grow up. He still is showing some typical cockiness in his statements about Watson.

Re: Can't fault most of what he says about leading

Jul 20, 2014, 9:38 PM

He is the beneficiary of a great OL and a very, very lenient coaching staff and administration that would allow him to be on the team. They may really be an arm of the secheat.

Re: New Story: Jameis Winston on Deshaun Watson: I respect his game, but it's not about stars

Jul 20, 2014, 2:59 PM

A lot of what Winston is saying is true but I can see his arrogance as well as his off the field issues/troubles getting in his own way at some point. Can he and FSU do it again this year? Only time will tell but I don't think it will be as easy as his confidence or "cockiness" will lead you to believe.

Re: New Story: Jameis Winston on Deshaun Watson: I respect his game, but it's not about stars

Jul 20, 2014, 9:39 PM

Very accurate. I wonder how long before his off the field antics overwhelm him, even at fsu.

"He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and

Jul 20, 2014, 3:16 PM

shoplifts from a grocery store."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and

Jul 20, 2014, 3:24 PM

yes, he shoplifted from grocery store, but as of today, he has never been convicted of rape... unless you were present when he was suppose to be ###### a woman you know nothing, so STHU... If you were there and you say a rape happened than you were an accessory to the crime.

Like his two friends who watched and recorded the #####?

Jul 20, 2014, 3:59 PM

Convicted of no crime, yes, but certainly guilty of disrespecting women.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like his two friends who watched and recorded the #####?

Jul 20, 2014, 5:05 PM

A drunk woman that was passed out and Winston raped!!!

Re: Like his two friends who watched and recorded the #####?

Jul 20, 2014, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Like his two friends who watched and recorded the #####? ]

All over it.

Jul 20, 2014, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: "He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and ]

And you're an accessory to ignorance, so says your charachter :)

Jul 20, 2014, 9:43 PM

You are all over it. I can't believe the attitude some have about this.

Jul 20, 2014, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: "He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and ]

Jameis Winston RAPED the Girl. He has done nothing to prove that he don't take what he wants. If he will steal seafood, he will steal sex from a young girl. In his case, he stole her sex before moving on to stealing crab legs. He went to FSU as a 4 star recruit, he will leave FSU as a 5 star thug!!!

Jul 20, 2014, 9:46 PM

On this we fully agree, and he will leave, sadly, being adored and his character will completely be ignored by them. That says something, and it isn't very flattering.

Jul 20, 2014, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: "He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and ]

and getting let off the hook makes him feel more superhuman

...more mouthy, more unstable

i'm convinced the kid is a psychopath and will flame up and out in the not so distant future

...and when that happens, FSU will swallow some guilt

http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-a-Psychopath

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: "He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and ]

Nice sentence structure, bosoxking!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 4:22 PM [ in reply to "He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and ]

Says someone who obviously doesn't know someone close to them that's been raped, and seen firsthand the repercussions from it. And I hope you never do

Jul 20, 2014, 7:03 PM [ in reply to "He won't earn my respect until he rapes someone and ]

I don't believe he is concerned even a bit about garnering your respect.
It would be hard for anyone ( even a 20 year old with underdeveloped morals )to desire the respect of someone who can't rise above essentially the same sort of base behavior, your post assigns to you.
Your post does not in anyway enhance your reputation or that of Clemson University. It also shows no imagination or thoughtfulness on your part.
Even if you think it is just something funny to say, it will only appeal to those who will say anything in the dark but keep their mouths shut in the light of day.

Jul 20, 2014, 7:09 PM

I want to beat him and the Noles worse than anyone on the schedule this year . I have to think that if we go in there and play solid offensively there is no way our defense is giving up 35+ to that team ...not this year.
Hate the Criminoles....always have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 20, 2014, 4:20 PM

Winston is a good motivator in the locker room and on the field. He is brash and very cocky, and proved it last year on the field. His personal life choices have left a lot to be desired, and probably would have been dismissed from most programs had it happened elsewhere. Best way to shut him up is go to Tallahassee and let the Defense plant him face first in the turf a few times. Rattle his cage a few good times and watch him come apart. I do not think their D is as good as claimed, and their secondary like wise. Let them talk the trash, and we' ll carry it to the dumpster on the way out with a win ! GO TIGERS !!

Jul 20, 2014, 9:48 PM

Thoroughly agree! You are all over this one!!!

Jul 20, 2014, 4:41 PM

He can talk. He and his team earned that right on the field. Just because you have the wins and hardware to back up talking does not mean you have to talk. We as Clemson fans should not give him any benefit of the doubt when he does stupid stuff on and off the field. His tweets and cockiness have earned us letting him have it at the appropriate time. If he is going to dish it out when the time comes he better be ready to take it. I hope the tigers dish it out in September and he melts down thereafter.

Jul 20, 2014, 4:56 PM

loser...your ### will be eating turf in a couple of months

it's called a fluke

you will find out what this D is about

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 5:10 PM

Not sure how you can call 4000 yards and 40 touchdowns a fluke... He was very respectful of Watson, he simply stated that he needs to earn his respect.

Go be self engorged elsewhere... Respect from Jameis? Who

Jul 20, 2014, 6:26 PM

cares?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Jameis Winston on Deshaun Watson: I respect his game, but it's not about stars ]

> Not sure how you can call 4000 yards and 40
> touchdowns a fluke... He was very respectful of
> Watson, he simply stated that he needs to earn his
> respect.

No one needs to earn his respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 7:17 PM

Some of you guys are more "offended" at what someone says on Tigernet than you are at a guy that steals and at the very least is disrespectful towards girls/women.

Priorities

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Jameis Winston on Deshaun Watson: I respect his game, but it's not about stars ]

Your name says it all. Bye, bye little one.

Jul 20, 2014, 5:04 PM

I noticed king Winston did not mention character and behavior as required for any star.

Not required for the 'skrong'...***

Jul 20, 2014, 6:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Date rape and crab legs. That's what

Jul 20, 2014, 8:25 PM

Florida state allowed him. Looking forward to going to Tallahassee this year.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Jul 20, 2014, 8:56 PM

I really would like to know who the staff idiot was who asked the other idiot, Jameis Winston, anything about Deshaun Watson! What a poor choice of a question to ask him. His opinion of #4 and his guidance doesn't matter in any way at all. And I, along with most rational people, don't care what opinions Winston has about any Clemson player at all. Or anything else that's going on in this world! He has clearly demonstrated that his decision making ability other than on the football field is severely lacking.

Come on man!!! Prepare better and make questions more relevant to what his capabilities are.

Jul 20, 2014, 9:18 PM

Excellent posting .

???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 20, 2014, 10:53 PM

Agreed!

Jul 20, 2014, 9:46 PM

Did yall see winston on ESPN. According to him and espn shop liffting aint no big deal!
He has had the best time growing into a great man and citizens..lol really? Oh and he has more confidence in himself than team! Lol

Jul 20, 2014, 10:55 PM

I don't question his stupidity.

I will say this as respectfully as I can.

Jul 20, 2014, 9:48 PM

F*** Winston

F*** FSU

and

F*** their little Spirit Drum

Spot the D*** ball and let's get it on already.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

I'm just glad Winston is not playing for Clemson........

Jul 20, 2014, 9:50 PM

..wouldn't matter to me if he wins FSU 5 more titles....

Jul 20, 2014, 10:39 PM

This guys an immature schmuck!!! Hope he gets his bell rung this year. Can not wait for week 3, won't be the same type of game. Respect and hate FSU, but let's call a spade a spade, you don't order $30 worth of crab legs from publix and "forget to pay"... I reiterate my early statement... "This guy is an immature schmuck"!!!

its not about the stars, but about crab legs..oh and

Jul 20, 2014, 11:14 PM

forcible relations.

He will get what he deserves at some point. Glad he is at FSU and not CU

Re: its not about the stars, but about crab legs..oh and

Jul 20, 2014, 11:39 PM

Another hold by the right guard in the pic. GREAT NO CALL BY THOSE REFS! WOW! THE WORLD WILL BE WATCHING THIS REFS. LETS GO DEFENSE.

I dont like Winston but he didnt say anything bad...

Jul 21, 2014, 9:53 AM

maybe I missed it.

All he said was 5 star or not, you gotta earn your seat at the table and the respect of the team....that aint gonna happen overnight.

I also agree with Winston that its completely different for Watson as Winston got to sit behind a top 10 draft pick for a year....Watson gets thrown into the fire trying to earn respect with a senior leader already in place.

Re: I dont like Winston but he didnt say anything bad...

Jul 21, 2014, 12:51 PM

ClemfanWV, I have had the pleasure of being around Watson for a bit and trust me, there is no need to "try to earn respect" as it is already there from his teammates. Barring injury, he is going to be outstanding at Clemson. His demeanor shows such calmness and confidence. His parents have done a wonderful job in raising this young man. He is a winner!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to hear it. I know he will do well.***

Jul 21, 2014, 4:17 PM

Jul 21, 2014, 1:22 PM

What a d1ck!!!!!

Replies: 57
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic