Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't believe we're still talking about Cuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,885

Can't believe we're still talking about Cuse

Oct 16, 2017, 11:22 AM

We have Open U coming up this Saturday, and they haven't been beaten this year. We need to focus on how we're going to second guess our coaches after this game. It's not on tv, but I'm sure you Negative Nancies will find a way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't believe we're still talking about Cuse

Oct 16, 2017, 11:42 AM

no sport you simply don't get it. This was not just a loss but the way it happened, how horrible our coaching was, ditto the play calling , etc.etc You obviously have not been around long enough to understand that sometimes ,not always, these things going awry can be a sign (s) of other problems. To not thoroughly discuss it , rehash it, etc. is an absolute mistake. THat's why, IMO , this process is so critical.
Perhaps you've never held any executive positions and this is no different than when a potentially big problem arises in a company. I know this process is properly way over the head of m most on here but fast is it works and will work in this case.

So you want to fire Dabo and Venables because of one bad

Oct 16, 2017, 11:46 AM

week? I've never been a CEO but I know overreaction when I see it. Pretty sure we're 8 months removed from beating Alabama in the National Championship.

Sorry that we lost one game this year so far. I said before the season I'd be thrilled with 10-2. Seems like we're on track for that. Were you one of these people that was freaking out when we lost to Pitt last year? Probably.

At the end of the day, I'm a proud Clemson Tiger alum and will support my team no matter what. 110% all in all the freaking time. I believe in what Dabo and Venables are building here and won't let one bad outing ruin it.

Re: So you want to fire Dabo and Venables because of one bad

Oct 16, 2017, 11:51 AM

Psycho: what the h...are you talking about. no one is talking g about getting rid of Dabo, BV, etc. Just because you've never run antyhing please don't assume that those who have don't know what they are talking about.. Anybody who understands business/sports knows that some times an event like last Friday can be a sign of other problems other than the loss.
Is that so Freaking heard for the people on rtghis site to understand? wow

Yea...

Oct 16, 2017, 11:56 AM

I trust Dabo and Venables to turn it around. You seem like the least enjoyable person to work for, ever. We're the reigning national champs and in the top 10 still. Relax.

Re: So you want to fire Dabo and Venables because of one bad

Oct 16, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So you want to fire Dabo and Venables because of one bad ]

Well sport as a football manager for 4 years I know two things for certain. First, if you think you only have to walk out on the field to win you are probably going to lose. Second, these are not grown men , they are 18-22 year old kids. Sometimes no matter how good a job you do in preparation, they just don't show up for whatever reason, maybe reading their own press clippings too much, sometimes they get a 'don't give a #### attitude" and it doesn't take but a few of them.
Coaches can only do so much, players have to respond. Look at our record over last few years and I don't see how you can say there are deep rooted problems.
BTW the sign of a great leader is that when things are good, he gives his team all the credit, when things go bad he takes all the blame. That's what we got. But I would hate to be at practice the next couple of days!!!!!!!!

Oct 16, 2017, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe we're still talking about Cuse ]

Or it could be that we just had a bad day, stuff happens, etc.

Now if the problems continue to be an issue then yes, you would then look for the patterns leading to that behavior/results. However, there has not been a pattern established to result in wide spread panic just yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 11:55 AM

I agree with one exception. Our play calling has been terrible all year. Talk to someone more knowledgeable that anyone on this site and they'll quickly tell you that we are predictable, vanilla flavored, lack plays for certain defensive strategies, etc. etc.. Can it be fixed? Sure. Will it?. It has not to this point and if it continues our chances of winning out is not very good.

Oct 16, 2017, 12:00 PM

Were we complaining about play calling in the Louisville game? What about VT? What about Kent State?

We've won almost every game by double digits, aside from an Auburn game in which they were doing nothing on offense so why the need to mix up play calling, and of course the game we lost. With which if we had a kicker we would have won.

Should we fire Tony Scott or Jeff Elliott?

Oct 16, 2017, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe we're still talking about Cuse ]

Asking for two friends.

You're just a fan. Why are you so worried?

Oct 16, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe we're still talking about Cuse ]

Do you think the program is falling apart?

They may be undefeated ...

Oct 16, 2017, 11:54 AM

But they haven't really played anybody with a pulse yet

Yeah, the healing will take a long time.

Oct 16, 2017, 12:13 PM

I'd imagine we'll be arguing about who, what, why and how until we kickoff again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, BYE WEEK is winless !!!!! ;)

Oct 16, 2017, 12:35 PM

Just sayin' !!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,885
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic