Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we land a 5* Punter and 5* Placekicker now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Can we land a 5* Punter and 5* Placekicker now?

Dec 14, 2015, 9:06 PM

I need these stocking stuffers to complete my Christmas Wish List.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Why, we are never going to punt again, and will go for

Dec 14, 2015, 9:07 PM

two every time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear you Spud. I do like an

Dec 14, 2015, 9:10 PM

optimist.

An optimist is someone who goes after Moby #### in a row boat and takes his tartar sauce with him.

Need a good leg for kick-offs and extra points***

Dec 14, 2015, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Why, we are never going to punt again, and will go for ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

How about a 5* special teams coach! Just sayin.***

Dec 14, 2015, 9:15 PM

Re: How about a 5* special teams coach! Just sayin.***

Dec 14, 2015, 9:40 PM

We will take any of the above.

12 and 0. Just sayin'.***

Dec 14, 2015, 9:42 PM [ in reply to How about a 5* special teams coach! Just sayin.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we land a 5* Punter and 5* Placekicker now?

Dec 14, 2015, 9:40 PM

Sorry, no can do, every 5-star punter in existence played for every team we played this season.... Seriously, it was ridiculous ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2015, 10:13 PM

Seriously. Every single punter was 45+ average with some of them being 60 long and 60 high!

Dec 14, 2015, 10:40 PM

So true

Serious question; do we have guys recruiting the specialy

Dec 14, 2015, 9:44 PM

players like kickers and punters? I hope so, but dont know..

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question; do we have guys recruiting the specialy

Dec 14, 2015, 10:16 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOO, is there such a thing AS a 5-star punter or 5-star placekicker coming out of high school???

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, they do

Dec 17, 2015, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Serious question; do we have guys recruiting the specialy ]

Kickers come to the summer camps just like any other position player. They are evaluated and given consideration by the coaches. I believe most are offered a preferred walk-on position that usually leads to a scholarship, although we have outright given scholarships in the past.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2015, 10:23 PM

Can we include a 5* punt returner and kick off returner as well.....which appears to be the only weakness we have at this time.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Dec 14, 2015, 10:34 PM

Doesnt matter if he is a 1-star or a 5-star, punt coverages today is such that there is NO ROOM to return a punt. In the pros, you see them more cause they outkick their coverage. As long as Artavis Scott is out there, I dont worry about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2015, 10:47 PM

Here you go http://collegespun.com/sec/alabama-sec/eddy-pineiro-top-kicker-in-2016-class-de-commits-from-alabama

He already signed LOI with Florida***

Dec 17, 2015, 10:09 AM

i need to create a new tigernet account...

Dec 15, 2015, 12:14 AM

and pay for it, just so I can give this 2 thumbs up...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

ACTUALLY, as close as a 5* as you'll see.........

Dec 15, 2015, 1:28 AM

Not that I know anything about recruiting but....

One should keep an eye on in Austin Kent from Charlotte. While he is still being evaluated, Kent averaged 47 yards per punt and 34 of his 38 kickoffs went for a touch back.

Also, keep your eye out for ATH Davondre 'Tank' Robinson on special teams. While it may seem like a stretch, Robinson averaged 49.4 yards per punt, and was 6 of 6 on PATs. He'll likely play safety at the collegiate level. Just tossing that out there...

PLUS, P Will Spiers was on campus for the FSU game and is interested in looking at a preferred walk-on spot but could also lace em' up for the Tiger baseball team as well. A little hint, and we'll keep this strictly between us, he has also played QB and could perhaps execute a fake.... His father is a former punter for Clemson under Danny Ford. He averaged 39.2 yards per punt. Ford called his punter “Shortstop” instead of by his name, and despite playing on the gridiron just one season, his 39.2 punting average ranks 12th all-time at Clemson.

During his Clemson baseball career, Spiers accumulated 17 home runs, 119 RBIs, 34 doubles, 17 triples, and 60 stolen bases in three seasons. A 12-year Major League Baseball veteran with playing stints with the Brewers, Mets and Astros. Spiers has served as an assistant baseball and football coach under Jarecki for the past 13 years. A 2007 inductee into the S.C. Athletic Hall of Fame, Spiers was a first-round draft pick (13th overall) in the 1987 MLB Amateur Draft. He made his Major League debut two years later with the Milwaukee Brewers on April 7, 1989, and went on to play in 1,252 games and compile a .271 career batting average.

Get this, his nephew Glenn Batson committed to play baseball for Clemson in keeping the Tiger legacy-line alive.

So TigerBry maybe you can answer this...

Dec 17, 2015, 9:43 AM

Didn't DF actually advertise and have an actual tryout amongst the student body trying to find a punter when he discovered the baseball player Bill Spiers could punt? Would've loved to hear the discussions between DF and Willhelm over that. Haha

Re: ACTUALLY, as close as a 5* as you'll see.........

Dec 17, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to ACTUALLY, as close as a 5* as you'll see......... ]

TigerBry: Interesting post. Info and film has been sent to Tigers. I saw the film and this kid is the real deal.. I have people who have seen him play and had a hard time believing what they saw. If my memory is correct he's a big kid with lots of upside in leg strength development which will add even more height and distance. hope we hear more about him

Dec 15, 2015, 8:06 AM

Huegel did not miss A field goal in conference. I think that's pretty good. Sure he missed some extra points but that may have been the center or the holders fault as much as his. Then again he attempted 832 extra points and just missed 4.
Also you make it sound like Clemson has both ad good kickers and punters but the last punter is in the NFL and Cantazaro is maybe the best in the NFL. I think they do well getting punters and kickers.

Dec 15, 2015, 8:47 AM

The difference between Pinion and our kickers this year.....

Pinion - 41 kickoffs 816 return yards
2015 - 61 kickoffs 1471 return yards

Solution --- get a kicker that can put the ball 5 yards deep in the endzone OR find some kickoff return coverage guys.

Dec 17, 2015, 9:18 AM

Seems to me that is a difference of 5 yards per return.You could fix it with better coverage!
Or the Freshmen all American Kicker could get stronger.

Not sure if you've seen SP play but I think we should offer BT Potter*****

Dec 15, 2015, 8:43 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm wanting...

Dec 17, 2015, 9:26 AM

5* hookers and cheap blow. Maybe 5* blow and cheap hookers works the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic