Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can understand WF QB Jamie leaving for UGa but was he good enough..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,411

Can understand WF QB Jamie leaving for UGa but was he good enough..

Sep 8, 2020, 3:00 PM

to give Dawgs a real chance to beat FL or Bama?

Of course he’s flown the dog house so doesn’t matter now.

But, he was an experienced B type QB and considering what they had I guess he was an improvement, even if from the lowly (sic) ACC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can understand WF QB Jamie leaving for UGa but was he good enough..

Sep 8, 2020, 3:50 PM

I am surrounded by Dawg fans. Word is they believe he saw the writing on the wall. Their freshman QB will eventually be their starter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 4:46 PM

I dunno. I eyeballed D'Wan Mathis's film. He's raw. He also apparently turned around and threw a couple of back-to-back INT's in the scrimmage on Saturday. Kirby did not sound overly enthused.

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20200905/rsquonobody-has-taken-chargersquo-jt-daniels-drsquowan-mathis-and-uga-qb-job-after-jamie-newmanrsquos-opt-out

My guess would be JT Daniels ends up being the guy. He checks all the physical boxes, has a live arm and he's definitely in the dropback mold the Dawgs prefer. (I also think he's a lot more like Nick Eason than he is Jake Fromm and that is maybe not a good thing; he flashed the toolset at Southern Cal, but he also got beat out by a true freshman for a reason.)

My guess would be Newman realized he wasn't more than a makeweight temporary solution because any O he was going to be successful in needed to be tweaked to his skillset and play to his mobility, but the Dawg offense under Kirby has always been stodgy, conservative, and traditional...they like their dropback guys and I suspect that's how it is, period.

Sep 8, 2020, 5:02 PM

I have to plus one for "stodgy". Never seen it, but like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 5:20 PM

I dunno. How else would you describe Georgia's O?

https://www.google.com/search?q=stodgy&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS906US906&oq=stodgy&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.1790j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Sounds like the perfect candidate to hand the ball off so ##

Sep 8, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Can understand WF QB Jamie leaving for UGa but was he good enough.. ]

Good

UGA football is like a tragic comedy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 3:59 PM

o give Dawgs a real chance to beat *South Carolina*, FL or Bama?

Fixed it for you but I can say one thing about it, I know for a FACT that as a Dawg, he was 110% capable of beating Georgia.

Sep 8, 2020, 5:40 PM

Nope. Georgia was willing to take him out of desperation but then they immediately "recruited over" him as soon as they got the chance. He was never going to be anything other than a place holder until someone better came along. If he was good enough to be a difference maker at Georgia, he would have been a much higher ranked NFL prospect.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,411
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic