Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can the basketball team catch fire enough to overcome the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,859

Can the basketball team catch fire enough to overcome the

Feb 6, 2019, 8:56 PM

bad losses to Creighton on a neutral floor, and Nebraska at home, and have a shot at making the NCAA tourney?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can the basketball team catch fire enough to overcome the

Feb 6, 2019, 9:04 PM

I think it is doable. I think at Louisville is the only sure loss. We play great at home and can beat VTand if things go right UNC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 9:11 PM

Yeah, would have to win one of those but probably two. we were still projected out before tonight and tonight game doesn’t help us any. But don’t hurt us either.

19 wins, we’re out
20 games and a w in the acc tournament would get us there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 9:04 PM

I think it is doable. I think at Louisville is the only sure loss. We play great at home and can beat VTand if things go right UNC.

Feb 6, 2019, 9:06 PM

They have a chance. They’ve still got easy teams to play and really only 3 games that will be hard to win. Unc, Louisville and Va Tech.

Clemson, FSU. And cuse all have a net ranking even with each other. The other teams are worse than ga tech rating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 9:11 PM

I certainly hope that the students can really get back into the game. Now is the time to really show up. That game with the Heels should be a big challenge for everyone. Surely that will be a packed house and it likely will be a VERY BIG game in the standings. I like the way Coach B is getting some playing time for the bench guys before the final games.

FSU and Cuse will be hard to win as well....

Feb 6, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Can the basketball team catch fire enough to overcome the ]

They are winnable games, but FSU has spent most of their time around top 25, even with injuries.
And we know that Syracuse’s zone presents problems.
Those 2 teams have already beaten us once.
I put those games in the same group as VT, UNC and @Louisville.
5 tough games left.
And then 4 games that we should win, but need to continue to play well. Road games at Pitt, ND & Miami, home vs BC. One of those road games could trip us up, but tonight (and frankly everything but the last 30 seconds against NCSU) says good things about our road mentality.

Re: FSU and Cuse will be hard to win as well....

Feb 6, 2019, 9:54 PM

Agree but also agree that the nc st game could do for b-ball what that Pitt fb game did for us in 16... we were winning but Pitt game woke us up. Since then our d has played lights out. Granted three easy games and that’s one reason I said Saturday will tell us a lot imo.

Still a ways to go, but I think so.***

Feb 6, 2019, 9:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 6, 2019, 9:09 PM

Statement game this Saturday against VT . Beat them and I could see us going 7-2 or better over the final stretch .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yep. We will beat VT this Saturday.***

Feb 6, 2019, 9:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You sure that's a good idea?

Feb 6, 2019, 9:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 9:16 PM

Hope so, Love watching the Tourny with the Tigers playing.

Feb 6, 2019, 9:23 PM

Yes we’re going to finish 20-11. A win in conference tourney makes us a lock at that point but probably in no matter what with 20 wins

Absolutely. We will at least finish 9-9, if not 10-8.

Feb 6, 2019, 9:45 PM

We will be dancing again this year. We have a good team, despite many of our fans bailing on the team after starting 1-5. Our schedule was very unfavorable and we had to overcome some injuries. We are now starting to see how good we are.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Absolutely. We will at least finish 9-9, if not 10-8.

Feb 6, 2019, 10:06 PM

The only thing that keeps us out even with 20 wins is upsets in other tournaments that puts a worse team than us in it.

Really screwy the way it’s setup. Usually speaking, the top 40 net rated teams are in, which is usually not teams with guaranteed bids. We’re still in first 4 out after tonight.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,859
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic