Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can one persons talent expose the talent of an entire team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,132

Can one persons talent expose the talent of an entire team?

Sep 24, 2018, 3:15 AM

(Before I say this, I’m still a huge Kelly Bryant supporter and wish him nothing but success) The answer- I think so. Trevor Lawrence’s changes everybody. His talent level opens up and displays the skills of an entire offensive, including the OC’s!

First, he demands respect from opposing defenses, which in return, opens the entire playing field up for ETN, Feaster, Choice, Ross, Higgins, Rodgers, the TE’s, etc to showcase! The Oline doesn’t get worn down by D’s continually loading the box, almost every play.

As for Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott, TL changes their entire game plan! As displayed Saturday against GT, you now have a balanced attack! TL will raise Tony Elliott’s stock for being considered for a HC position!

TL exposes everyone’s talent! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can one persons talent expose the talent of an entire team?

Sep 24, 2018, 4:02 AM

Nailed it!

Sep 24, 2018, 8:17 AM

In the times we live in, TL should be careful exposing himself in any way.

#metoo

Sep 24, 2018, 8:51 AM

I was with you until you pulled the play calling and referencing Saturday. Are you aware that the first 9 play calls are scripted? Designed to present different formations, personnel groups, etc? This is done purposefully to see how the defense is going to respond to each situation...then the real play calling takes shape. If I remember correctly K.B. only ran scripted plays the first two possessions.

With all of that said, I still love Trevor. Just don’t bash a young man who has given his all to the Tigers, lead us to a ACC Championship and 3rd straight CFP appearance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 9:24 AM

Thanks baker5801 I did not know the first nine plays are scripted. I've coached youth football and we had 3 or 4 scripted calls to begin the game and second half. I've been and still 100% for KB just, at this point, believe TL exposes the talent of the entire offensive team better.

I really hope that if the depth chart changes, KB is used as a "utility" player in different facets. I would truly love to see him play at the next level, in some capacity. Agree, he was the leader last year and has been thus far, especially at aTm. Good problems and no doubt the coaching staff will handle the situation well.

The great thing is both, TL and KB, can be utilized and lead this team, in different situations. I believe the opposing D's have to play more conservative formations with all the talent and capabilities when TL is behind center.

Go Tigers!

Sep 24, 2018, 9:28 AM

This is exactly what happens to everyone around Tom Brady. He’s a superstar who makes other superstars.

You better believe our players buy into that mindset - the talent tide rises and everybody’s boat rises with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Bryant supporter here too and S'cuse struggles vs. running

Sep 24, 2018, 9:32 AM

qb's but Trevor is the man of the future at Clemson no question about it. I think Bryant sometimes keeps the ball to a fault as at times he needs to get rid of the ball quicker instead of tucking and running. Oh well, I know the coaches know what is best in that regard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,132
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic