Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can of worms meet Mr. Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 336

Can of worms meet Mr. Trump

Feb 15, 2019, 2:52 PM

Well, with Trump declaring a National Emergency today he has open a can of worms that may well be tough to scoop up and put back in the can. Even if, like me, you think we need a way stronger approach this is not the way to go in the long run.

I can see liberals wanting to use the same tactic on any number of issues ranging from climate change,universal health care, free tuition at University and the list could go on. Saw where it could be gun control too but that would be FAR harder due to the 2nd Amendment.

Much like old Harry using the nuclear option on federal judges opened the door to SCOTUS appointments bypassing established decorum is gonna bite Republicans in the hind quarters. Also as many items BHO did by EO were wiped away by the stroke of a pen this can too. It is now bread and circuses for the masses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can of worms meet Mr. Trump

Feb 15, 2019, 2:54 PM

Looks like old Trumpo The Clown just paved the way for the Green New Deal.

Feb 15, 2019, 2:56 PM

At well over $40 trillion good luck skippy because printing money never ends well for anyone.

Who wrote this?***

Feb 15, 2019, 2:54 PM

Re: Who wrote this?***

Feb 15, 2019, 2:56 PM

Me.

I ask because I heard almost the same comments verbatim

Feb 15, 2019, 3:04 PM

On the radio earlier this afternoon...

Busted***

Feb 15, 2019, 3:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Busted***

Feb 15, 2019, 3:49 PM

Nope, that was all me and mine . Did see a headline as I said on the gun control thing, never read it because it was stupid. To repeal the Right to Bear Arms one must 1st get get the Senate/House vote of 2/3 then 3/4 of States must agree to repeal. Not taking in to account that it might could be done by a SCOTUS ruling by a ruling on the verbage again.

Re: Busted***

Feb 15, 2019, 4:10 PM

Not much I would go to jail for, but protecting my right to have a firearm is one of them. They aren’t taking mine and that’s a fact jack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sit back, relax, Trump will win in the end.

Feb 15, 2019, 3:22 PM

The larger question here is why democrats would intentionally try to scuttle such a clear opportunity to correct such a blatant and obvious problem. Their efforts to prevent border security makes me wonder what Trump is really taking away from them.

Anyway, congress grants a president virtually unfettered authority to grant national emergencies. Dems will try to use the courts to inject as much grey area as possible in the decision but, at the end of the day, they will bump up against presidential constitutional powers and nobody can change that except the Supreme Court who probably won’t even hear the case.

Article IV, section 4 of the United States Constitution. Read em n’ weep. Courts are just a stall tactic.

Beto just said he will tear down the existing walls and fenc***

Feb 15, 2019, 3:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 4:34 PM

What Trump is doing violates the Constitution, not even an amendment that was added to convince some states to sign on, but part of the original, pre-amendment text. If this is allowed to go through there is no reason a liberal president couldn’t use some similar off the wall logic to declare a national emergency and issue an executive order addressing gun control.

Bottom line, this isn’t a good move on his part and if allowed to stand is going to come around full circle some day and be used against conservatives. At which point it will escalate back and forth for who knows how long.

Either way, I expect the courts will stop it but you just never know with how partisan everything is now.

Replies: 11
| visibility 336
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic