Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone post pics of the Homecoming displays, for those
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Can anyone post pics of the Homecoming displays, for those

Oct 25, 2019, 5:24 PM

of us not able to make it to Clemson this weekend?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will this do in a rush?

Oct 25, 2019, 5:27 PM

http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Will this do in a rush?

Oct 25, 2019, 7:54 PM

No sir--the webcam shot of Bowman Field from Sikes is frozen and a still shot from Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. It was reported but the tenders of the cameras did not get it fixed for HC displays or chose not to do so.
Too bad as those of us not in Clemson tonight or tomorrow will not ever see the '19 versions of floats & displays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will this do in a rush?

Oct 26, 2019, 1:11 PM

https://twitter.com/parkers_tiger/status/1187923304662863874

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Can anyone post pics of the Homecoming displays, for those

Oct 25, 2019, 8:13 PM

Here's the one we should be proudest of:

https://newsstand.clemson.edu/mediarelations/26th-annual-habitat-for-humanity-build-kicks-off-homecoming-week-at-clemson/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 9:44 PM

Here’s a few pics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 10:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 3:16 PM

76er------ I wish I could give you 10 or more TUs for calling them correctly, displays. Even the President of Clemson University called them "floats". Floats are mobile. Displays don't go anywhere unless there is a strong wind or some other outside force that causes them to move.

Sometimes the Homecoming Queen and her court come riding into the stadium on a float to display whatever it is they want to display.

In years past there were two divisions of displays. One division had displays with moving parts or action (some were really clever) and the other division was displays with no moving parts. In recent years I have seen no displays with moving parts or action.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 3:20 PM

Ditto Joe. My memories from my era was of moving parts and far more engineered than the displays we now have. Not knocking the current displays. They are very good. Just different from the 70’s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 4:48 PM

Back in the day, some were so complicated that it took the combined efforts of all the Engineering departments to pull them together. I haven't seen a picture of any lately that look to have taken more than a couple days to put together. Different priorities for different times, I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic